Week 2

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Just Cause won his NW3 a race i didnt think he would win
Wanderful was 3rd by just under a length betweeen her and the winner, im quite happy with that effort
My most exciting moment was when my auction buy Wash Away romped his Maiden by 3 1/2 lengths despite breaking slowly at the start, he loooks an exciting one

Im Currently

Trainer Stats for Year 18: 7 : 2 - 2 - 1 Win-28.6% OTB-71.4%
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

This week for me:
41: 10-10-7 (24.4% win, 65.9% OTB)

Brings the yearly numbers to:
81: 18-17-12 (22.2% win, 58.0% OTB)

Highlights this week included wins by Epic in the Lone Star Derby, Benny And The Jets and Pachabel in Chile and Puerto Rico, a win by Everything Right in her 4yo debut, and then a trio of wins in stakes by 3yo fillies: Party made her seasonal debut a winning one in the Bonnie Miss, Enjoy came home a winner in the 1000 Guineas, and Robe picked up her first stakes win in the Silverbulletday Stakes.

2yo winners in Mexico, Blarney Stone, and Switzerland rounded out the wins for me this week.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

The dissapointing:

Choice Justified - It's not that she ran bad, a 4th, but she's not living up to expectations. After breaking her maiden right away, I thought she'd do a lot better.

Light Up Again - eh, not as good as start as I'd like. We'll try again next time, not in stakes company this time.

The Good

Clear Blue Sky - a nice second.

Liquid Glass - also a nice second. Maybe she'll turn into a good allowance horse.

Resentment - 5th but I expect she'll want more distance.

The Excelent

Hold - Woot! Not only did she win her first G1 (and mine!) but she also beat the boys. I heart Hold.

No Giggling - Love love love her.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

6 ran... horrible week... several promising horses went from consistent OTB to nearly last with no equip or dist changes.

Tipsy broke his maiden... with the sort of running line that usually goes with last place: Broke slowly second flight bid between horses flattened out. I love my little drunken colt who has to run with practically every piece of equipment available.

Loveonthewater came in 4th in his TX Derby run as expected and now I wish I hadn't coughed up the 5k for a TC nom.

I am in deep horse ____ with my SOS... Always Secret... his third 6th place in a row after his impressive win on his first start. I am going to finally listen to Peihe and move him to turf.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Awesome week here! 4 wins and a couple placings. Dreaming of Stars tuned up in an allowance race and will hopefully go on to contest the 1000 Guineas. We'll see about the field. Inspired Risk made it to the finish line first in the El Conejo despite checking hard, Race the Moon won a NW2, and It's Okay to Hurt broke her maiden! Off to England for her.

Ruling the World grabbed second in the Awesome Storm S, trying hard, and Glissade somehow managed third in her stakes race despite being rather sludgy. Haha, silly filly!

Plus, Land Before Time, who I sold to Randall earlier broke his maiden and Moon It, whose training Bri recently took over, broke her maiden, too!

I have no stakes runners this week but week 4 brings out my stable stars (well, they're stars to me anyways!) as Always Will, Con, and Spoof make their Year 18 debuts.

So far for Year 18: 31 : 7 - 7 - 2 Win-22.6% OTB-51.6%
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Week 2: 77-9-20-19

Trainer Stats for Year 18: 116 : 13 - 28 - 32 Win-11.2% OTB-62.9%
Stakes Wins: 0 I Maiden Wins: 9 I 2 Year Old Wins: 4

No Stakes Wins. My best horse, First Warning ran up the track.

Lost one too. Prime Tip, well bred daughter of Ocean Silk. Ran her back to back after saying I wouldn't do it ever again. Tested it and found out the hard way again. DONT RUN HORSES IN CONSECUTIVE WEEKS! She ran 2nd for me 1st time I had her. I got impatient and chose 1 1/4 race in week 2 over a mile race in week 3, when I should have waited until week 4 for distance maiden for fillies in Australia.

Special apology to Isabella Penzance for warning me and trying to help me out with running horses too much. Now I will never do it again.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Trainer Stats for Year 18: 42 : 8 - 8 - 4 Win-19.0% OTB-47.6%
Stakes Wins: 1 I Maiden Wins: 6 I 2 Year Old Wins: 2

Pretty decent week!

My LITF filly, Partly Cloudy, cruised at FG in her debut. :D Brave New World earned his 2nd win in five starts and had me wishing I hadn't sold his dam, LOL. Couple more 3YO wins, Love Bite and Lastthingonmymind; and then Real Estate FINALLY got his nose on the line first after making the long mission to Hong Kong.

Pretty decent week indeed. :)

Just entered Let There Be Light for his stake in Chile...tough field already. I'm scared.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I had kind of a disappointing week. I only had 2 run. I got a third with one horse but I was really disappointed with one of my three year olds. I put him in a stakes and he got second to last. I thought he would do better.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Confirm's now a G2 winner! :) That's all I have to say!!! :)
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Over the Wall won at first asking!!! She's my first homebred - and by my stud Pico Central at that, and I am just tickled pink. I had 2 good allowance wins with King's Princess and Indiana Hollow; my 'chaser Title of the Song was 2nd in the Sandhill's Cup - so overall a very nice week :D
I'm just here for the fun of it
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

My CAH Dolphin got 3rd.
Seagrass Farm
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

THRILLED = ME

Fantastic week! The best part of which was FIRESTORM! He brought in my first stakes win of the year. Now I've got to figure out the best way to get to the Derby. I'm almost postitive he will ship up and run in the Bluegrass Stakes week 4. He could, however, stay in Puerto Rico and race there week 4. I'm just not sure yet- but look out for him! I've got a Derby horse! *super excited* He's my first one, ever- and I'm on my 8th SIM year!

GREY MATTER simply floored me. I thought Saga babies were rather precocious, but not this one! She really just needed the distance- and she won by SIX! *does a happy dance* And it's not like that field was weak- I know because I own another horse in there that I thought would win, and she came in 3rd.

BLUE HOUR broke her maiden in style in Australia. She loves distance. I love my routers!

DANCE TO THE BEAT ran in a dirt race this week, though she is bred for the turf. She won it easily, however, so all is good. Go Dance in the Dark babies!

DANCING KRIS (Symboli Kris S x Dance in the Mood) won his allowance race by FIVE lengths! He rocks.

LAKESHORE won her allowance at Premium Park. I love Premium Park.

NEVERFORGETSATHING showed a lot of promise by winning a maiden steeplechase by 2, even though it sounds like he had a rough time.

SMILELIKEYOUMEANIT finally broke her maiden now that I've found the right equipment for her.

SYMBOLI STAR proved SYMBOLI KRIS S is a jack of all trades sire. Not only can he produce fantastic sprinters like REASSURE, he can also produce distance horses (she won over 1 1/8 miles). Oh, and he can do milers. :)

TWICE THE MAGIC won her debut in Australia. She is a PERFORMING MAGIC bred on the fast becoming famous Performing Magic/Lokite Magic cross. She will love it when races get to a mile long, seeing how she is a miler through and through.

Alysse picked up a very nice horse in claiming VAN GOGH who won his high level claiming race for me. See, this is what I get for trying to get a good horse eligible for the Claiming Crown.

And that's all I'll post because I know it's a ton to read- but those were just all my winners! I'm not even going to mention my 2nd place stakes finishes or anything! YAY SIM! :D Results totally made my day!!!!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

Definitely not as good a week as the last. One win (yeah! Pirated finally won!) and one of my new two year olds managed a third. And then, yea, a couple of inexplicable OTB finishes and a couple of babies that didn't run as well as I'd hoped. A kinda ehh-y week.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Got two wins from my CAH's, but that was about it. Somehow, and I still am not sure how, Ali Baba finished second in a race I honestly thought he should have won. Aside from that, I'm glad to see Mr. Awesome take a New Player stakes, my really cheap purchase Voom take second in open company sprinting, and Gone Pleasant apparently REALLY likes the turf. Sorry for putting you on dirt first out!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Holy crap...I have a steeplechasing monster on my hands (Legendofthepeople). Won by 10 lengths...geez...