Next Step

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

I was wondering how long i should wait and how far i should run my colt Wash Away in his next start, i heard that people leave 4 weeks between races for 2 yr olds, is that right??

-EDIT-

Also Just Cause do you think i should find him an Allowance or go straight to a small stakes race, maybe even a slight up in trip to around 1 1/4 miles??
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Kelse Mccann wrote: I was wondering how long i should wait and how far i should run my colt Wash Away in his next start, i heard that people leave 4 weeks between races for 2 yr olds, is that right??

-EDIT-

Also Just Cause do you think i should find him an Allowance or go straight to a small stakes race, maybe even a slight up in trip to around 1 1/4 miles??
I do. I would run him Week 6.

EDIT: Didn't see that edit of yours first time out. It's up to you, but if you do run him in a stakes, I'd try to find a small one like you said, possibly in Brazil if it's at all possible. Take a look at all the stakes schedules and ship him out asap. But I'd wait until Week 5 if it's outside Brazil. I've always said I like to run my horses every 3 weeks if they're older if at all possible, unless there's only one race that I can find which is a week earlier or later.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

NikkiSherman wrote:
Kelse Mccann wrote: I was wondering how long i should wait and how far i should run my colt Wash Away in his next start, i heard that people leave 4 weeks between races for 2 yr olds, is that right??

-EDIT-

I do. I would run him Week 6.
In a stakes race? or what sort of distance, i was thinking 6f for his next outing
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Wash Away? I don't know, I usually don't like to put my horses directly into stakes races if I can help it at any time, but he beat some decent-looking horses. You don't know how good they are though, since they've all only run once. Plus you don't know how he'll stretch out, as there likely won't be many, if any, races as short as the one he just won. He SHOULD stretch out, but you never know. I pretty much know what I'd do, but I'll leave it to others to answer you more thoroughly, since a lot of the time I'll post what I would do, and then others disagree with me. So if you really want to know exactly the specifics, just PM me before you enter. But I'd definitely wait until Week 6.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

NikkiSherman wrote: Wash Away?  I don't know, I usually don't like to put my horses directly into stakes races if I can help it at any time, but he beat some decent-looking horses.  You don't know how good they are though, since they've all only run once.  Plus you don't know how he'll stretch out, as there likely won't be many, if any, races as short as the one he just won.  He SHOULD stretch out, but you never know.  I pretty much know what I'd do, but I'll leave it to others to answer you more thoroughly, since a lot of the time I'll post what I would do, and then others disagree with me.  So if you really want to know exactly the specifics, just PM me before you enter.  But I'd definitely wait until Week 6.
Thanks Nikki your a legend :)

What about JC, any ideas, lol :P
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Go back to my first post, I edited my original post to include him.
Inspiration Stud