Opinion?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

This year, I was lucky enough to acquire a Personal Ensign daughter, Salute, for my broodmare band. She's a daughter of Unbridled, and her only foal, by Battle Cry, has yet to race, but he looks promising enough and is in the good hands of Laura Ferguson.

I'm keen on crossing her with a Fighting With Wit stallion, as I love Personal Ensign's daughter Pasquale by him. I came across Prefamageps, who had remarkable talent and looks to pass it on to his foals. However, this pending foal will quite inbred to both Battle Cry and Personal Ensign. Battle Cry, I don't worry so much about; Pasquale's only foal, a stakes-placed winner, is 1x3 to him! But Personal Ensign would be 4x2 in this foal.

Is this too much? I'm curious.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'm biased since I own him, but I wouldn't think that it would be a problem. Battle Cry is such a sound influnence that I tend to ignore him in soundness considerations altogether, even when it comes to inbreeding.

The only thing to be careful of is that crossing her to Prefamageps is going to give you something that very, very, very, very much wants 1 1/4 miles. I would expect abolutely nothing of the horse as a 2yo; anything that you get is gravy. A light should go off sometime early in the 3yo year though, and you'll suddenly have a horse that figured out how to run, likely with a powerful closing punch. Get him/her geared up for the Travers/Alabama Stakes late in the summer. :-)