Scary!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I just actually jumped while I'm sitting here in class. I just became a millionaire! That's SO cool, and a bit scary. Thanks to those who bought so many of my horses, especially those I've notified privately to thank you for buying specific favorites of mine!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

What's scarier to me is that I'm apparently no longer a new player. No more new player sales page! No more Trial Park! No more Oldies but Goodies Gelding Challenges!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

It's strange to realize how long we've been members. I still think of myself as a newbie, even though I'm not, and it's so strange just to compare myself being a "millionaire" (although knowing me, I'll find something on the sales page I love and kill that 7th digit!) with the other, much more experienced millionaires in the game. I'm just excited, because my goal for the end of Year 17 was to have $400k safely and securely stored away. That obviously happened! ;) I'm also dying to get a farm, and I'm scared someone is going to take the perfect name I've had picked out FOREVER before I can get enough money to buy one!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

GOSH Nikki! You totally have this game figured out to have so much so soon. I need your skill! :-P
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

I was estatic to become a millionarie before the end of year 17, I have been below the 1 million line thanks to auctions, but I am back over it and since racing has begun I should stay over that line.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Congrats! Ah, I remember those good ol' days... ;) Actually it wasn't that long ago. :D
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

NikkiSherman wrote: It's strange to realize how long we've been members. I still think of myself as a newbie, even though I'm not, and it's so strange just to compare myself being a "millionaire" (although knowing me, I'll find something on the sales page I love and kill that 7th digit!) with the other, much more experienced millionaires in the game. I'm just excited, because my goal for the end of Year 17 was to have $400k safely and securely stored away. That obviously happened! ;) I'm also dying to get a farm, and I'm scared someone is going to take the perfect name I've had picked out FOREVER before I can get enough money to buy one!
Haha I completely remember being in your shoes. I remember Embrace brought home my first Breeders' Cup win for me, and I freaked out because I realized I had passed a milestone in the game. Scary!

Although compared to Ara and Jon, etc., I'm still very much a newbie. It's all perspective. :)
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Compared to Mallory, I'm a newbie even though I've been around longer. O, shame! :lol:
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Sarah Chase wrote: Compared to Mallory, I'm a newbie even though I've been around longer. O, shame! :lol:
HAHAHA that made me laugh. :P I was actually surprised at how recently I had joined. It seems like I've been playing forever! Imagine how the really old ones feel.

*thinks*

Imagine how Em feels! :blink: :lol:
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

AmyAlyssa wrote: GOSH Nikki! You totally have this game figured out to have so much so soon. I need your skill! :-P
Ha, I don't feel like I have skill compared to those who consistently win stakes races! I always look at the Results posts for each week, and everyone is going through their stakes horses...and there I am with a couple measely maiden or claiming wins. I have to say, I :wub: my Desert Victory, he makes me feel like I fit in! ;)
Inspiration Stud
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

MalloryGuesnon wrote:
Sarah Chase wrote: Compared to Mallory, I'm a newbie even though I've been around longer. O, shame! :lol:
HAHAHA that made me laugh. :P I was actually surprised at how recently I had joined. It seems like I've been playing forever! Imagine how the really old ones feel.

*thinks*

I remember very clearly the day it opened for the very first time in 1998.

Yes. I feel VERY old.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

The Steward wrote:
MalloryGuesnon wrote:

*thinks*

I remember very clearly the day it opened for the very first time in 1998.

Yes. I feel VERY old.
Dude, that's almost a decade. A DECADE!
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Dude, that's almost a decade. A DECADE!
Lmao... That's sure gonna help with the feeling old thing! :D
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

Ive yet to even have a stakes winner yet. Placed a few times but not won. I have broke maidens with older horses and I had my first homebred win durring week16 of last year as a 2year old. I was floating on cloud 9 right there!

I would really like to get some runners that win or place consistantly and I am really looking forward to that first stakes win. Barred and Lukkis Moon Shot have been my only concistant runners. Barred won a maiden and two allowances, Moon Shot won his maiden and placed in two other races.

Ive never won much money at all, Ive only got a chunk of money twice, one for being at the RL Breeders cup and then when I sold my CAH to get enough $ to make an auction purchace.
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I would really like to get some runners that win or place consistantly and I am really looking forward to that first stakes win. Barred and Lukkis Moon Shot have been my only concistant runners. Barred won a maiden and two allowances, Moon Shot won his maiden and placed in two other races.
Yamikishi is what kept my stable afloat last year and thats the God's truth, I would've been sunk without him. He's been the only stakes winner I've ever owned but he's not been my only money-maker. Star of the Show and Seeingthroughtears have been pretty good about winning allowances and at least placing in the money of stakes races. Tears and I have been trying for that elusive stakes win for a while (lesse, he's five now, so about 3 years at that point). When he won the Clasico Benito Villanueva last year, it was like the first time all over again. Its a fantastic feeling.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week