Scary!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Although compared to Ara and Jon, etc., I'm still very much a newbie. It's all perspective. :)
That's okay; compared to Ladonna and Mary (I *think* those are the only two but I might be wrong), Jon and I are very much newbies. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I said this on a different thread, but aside from new player stakes, I managed to get my first open stakes win just thie last week in Germany. That's 15 weeks of game play prior to stakes win one!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Congrats Nikki, I hope that soon ill find myself with as much money!!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

J Slotman wrote: I said this on a different thread, but aside from new player stakes, I managed to get my first open stakes win just thie last week in Germany. That's 15 weeks of game play prior to stakes win one!
It took me the same to get my first stakes win, and then I didn't have another one for a LONG time after that (until Voyeur and Anthem came on the scene).
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

So who are the people here who have been around the SIM the longest?
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

LaDonna has been here since Week 1 of Year 1 (I think) which was in 1998, Mary joined in March of 1999, and Jon and I in June of 1999. I think we're the four most senior (or however you want to phrase it) players. Everybody else joined in 2000 or later. Alex Jaysman doesn't count because she is not real. :) And Em doesn't count because, as she often points out, she doesn't actually get to play.

Because I'm trying to avoid studying for my tests tomorrow, here's the list of people from the old SIM (pre-year 16), in order of joining:

LaDonna King (November)

Mary Lukas (March)
Jon Xett (June)
Ara Davies (June)

Ali LaDuke (April)
Ryen Hanna (April)
Sean Feld (May)
Lisa Lange (May)
Brianna McKenzie (May)
Susie Raisher (May)
Julia Hogan (August)
Eric Nalbone (August)
Alyse Schuver (October)
Sarah Chase (November)
Gerry Hardie (December)
Amanda Saunders (December)

Teri Lawrence (January)
Steph Wilder (February)
Isabella Penzance (April)
Krystle Yanagihara (May)
Donnie Hidalgo (June)
Sara Kendall (June)
Mallory Guesnon (July)
Alysse Jacobs (July)
Bob Oliva (August)

Desiree Bendell (February)
Jamie Newton (February)
Lauren Haggerty (April)
Matthew McMahon (April)
Ronda Figal (May)
Emily Mitchell (May)
Jonathan Pac (May)
Laura Pony (May)
Daryl Singhi (May)
Kat Turnbull (May)
Becca Banner (June)
Tammy Fox (June)
Karie McBrian (June)
Laura Ferguson (July)
Steve Martinelli (July)
Martin Pennington (November)

I *think* that is the entire list of pre-Year 16 players but if you notice anyone missing let me know. The order is correct up to the month but not necessarily in order WITHIN the month.

I think it's sad that only one person who joined in the last year SIM 2.0 was open actually came back to play the new one. Yay for Martin, the old SIM's most junior member!

There are only four players left from the original SIM 1.0 (Years 1 through 4). There's a good number left from right after SIM 2.0 opened (in April of 2000).

LaDonna King is the senior member of the entire SIM, I'm the junior member of SIM 1.0, Ali is the senior member of SIM 2.0, and Martin is the junior member of SIM 2.0. I have no idea who the senior member of SIM 3.0 is so y'all can work that out amongst yourselves.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

J Slotman wrote: I said this on a different thread, but aside from new player stakes, I managed to get my first open stakes win just thie last week in Germany. That's 15 weeks of game play prior to stakes win one!
If a stakes I sponsored counts as "open" - then Pinafore was my first stakes winner week 13 of last year (10 weeks in), if not, then my steeplechaser Silver Yakuza who won week 1 is it...
I'm just here for the fun of it
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I started April of 2000. I used to be a multi-millionaire in the old SIM and I haven't quite built my stable up to where it used to be, so it's weird to me when I want to buy something and then I think, "Wait! I only have $35,000!"
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

BAH when I saw that you'd posted I immediately thought "OH CRAP I left out Ryen!" I just went quickly through the list of owners and clicked on people who had a good amount of money instead of checking every single person. I just added you into the list. :)

Ali's still the senior member of SIM 2.0, by a whole SEVEN days over Ryen.
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Jeez, some of you guys must have been all of 15 years old when you joined!

You're all so young...
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

15 is quite a bit younger than many of the senior players were when they joined, and somewhat older than a few people were. :)
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Oh yes. I was 14 and a teeny little freshman in high school. And then the SIM came back when I was a freshman in college; it was sort of poetic.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

S.C. Burns wrote: Jeez, some of you guys must have been all of 15 years old when you joined!

You're all so young...
I was 10 when I joined. I was too stupid to manage more than 10 horses at a time, hence my very slow growth. :D
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Whoa...just...whoa. You guys amaze me.

I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20, and it suuucks. I wanna be 21 again!
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

-shakes fist at Ali- I can't believe she beat me by 7 days!

I was 14 when I joined...seems like a lifetime ago, eh? Actually, I remember that was after the KTTC SA Derby trip! That's how I met, like, Em and Susie and Ali and Robin Tan, an old SIM member...crazy how long ago that was!