2yo Help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I only have three 2YO's at this juncture. Two are easy enough to figure, the other, I have no idea.

Tapenade (Tapit-Shaconage, by El Prado) is the one. Dirt or turf? Any advice would be gloriously appreciated.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Well, with his dam being so turf, it seems like that's the only way to go with this one. Tapit is relatively untried as a sire, and it isn't completely hard to envision him producing turf, as Seer, a son of Pulpit, has been doing pretty well on turf in the SIM. Although, I think Tapit will, in the long run, be a better dirt sire.

That said, I would try a turf maiden around 5-6 furlongs for starters. He may need more distance to really be his best, but it's a start.

Good luck!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I figure turf would be best, but seeing how so many others have tried dirt so early with their Tapit 2YO's (with less than mixed results), I thought I'd check with some more experienced players. ALl of that being said, Pulpit was who I really wanted to breed Shaconage to, but though Tapit was a decent second choice.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012