Colts!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! GO COLTS!!! My voice is gone and I'm fat with Super Bowl food...but I'm HAPPY!

AHHHHHHHHH! IT'S ABOUT TIME!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Woo! That's the way it's done, kids.

I <3 Peyton Manning.
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

My favorite team wasn't in it so I wasn't too interested in watching. I fell asleep after the first half ended because it got pretty boring. The first half was neat.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

*shock and disbelief* how could you POSSIBLY fall asleep?! That was the best game EVER!
~ Mandy ~

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's instead and drooled over George Peppard.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I watched the halftime show. The Foo Fighters cover was kind of interesting, eh? And Purple Rain in the rain was sort of neat, too. Have to admit, Prince was an odd choice for the audience, though. However, my mom was thrilled.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I didn't watch a single minute of it ...what Foo Fighters song did Prince cover?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Best Of You! I just thought it was cool because I've been hearing that Foo Fighters cover of Prince's Darling Nikki on the radio lately.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Amanda Saunders wrote: *shock and disbelief* how could you POSSIBLY fall asleep?! That was the best game EVER!
I wanted to fall asleep desperately, but instead went outside to push little kids on swings. Then I ate more food. Then more food. Then more food. Then it was finally over... so I ate a little more!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

There've definitely been more exciting games. Turnover after turnover is just depressing.

Also, I can't stand Peyton Manning. But, hey, at least maybe now everyone will stop whining about how it is so tragic he's never had a title, and he's the most deservingest quarterback evar! ::cough...Dan Marino...cough::

Also, I wasn't very impressed by any of the commercials...so bleh. :(
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Couldn't agree with S.C. Burns more. Manning seemed gracious enough by giving the credit to his team, but he really should have singled out Addai and Rhodes for their roles. To accept that MVP without a specific word for what those backs did was horrible. Without his dumping the ball short to Addai 10 times for almost 70 yards and Rhodes gobbling up 100+ yards himself, his performance is very nearly Grossman-esque. Even his touchdown was a fluke.

For my money, either Rhodes or Addai is the MVP, but the Indy defense (or the rain) won the game. Peyton is a whiny crank, who consistently shakes his head and blames others for his own *-ups. How he was willing and able to complain about his thumb after two weeks of healing was just embarassing. I can't root for anyone who preloads their Super Bowl with complaints about a hangnail. That is sad because I really like the vast majority of the Indy players. Harrison is classy, and the backs were awesome. Sanders and Freeney are terrors and made Grossman pay for every mistake. Thus, I am very happy for all of those Colts with jersey numbers between 1-17 and 19-98.

But back on my anti-Manning rant - really, how tough was it going to be to outplay Grossman? That the weather was a factor more for the team that plays outdoors at Soldier Field than the team that plays indoors so Peyton can keep his pasty glow is beyond me. Worst of all, it won't get any better because we still have another Manning to glorify and wonder why he has never been able to win "the Big One."

Wow, after all that, you would think I lived in Chicago or something :)

-Daryl

PS Congrats all the same to the Colts fans. The better team won this sloppy game.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I think Dungy was deserving of the win. He seems like a good guy.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

S.C. Burns wrote: Also, I can't stand Peyton Manning. But, hey, at least maybe now everyone will stop whining about how it is so tragic he's never had a title, and he's the most deservingest quarterback evar! ::cough...Dan Marino...cough::
Payton Manning is GOD. The best quarterback since Joe Montana.
~ Mandy ~

Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I LOVE that COLTS!! I was sooo happy!! I've been a fan since about 5 years ago, when i decided that the Vikings sucked and were never going to not suck. So i found the Crappiest team in football, the Colts, and was like well they can't get any worse. LOL Now they won the Superbowl!! WOOT!

Also when Tony Dungy went to coach for them it was all the better! I'm a HUGE Dungy fan, he was a Gopher (i'm a fellow alumni) and he just is so cool. He rocks! Anyway, I was a bit excited yesterday. I thought that the game was exciting.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

JoleneD wrote: I LOVE that COLTS!! I was sooo happy!! I've been a fan since about 5 years ago, when i decided that the Vikings sucked and were never going to not suck. So i found the Crappiest team in football, the Colts, and was like well they can't get any worse. LOL Now they won the Superbowl!! WOOT!

Also when Tony Dungy went to coach for them it was all the better! I'm a HUGE Dungy fan, he was a Gopher (i'm a fellow alumni) and he just is so cool. He rocks! Anyway, I was a bit excited yesterday. I thought that the game was exciting.
Dungy was also a former assistant to Denny Green when Denny Green was starting out with the Vikings.

Also, Dungy gave the head coach of the Bears his first job when he was head coach of the Buccs.

And it all goes 'round and 'round and 'round...

I'm the biggest Viking's fan in the state of Virg...Maryla...grr...where do I live again?
~ Mandy ~