Worlds Within

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Check out this horse (Worlds Within-I'm not trying to call out the owner (Against That), I relate to them and this is just an example. I wish I had known that crisis and breakdowns were increased this year. Also wish I knew which horses are closer to sound and which ones are closer to being fragile. Its better to be on the safe side.

The horse I ran back-to-back (Prime Tip-one I really liked) had been taken care of as a 2yo by her first owner and I thought I could get away with running her 2 weeks in a row. I was wrong! Should have learned my lesson by now.

Down in Australia (in real life), I see horses run twice a week regularly. I've seen horses run in stakes races on a Saturday and come back and run in another stakes on Wednesday 4 days later. Doesn't matter, this is the SIM

I'm not trying to make excuses for my actions, my consequences are much deserved. Last year I ran horses back-to-back regularly. The first one I broke down had run 4 weeks in a row. The ONLY one I ran back-to-back this year dies first time I try it. I sold a horse last week named Awakened, the owner runs them back-to-back and the horse is fine. Wonder if my stable has a target on its back? If Stephen Skaggs runs horses twice in a row, they die. Well I'm not going to find out anymore, I'll just continue to conform to the RIGHT way of playing.

800 starters-3 breakdowns

Any new players out there, use my mistakes to your advantage.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

People were going freaking nutty about this sort of thing, but new players make mistakes, i did that and my horse (-edit- it was acutally a cough), it would have healed but in my panic i gave her away, that was my first horse, then i didnt have a clue what i was doing
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Worlds Within has been flat out abused. Someone needs to take that horse away from her owner.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Josh Dutzy
Classic Contender

Post by Josh Dutzy »

493 starters.........0 breakdowns
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

OK I am not trying to get this owner in trouble but a while back I saw a horse on the sale page named Impact my life. I liked his breeding so I checked him out only to be appalled that he had (as a 2 year old) run week 2, 3, 5, 7, and 9. I immediately purchased him just to save him! His record for me is 1:0-0-1. He is a really nice colt and im so glad that I got him!

His page:
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23660' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=23660</a>
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Janey Adams wrote: OK I am not trying to get this owner in trouble but a while back I saw a horse on the sale page named Impact my life. I liked his breeding so I checked him out only to be appalled that he had (as a 2 year old) run week 2, 3, 5, 7, and 9. I immediately purchased him just to save him! His record for me is 1:0-0-1. He is a really nice colt and im so glad that I got him!

His page:
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23660' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=23660</a>
Hey yeah I bred that guy! Sold him as a yearling. I'm glad you've got him! He will absolutely adore the added distance in the race you've got him in. Good luck with him!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm sure someone has, but has anyone definitely PM'ed this Annie Francis about it? She allows private messages in the SIM itself. I've noticed her too, but never said anything specifically to her.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

NikkiSherman wrote: I'm sure someone has, but has anyone definitely PM'ed this Annie Francis about it? She allows private messages in the SIM itself. I've noticed her too, but never said anything specifically to her.
Well, I've offered good money for the filly in question. I didn't mention the racing her too much, and I haven't gotten a reply yet either. But I would like to get her.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

The sad thing is - Worlds Within could be a super good horse if she would just let the poor thing rest!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

Emily Mitchell wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote: I'm sure someone has, but has anyone definitely PM'ed this Annie Francis about it?  She allows private messages in the SIM itself.  I've noticed her too, but never said anything specifically to her.
Well, I've offered good money for the filly in question. I didn't mention the racing her too much, and I haven't gotten a reply yet either. But I would like to get her.
Yea, I PM'd her too offering to buy the filly. I haven't heard anything back.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I know the feeling I sold A Chance to Take because at the time I needed money. The guy who bought her raced her weeks 1 and 2 when she raced week 16, shes only three
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I just bought a colt that has been raced 3wks in a row. He's on the farm resting now. I figured to give him at least 4wks off.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Katy Turner wrote:
Emily Mitchell wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote: I'm sure someone has, but has anyone definitely PM'ed this Annie Francis about it?  She allows private messages in the SIM itself.  I've noticed her too, but never said anything specifically to her.
Just to point out the logic of this situation:

1) Run horse excessively
2) Receive offers to sell said horse simply because you ran the horse excessively.

Offering to buy horses like that rewards poor training. I'd discourage it if you aim is to get the trainer to change her methods, because it just says to the trainer that its a good way to make money.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Eric Nalbone wrote:
Katy Turner wrote:
Emily Mitchell wrote: Well, I've offered good money for the filly in question. I didn't mention the racing her too much, and I haven't gotten a reply yet either. But I would like to get her.

1) Run horse excessively
2) Receive offers to sell said horse simply because you ran the horse excessively.

Offering to buy horses like that rewards poor training. I'd discourage it if you aim is to get the trainer to change her methods, because it just says to the trainer that its a good way to make money.
Well actually, I really want the filly- it wasn't just a random offer. But, I will admit I did think it could solve the situation, too. :) But I mean, if someone runs a claimer 4 times in a row I'm not going to offer to buy it.
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

Emily Mitchell wrote:
Eric Nalbone wrote:
Katy Turner wrote: Yea, I PM'd her too offering to buy the filly. I haven't heard anything back.

1) Run horse excessively

Well actually, I really want the filly- it wasn't just a random offer. But, I will admit I did think it could solve the situation, too. :) But I mean, if someone runs a claimer 4 times in a row I'm not going to offer to buy it.
I'm going to chime back in to say I took a look at her page when she was mentioned in this thread and really liked the breeding--that's probably the only reason I offered to buy her.