I Want Your Opinion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

On who you believe is the greatest SIM dirt router of all time. Due to the response to my first attempt at this, I am going to try to narrow it down, but that means you all need to help me out!

Who is the best dirt router ever in the SIM, based on their racing career, including stakes and handicaps?

Regardless of age, years raced, and opponents faced, who was the best runner on dirt over the distances of 1 1/8 - 1 1/2 miles??

Let me know your opinion here, or you can message it to me. You don't need to give any reasons, but you can if you'd like.

If there is something that could use some clarification, please ask, as I would really like to write this with some info as to the trainers' opinions. Thanks!!
Jamie Newton
Miler

Post by Jamie Newton »

i really liked atlas....symbol......conduit....take your pic.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Conduit was my favorite that I got to see race - I mean the best in my mind since I joined the SIM. However, I adore Priceless Forever... he was awesome! The other TC winners have to rock, too. But yeah, Conduit and Priceless Forever are my picks.

:)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Even if I'm an advocate for Event of the Year, I have to give props to Priceless Forever. They are the Man o War and Secretariat of the SIM (in the old days, every famous horse was modeled after a real life star counterpart... such as Conduit was like Citation and Symbol was like Dr. *).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Priceless Forever, definitely.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I...like...Priceless Forever.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: Even if I'm an advocate for Event of the Year, I have to give props to Priceless Forever. They are the Man o War and Secretariat of the SIM (in the old days, every famous horse was modeled after a real life star counterpart... such as Conduit was like Citation and Symbol was like Dr. *).
Huh, I didn't know that. Was there a Ruffian? Or would that have been The Look?
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

The Look, I think, was Landaluce. Forever Risk was Ruffian.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Loki Flame
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Alysse Jacobs wrote: The Look, I think, was Landaluce. Forever Risk was Ruffian.
Hmm, yes that makes sense (both of them :)) Thanks.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Jet-Ski and Accolade were Affirmed and Alydar. Except they have the same sire, which is awesome!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle