Week 2

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Patten Fuqua wrote: Holy crap...I have a steeplechasing monster on my hands (Legendofthepeople). Won by 10 lengths...geez...
That's normal in real life. I don't know about the SIM, but it's definitely the case most of the time in real life. Most of the time, horses don't finish the race, so there's only a few horses left by the time they cross the wire, so horses tend to win by a lot.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I had four wins, the most exciting being by Glitter, who is out of one of my favorite real life mares. Impressionist also won, and since I absolutely adore her dam (Santaria), that made me very very happy.

I also had wins by Cautiontothewind and Tornio. I think it's strange that horses are finishing third and only earning $850. That just baffles me (I understand it, but it's still strange to look at from last year's results).

I'm nervous for next week. REALLY NERVOUS!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Ugh. My horses either did really well this week, or they totally bombed.

Bo Faithful continues to impress me, winning an NW3 over some nice competition. Still can't believe she only cost me $1000...I think I'm finally ready to move her up to stakes company.

Silver Cat *finally* broke his maiden (by a head!) in a claimer. We'll stick to the claiming ranks with him for now.

Norwester continues to confuse me, winning over a short field in Chile at his shortest distance to date.

Other than that, everyone else pretty much sucked. The only other bright spot was on of my homebreds, Pleading The Fifth (an Unbridled Time baby!) taking 3rd in her maiden race.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

EmThompson wrote: Ugh. My horses either did really well this week, or they totally bombed.

Bo Faithful continues to impress me, winning an NW3 over some nice competition. Still can't believe she only cost me $1000...I think I'm finally ready to move her up to stakes company.

Silver Cat *finally* broke his maiden (by a head!) in a claimer. We'll stick to the claiming ranks with him for now.

Norwester continues to confuse me, winning over a short field in Chile at his shortest distance to date.

Other than that, everyone else pretty much sucked. The only other bright spot was on of my homebreds, Pleading The Fifth (an Unbridled Time baby!) taking 3rd in her maiden race.
I've noticed there are plenty of Fightinwithfaith runners out there who are incredibly cheap. I have my own, Be My Faith, who's run in nothing but stakes so far but has cashed a check every time. That's poor horse management if you ask me!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

An ok week for me.

Historic ran second and it was really kinda of disappointing. I was really hoping he would win and I thought he was better that what he is showing. "Broke outwards rushed up gained ground tried hard lane" Why does it ALWAYS seem to say the EXACT same thing?!?!

Ok now for my good part of the week!

CAH Addai broke his maiden by 2 in a maiden special going 1 1/8 at Aqueduct!

Awesome Tears won his Steeplechase race by 10!!! WOO HOO! I'd like to run him in the Grand National off that one!

Drachenfels ran 3rd on the dirt. He really seems to like it there with a record of 2:0-0-2 on it and a record of 3:0-0-0 on the turf! Who woudl have thought?

Forever Dark ran 3rd in a pretty tough allowance. I would like to move her in to stakes company but will give her another shot at allowance!

Great Strength won a NW2 by 5, its into stakes company he goes next out!

Rinji ran a good 3rd in his debut. Im very proud of his effort!

Same for Twisted Britches! A good third for her as well!

Everything else was was JUST awful!!!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I had 33 starters, with 5 winners, 6 who placed, and 7 who showed. Not bad, not bad.

Notorious rocked! He took down the G3 Lane's End by 2 lengths over some nice colts. The only horse who has defeated him, Born to be Wild, finished 4th. Despite my wariness of the Triple Crown trail and its exhaustions, I think we're going for the Derby. He'll next appear in the G1 Blue Grass S. before (potentially) running for the roses.

Making his four-year-old debut, Thejoyinforgetting won the Santana Mile by 3 lengths at Santa Anita. I struggled with him last year as far as distance, wondering if he could stretch, but I'm fairly certain he's like his half-brother Anthem and will excel at the mile distance. Maybe I got a BC Dirt Mile contender on my hands, who knows. Good boy!

Guitar's little half sister, Ensemble, lost her debut by a 1/4 of a length to a half sister to Palpitations and Deathdefying, so I'm not all that heartbroken. That was one of most well-bred races I've seen this year. Streamer finished second in his seasonal debut, in a G3 race in Germany.

I also had this little juvenile filly win her debut. It amuses me because her name is Quite A Pair, she was kind of a joke filly, but she ended up destroying the field by 7 lengths. She actually has nice breeding on her dam's side, and is sired by the mysterious Langfuhr. His first winner on turf! He can do it, folks.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Janey Adams wrote: An ok week for me.

Historic ran second and it was really kinda of disappointing. I was really hoping he would win and I thought he was better that what he is showing. "Broke outwards rushed up gained ground tried hard lane" Why does it ALWAYS seem to say the EXACT same thing?!?!
He's a closer! You made the right choice by putting blinkers on him in that last start, and he just missed by a little. Don't give up yet! ;) Maybe more distance?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Can't complain at all, as I walked away with 10 wins, 5 of them stakes, this week.

Cherish the Moment beat the boys, and I'm seriously considering a run at the Derby, rather than the Oaks, with her. She'll run again Week 4, and while she's currently entered in the Santa Anita Derby, that's not set in stone. All I know is that it's been an interesting juggling act with my Derby hopefuls this year.

Thief of Hearts won over at Nad Al Sheba, and will go in the UAE Derby next. Broken Vow's offspring seem to like the Dubai sand, as Beatofmyheart did well there last year.

Hearts on the Mend took down the G1 Santa Maria Handicap over her favorite distance of 1 1/16 miles, and Lost My Heart captured the G1 Santa Monica, so a memorable day at Santa Anita.

Straight Shooter got back on the winning track up in Canada.

Not a stakes win, but worth mentioning - my CAH Giant Killer, who is bred along the same lines as Tejano Causeway, won her debut by 5 1/2, so I was excited by that!

I also had 23 seconds - my horses need longer noses, or something. Derby Report was second to an impressive Notorious in the Lane's End, Baffert was second to Firestorm, Wolverine was second in a South African stakes, Into Battle was game in the Donn, etc. Good stuff.

And finally, the babies I gave away finished one-two in their debut at Trial Park, so that was nice to see! In a continuing effort to keep my numbers at a fun, and not insane, level, I gave away a few more horses, and sold a few others.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Laura, you didn't mention Flag finally breaking his spell of seconds. I was excited!
Kat Turnbull I
Miler

Post by Kat Turnbull I »

I had a couple of stakes placings - still no wins...Looks like I'm starting off with another *bad* SIM year...If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way..I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of liquidating my stock and starting over..lol
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

12 runners this week and i won over $100,000.

3 winners including Zouche in the Elevation Stakes in South Africa , i am so happy he won as it is my first Graded Stakes winner, and he beat Wolverine to boot. And the other two won maidens at the first time of asking.

I also had two 2nds, including a horse i purchased off the sales page a couple of days ago for $100. A third place finish in the "Oldies But Goodies Gelding Challenge" from a horse given to me by Gerry Hardie (thanks Gerry). And 3 others bought home a cheque.

So all in all my best Sim Week ever.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

I had an awesome week 2!

Out of 15 starters: 6 firsts, 5 seconds

Which brings my year to: Trainer Stats for Year 18: 27 : 10 - 7 - 1 Win-37.0% OTB-66.7%

My 2 year olds kicked butt, with Charlotte Mint, Dalliance, Picadilly Square, and Transfuhr all picking up wins. Good luck to Amy Schmidt in claiming Transfuhr!

Ave et Valete won a claiming easily, but was claimed, so good luck to Jolene Danner!

Advance Guard is continuing to rack up the wins, with a 5 length victory in the Clasico Chacabuco.
That's 4 straigt, and 5 of his last 6.

2 year old Agincourt ran second against a sprinter, but he'll like some more distance.

Hotel Lights was a close second in the Premio Criadores.

Still Waters, my one Derby horse, ran a dull 4th in the El Camino Real, so I think the Derby is nixed for him.

Overall, probably my best week for wins.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Wanted to add that I made a boo boo. I accidentally ran Rumor Mill on the dirt. Oy!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Kat Turnbull wrote: I had a couple of stakes placings - still no wins...Looks like I'm starting off with another *bad* SIM year...If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way..I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of liquidating my stock and starting over..lol
Run First Amendment! :D

Those silly, silly Catinca babies... Contended is driving me nuts with his adoration of third place. And Inca Mines...urgh!
Inspiration Stud
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I tried to claim that Transfuhr, though I guess everybody else thought he was a steal in a $25k MCL race. Anywho, back to figuring out where to run Jolly Good next. No, I'm not obsessed.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012