Week 1

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

3: 0/2/0

Alajed was 9th, enough said
Golden Indian was 2nd in a competetive Stakes race behind a already stakes winner
My Accolade was 2nd in a NW2
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Very good week 1 to start of the year for me;

32 : 7 - 3 - 5

3 2yo wins was very surprising, gotta love them sprinters!

The chasers I ran came in 3rd and 11th, so one decent, one is uh... oh well. His running line cracked me up though.

"Started with the field mid pack gained ground jumped to the right throughout no rally when asked" - so I think he was trying to avoid the jumps LOL!

Good stuff! :)
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Sigh. I'm getting tired of having horses who don't perform when, by all respects, they should.

I'd really like to have at least one good, strong, reliable runner.

If that doesn't sum up my week, I don't know what else will.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Pretty pleased with the week - my runners went 55-10-12-17, and of that bunch, six or seven were being given their last chance and failed, so they're being put up for sale on the new player page. I have a feeling they'll be more successful on the Trial Park circuit than in open company, and they won't keep dragging down my stats.

The week was all about California, who won his 4yo bow easily, which is exactly what I wanted. Next stop, barring injury (finds wood to knock on), is the Big Cap.

Lokite Tragedy also won, and probably postponed retirement for another start. He's definitely retiring this year, and I'm letting him tell me when.

Playoffs was my final stakes winner of the week - ever since I figured out the turf angle, he's been doing better and better.

I breed mostly routers, not sprinters, but I was pleased with the handful of sprinters I debuted this week, ending up with their record at 8-2-2-1-0, with only one failing to pick up a check.

Finally, I put in claims on two horses, and got both. Each horse won, so I'm pretty excited about them.

Hope everyone else had a good week!
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

50 % of my 63 horses this week were on the board... but actually, it wasn't a stellar week for me. 7 winners. And almost all of my steeplechasers completely bombed :o, so no winners there...

Armani S, a two year old, broke her maiden by 2, she is zoom zoom! I am looking forward to seeing what she can do. Go Symboli babies!

Bouvet finally decided to break his maiden. But, now he doesn't have many places to run so he might switch to jumps soon.

Favorite Spot drew away by 3 to win her allowance... onto the REAL distance races now!

Lost Again finally broke his maiden...

Rave finally broke his maiden...

Tarazi impressed me by winning an NW3 in Australia, good boy! He and Midnight Express are my old boys who are consistantly good at the allowance level. So they rock, IMO.

And... PACIFIC SUNSET won by 4 1/2!!!! I am super excited about that filly.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Matthew McMahon
Classic Contender

Post by Matthew McMahon »

20 : 4 - 1 - 1

Not bad :) 2, two year old winners, by my stallions A Bus and Testa Rossa. And 2 chase winners, so maybe I might have something with Hahn and Williwaw, with Shy Away running a nice third in the jumps as well!
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Not a great week for me, 2 wins in 11 starts, both with 3yo maidens in turf sprints. Could have been worse though :lol:

Statham came in 4th in his stakes sprinting debut which isn't too bad, my only 2yo was tailed off last of 5 (by my stallion Haafhd too) and a couple of maiden places were ok.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

A Map to Heaven won her maiden by 1 1/2. She's going to be nice!
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Doing a Happy Dance at my Barn

This week

24-6-7-4

Of that 1 stakes win, 3 maiden wins, and 1 2yo win

Notable wins:

Circumstance winning the Hawaii Stakes in South Africa by 3 1/2 lengths

Stormy Dancer winning a 2yo maiden by 5 1/2 lengths

Sunflare(create a horse) winning a 4yo+ maiden by 3 lengths

and the one I am thrilled most about

Tears of Passion winning a 3yo maiden by 2 1/2 lengths(she finally won, after all my worrying about her she finally did it. Go Atlas-Moved To Tears girl.

Other notable finishes

A notable 2nd is my Soliloquy daughter Autumn Equinox who is out of Yesterday(IRE) a Sadler's Well daughter. Just happy one of my "Sol" babies got in the top three as a 2yo.

Cayman Isle by Domedriver and out of Antigua got a 2nd in her 2yo maiden.

Dance in Paradise won her allowance race in Japan.

Dream Keeper came in 2nd in a stakes race in South Africa.

Kitten's Dream (create a horse) came in 2nd in her maiden race, since this was her first start I am pleased.

Oracle pulled off a 2nd place finish in a stakes race despite only having one week's rest. Very pleased for her effort.

Touch came in second in his stakes race. It was a good effort for him.

Overall very pleased with this week.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

*sigh* I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I went 32-2-8-8 for an OTB % of 56.3%, which is good I suppose. However, I only managed two wins, which I usually would have been thrilled with, except I had a couple of horses I was really looking forward to running. Some more in depth stuff:

Wins by:
Glee (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! She's out of THREE MILE CREEK! YAY CREEKY!)
Magical Mirage (I wasn't going to run him until the distances got to about 6 furlongs, but I noticed that the race he won was really short, so I just went ahead and put him in because he was the closest to Brazil)

Seconds by:
Aeon (2yo by Artie Schiller and a granddaughter of Riboletta)
Allegory (2yo by Lost Soldier and a granddaughter of Honest Lady)
Gautama (in a G3 in Argentina, he'll go next in another G3 soon)
Imaginemysurprise (I'm wondering if he'll ever stop breaking badly)
Kheraz (YAY for Kazzia!)
Leader of the Pack (pleased I didn't * her up by the stakes race before)
Prominent (SOOOOOO happy a Medallist baby ran well; I'm thinking he may end up being a distance sire, which completely screws up the breedings I'd been doing)
Source (in a G3 in Barbados, very happy with him)

Thirds by:
Careless Whisper (filly I picked up for $45k who had already broken her maiden)
Eye of the Needle (2yo by Ghostzapper)
Genghis Khan (3yo by Desert Warrior I picked up over the break)
Give Her A Day Off (3yo who'd been severely overraced as a 2yo who I claimed last year in her last start, then I gave her a break)
Hummingbird (will she EVER win???)
Incandescent (in a G3 stakes in Puerto Rico, I'm sending her to the Sunshine Millions next and praying it isn't too soon to run back)
Phoenician (only got beat about a length or less)

And I was completely disappointed by Puppy Love and Riyadh. I don't know if I should put Puppy Love on the shelf until the distances get to about 7 furlongs to a mile, or keep her going now that she already ran. And Riyadh just ran horrific...it's back to an allowance race next.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I had 5 starts and out of that I got a second and third. I guess I'm pleased with it because I knew I was running horses this week that aren't my best. One of my mares finally came back to her old form and got the second, which was awesome. The horse that got 3rd has 3rditis. He has 4 3rds in a row,lol. The horse I thought had the best shot this week ended up stumbling at the start and was rank the entire time and got 4th. Then I have a three year old who I'm trying to figure out what the heck he's good at. He's started 5 times and got 4th 4 times. So we'll see,lol......

I'm very interested in next week. I have a three year old in a stakes race and if he does well in that, he'll be nominated for the triple crown.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

If it wasn't for Jolly Good, my week would have been an absolute disaster. She won relatively easily in her stakes debut, which I expected, but other than that I had just one money wibber in six starts. Go Jolly Good!!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

J Slotman wrote: If it wasn't for Jolly Good, my week would have been an absolute disaster. She won relatively easily in her stakes debut, which I expected, but other than that I had just one money wibber in six starts. Go Jolly Good!!
I had to laugh... I stared at your sentence for a good minute trying to figure out what happened. I thought it was some sort of slang term, before I realized it must be a typo. ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I had an amazing week, made all the more better by

VILLAIN'S BABIES KICKING BUTT!

Two stakes-winners already, and several winners. I think only one foal that started this week was off the board. I am so proud, you have no idea.
Taylor Clark
Sprinter

Post by Taylor Clark »

My First Week ever;

13; 2-2-0 a Win average of 15.4% and a OTB of 30.8%

My Winners:
Alydar's Shadow broke his maiden by three and a half lengths! He's going to an allowance in a few weeks.
Paw Of the Cat a buy from Alexandra Jaysman won by one and a half lengths. All I did was change him to turf and that was his first start on it.

My Seconds:
Bailey took a second in an allowance race, she was another purchase from Alexandra Jaysman, a horse someone else had given up on. I'm going to drop her down to a maiden and run her there.
Maceo was my other second and that was to stablemate Paw of the Cat. His running line was encouraging, it said he gained ground well. I think he'll turn out good.

I also took 5th (well the last place) in a a race with Fountianbleau. But I'm going to take off the whip since his lines saw lacked response, no rally, etc...