Week 2

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

J Slotman wrote: I tried to claim that Transfuhr, though I guess everybody else thought he was a steal in a $25k MCL race. Anywho, back to figuring out where to run Jolly Good next. No, I'm not obsessed.
I put in a claim for her as well.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: in like his seventh start for me, Top Gear finally made it OTB. That would make his lifetime record 16:0-0-1.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Josh Dutzy
Classic Contender

Post by Josh Dutzy »

NikkiSherman wrote:
J Slotman wrote: I tried to claim that Transfuhr, though I guess everybody else thought he was a steal in a $25k MCL race.  Anywho, back to figuring out where to run Jolly Good next.  No, I'm not obsessed.
i think everyone did!
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

J Slotman wrote: I've noticed there are plenty of Fightinwithfaith runners out there who are incredibly cheap. I have my own, Be My Faith, who's run in nothing but stakes so far but has cashed a check every time. That's poor horse management if you ask me!
I picked up 3 Fightingwithfaith babies from the sales board for about $1000 apiece. Ended up selling one, but they have all made back their purchase price at least 20 times over...I think all his foals have the potential to be absolute stars.

(And I'm not ashamed to advertise that I'm always in the market for another filly or two by him!)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Josh Dutzy wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote:
J Slotman wrote: I tried to claim that Transfuhr, though I guess everybody else thought he was a steal in a $25k MCL race.  Anywho, back to figuring out where to run Jolly Good next.  No, I'm not obsessed.
i think everyone did!
lol, probably her and Up and Go.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

EmThompson wrote:
J Slotman wrote: I've noticed there are plenty of Fightinwithfaith runners out there who are incredibly cheap.  I have my own, Be My Faith, who's run in nothing but stakes so far but has cashed a check every time.  That's poor horse management if you ask me!
I picked up 3 Fightingwithfaith babies from the sales board for about $1000 apiece. Ended up selling one, but they have all made back their purchase price at least 20 times over...I think all his foals have the potential to be absolute stars.

(And I'm not ashamed to advertise that I'm always in the market for another filly or two by him!)
I've noticed those in races, but I missed them on the sales page. I'd have loved to grab one of those, especially if they were fillies, but alas, I missed them.

Another along those lines are the horses by Ankh. I bought two or three that day, and ran them all once, but only actually kept one of them, who ended up winning in her second start and is now in my broodmare band.
Inspiration Stud
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I'm not telling what 2YO filly I'm trying to claim in week three...
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

J Slotman wrote: I'm not telling what 2YO filly I'm trying to claim in week three...
Heh... I usually end up trying to claim about 3-4 horses each week (not intentionally, though), and most of the time get only one, and most of the time none.
Inspiration Stud
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Faith Rewarded came a nice second...a mile is probably a little short for her, she was trying to close at the end and I think ran out of track.

Foryouigavemybest came third despite a bad break...we need to work on getting him out of the gate better.

Goldfinger tried really hard, but only managed third. I always think he's better than he runs, so not quite sure what to do with him.

Midnight Chaos finally broke his maiden over 6 1/2 furlongs, he had a textbook run, so I think I may have found the right equipment combo for him.

Pardoned came third in a sprint race, but seemed a bit out of gas at the end. I need to look him over again.

Two year old Versaille ran beautifully, and ran out of track to come second. Given her lines I'd think she wants more distance.

So, one win, two seconds, three thirds...and an entire bunch of also-rans. Oh well.

Oh, and congratulations to Brit Rea, who's Le Dauphin Noir son Rudolph Valentino won a sprint (?) maiden in Nad Al Sheba.
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

I'm quite happy. Pepper still manages to run his consistent races and pick up checks for me in low level claimers. He's a nice old guy. Reason why I didn't make him into a steeplechasing horse. I'm quite happy Mazohyst won his race. He's now 4:3-1-0 lifetime and I think it's great. I've increased the distance slowly up to see how far he can actually run. I did ship him halfway across the world so I'll give him a bit of an extra time off before entering him in another race.

My big highlight was that Mistakes won her maiden out on first asking. She's a full to Lost so I have some expectations of her. Her time was on the slower side so I'll just put off the stakes for now and place her in a nice allowance.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

AlyseSchuver wrote: Ave et Valete won a claiming easily, but was claimed, so good luck to Jolene Danner!
Thanks! I really couldn't pass her up she's got an intersting pedigree and she's a winner. We'll see if I can get an allowance win out of her. Then off to see Songster or maybe Onetogivemhope.

My week was pretty good. 35-5-7-2-6-1 So 60% OTB.

Aztrix won her allownace in Brazil, she makes me happy. LOL

Courageinthedark finally broke his maiden with a switch to the turf.

Fire's Dream won an allowance at Turf Paradise.

Rock N Fire broke his maiden over fences! (the RL RNF looked like he wanted to jump something when he won the Mn Classic Championships. LOL)

Time to Wake broke his maiden too.

Stolen Moment ran really well for 3rd in the race in Milan and Into the Light got 3rd in it's counterpart Milan stakes.

My 2 newest Auction horses both got 2nd (Boticelli and Fortimes We Shared)

I was happy with my week overall.

I am nervous for next week when Aca tries the dirt...
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I had 7 winners this week. A marked improvement from 1 last week. My beautiful CAH Shamali broke her maiden first out. I love her!
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Alysse Jacobs wrote: I had 7 winners this week. A marked improvement from 1 last week. My beautiful CAH Shamali broke her maiden first out. I love her!
You know Lovechild I was petriffied (sp?) of that horse going into the NW3 this week, i was thinking oh crap that things abit of a monster and im still sure it will reverse the form one of thses days
Taylor Clark
Sprinter

Post by Taylor Clark »

I had 11 starts this week and two thirds;

Power Walk took third in her maiden race I'm going to try another maiden in a few weeks with her
San my two year old took third and last in her maiden race a JPN restricted race.

Other good races:
Unforgettable Star got a 4th in her first start for me it was in a maiden race
Dancing Secret a horse that has as of yet to win a maiden placed forth in a stakes race behind some nice horses
Perfect Heaven got 5th in a maiden race which is good for her I think
Who's To Say got 5th in a maiden race

most of those horses I raced were horses I picked up from A. Jaysman, and several were those others had appearantly given up on. I'm pleased with these runs from them.

Next week I look forward to;

Alydar's Shadow in an allowance race
Paw of the Cat in an allowance race
and several others in maidens

I'm pleased so far in my first two weeks
My OTB is: %25, my Win is: 8.3%
My Record: 24 2-2-2
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Oh, forgot to mention, for the second straight week, a horse I sold for nothing won by 10 in a steeplechase event. Well done, Bal Harbour.