Week 1

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

19 : 5 - 3 - 2 Win-26.3% OTB-52.6%
Stakes Wins: 1 I Maiden Wins: 2 I 2 Year Old Wins: 0

I only started one 2yo so I'm ok with that. =D My now-3yo crop is stilling failing horribly - I KNOW I have some great fillies in my barn! I just need to figure out what in the world I am doing wrong! However, I got my first homebred win! I am soooo happy to see that Procrastinating broke her maiden. I suppose my naming was a little to be at fault, as she certainly waited 4 starts before even placing otb in her 5th, but I am not complaining any more! She has some stakes quality siblings and nieces and now that she broke her maiden (59 for 5f - not bad) I can't wait to start her half sister who is by none other than Lost in the Fog. Authority was the other maiden winner - he absolutely demolished a maiden claimer in a hand ride. Yay!

I had two allowance winners. Sea of Gold is still kicking butt with his turf sprinters - Keep it Quiet won a hard fought victory in his NW2. I got another allowance winner in To Those Who Try, a former claimer who I am glad I kept in training!

Finally, I CAN'T BELIEVE I won a graded stakes! Granted, it was only G3 and in Puerto Rico, but Riverside finally won her stakes victory!

Also, I claimed 5 (5!! I only didn't get 2 I wanted!), and am very pleased with my purchases. =D Great week, even if I didn't bag much money!
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I had 9 starters with 2 wins, both first timers (CAH's) three 4th place and two 5th place...
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

NikkiSherman wrote: I kept wanting to buy Sherman just because of his name, but I never did. Ah well! :P
I'd say I was sorry, but I'm really not. Lol. I'm always happy to have another winner in my barn.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

24 : 4 - 3 - 3 Win-16.7% OTB-41.7%
Stakes Wins: 0 I Maiden Wins: 3 I 2 Year Old Wins: 2

Secret Pleasure was 2nd in a stakes in Milan maybe... Halides was 3rd in the Vinnie Roe.

My Foal trade with Ara rocked, cause the colt that I got won first asking, Cosmonaut! yay! Also Night Shift had a winner, The Keeper won!

This Is Notable won her rac ein Hong Kong, finally breaking her maiden and Masassauga won a NW2 Allowance race in Japan. 10f might be just beyond her scope but she fought bravely to win.

Steeplechases are FUN, i got 2nd in one of them yay Buck's Valor. LOL
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

A very good week for me!
Trainer Stats for Year 18: 12 : 4 - 2 - 1 Win-33.3% OTB-58.3%

With wins by:

The ever-surprising ARIZONA picking up a Chilean stakes with a really long name.

Ice Storm Coming, in a claiming.

KING OF PEACE, my very exciting Steeplechase prospect absolutely whomped the field in a 4 mile 'chase, winning by 10.

SONGANDAPROMISE, a 2 year old sprinter.

Seconds by:

LOST IN SPACE, who I threw to the wolves in the Onwardsilvercham Stakes.

LAREINEDESOLEIL, a 2 year old sprinter

Third by:

ABORIGINE, another 2 year old.
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

All I can say about my week 1 is...ew.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Lauren Haggerty wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote: I kept wanting to buy Sherman just because of his name, but I never did.  Ah well!  :P
I'd say I was sorry, but I'm really not. Lol. I'm always happy to have another winner in my barn.
lol, it's my fault because I saw him up for sale at least three or four times over the past year and kept actually forcing myself NOT to press the "Buy" button!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

A great week for me! 2 stakes wins - Pinafore in a G3 I sponsored (it's really hard to find older filly turf route stakes, she's going to Dubai next), and Silver Yakuza won the "Classic Handicap Chase" by 7 lengths! I also had one stakes place, and an allowance win. I picked up one claim on a 2yo, and lost an older filly to a claim (but made money on her overall, so that's OK :) )
I'm just here for the fun of it
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I'm sure nobody will care about this except for me, but Jolly Good makes my first ever open stakes win. I've won a couple of Trial Park stakes, but nothing that is open to everybody. I hope that trend continues!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I had a few wins, but I thought it most impressive that two of my wins came from babies of the same dam. Inamorata, my Sadler's Wells-Honor Bright mare (oh, Honor Bright, those were the days! I miss having her to breed!) has two kids of racing age thus far, both of whom won: Blushing, a 3yo filly by Redoute's Choice, and Is Wanting Enough, a 2yo filly by Kotashaan. Blushing is now 3:2-0-1 and Is Wanting Enough is 1:1-0-0. :)