Exquisite Is Horse #34,000

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yay!!!! 34,000 horses in the SIM! Ryen Hanna owns/Ali LaDuke bred Exquisite (Throne x Bonita).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

That's freaking sweet. We should get some kind of prize...
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I'm still waiting for my horse 25,000 prize! (Kidding!)
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Rubber Soul was #23,000. He's barely a two-year-old. I can't believe how fast the SIM grows!
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I checked Rain Dancer to see if I could roughly figure out what number she was. Her number in the address bar is 316. 315 is Glorious Song, 314 is Meafara, 317 is Fleet Lady, 318 is Jewel Princess. I thought "huh how interesting that all my mares have numbers right next to each other!" Then I remembered that the database was set up well after I started in the game, and Em probably added in the mares by owner.

So I still have no idea what number Rain Dancer might have been.

Hmph.

She should still be one of the very first of the SIM horses, since she was one of the SIM-breds of the 2yo crop of Year 1. Most of the rest of the horses running that year were real horses. Who else was SIM-bred as a 2yo that year? The only other significant one I can find is Big Gulp, and it's possible that even he is a real horse.

So due to all of this I am going to declare Rain Dancer the very first of the SIM-breds, and I will continue to believe this for a few hours until Em comes in here to set me straight.

Ahahahahaha the very first horse in the database (#13) is none other than Sports Jersey! All hail King Sport!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Rain Dancer was the first SIM bred... but you did know that at one point! It was scary because at the time I didn't know who Danzig was.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

That's even worse than me not knowing who Symbol was.

And I honestly don't think I knew for certain that Rainy was the first because I never thought to ask until now. You might have told me but I don't think I paid attention (which is different than forgetting; again, it's the Symbol thing. I didn't *forget* who Symbol was, I just hadn't paid attention enough to notice).

Who was it that owned her before me? I used to know but it's been so long now that I've forgotten.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle