Favorite SIM Horse Contest - Closes Monday results time

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Favorite SIM Horse Contest - Closes Monday results time

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I've been busy, but I've decided to do a weekly contest for the next few weeks, just to give something positive back to the game. They'll run Monday to Monday for the next few weeks - some will have sim $ for prizes, others game points, and at least one will have a foal out of one of my mares. Since this is already Thursday, I'm going to make this one an easy one.

Post who your favorite SIM horse is and why (if you have more than one, just pick one at random and write about that one). It doesn't have to be a horse you own in the SIM, it can be a bad horse with a great name, a stakes winner or anything in between. Entries close at results time Week 5 Monday. I'll pick one poster at random and give them $100,000.

Have fun! I'm looking forward to reading the posts.

Laura
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Favorite SIM Horse Contest - Closes Monday results time

Post by Carole Hanson »

no question for me...Whitney
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

Fun Has Just Begun

I won this horse my 1st year I he is my 1st "wow" horse.
Samantha James
Derby Contender

Post by Samantha James »

My favorite horse has to be this one http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=253246

Created after my real mare who I lost a few years ago, she was my best friend and helped me through hard times. This filly is pretty sentimental to me and I was pretty upset I made a newbie mistake and injured her after her first race! She showed her heart by coming back after her injury with a good third, and then won her first race so I was really happy. This is one I will never part with.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Mine Those Stars

Definitely Mine Those Stars for me. I bought him for $7500 as a yearling from Bill Outsilver and raced him till he was five years old on the flat. I was getting very frustrated with him and considered gelding him to see if that would help him. When I was browsing through some four year olds of mine and saw the train to jump option a light bulb went off in my head, and lo and behold Mine Those Stars was a natural over the jumps. He became my first stakes winner and first graded stakes winner late in his five year old season. Needless to say I'm glad I didn't geld him lol
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

There are a few I like, but Never Back Down has to be one of my favourites.

Consider that this horse defeated Feat in his first start as a 2 year old, then was shelved for 14 weeks before coming back in Week 10 as a 3 year old in the G1 Melbourne Derby. In that race he ran the unbeaten Greatest to within a neck of defeat, and both horses ran 97 speed figures -- remember that this was NBD's 2nd lifetime start, off a 14-week layoff, against one of the two fastest turf routers of his generation (tip of the hat to July). He didn't race again at 3, but went on to win Grade 1s at ages 4, 5, and 6.

I also love his bargain stud fee, and the fact that I have a nice wow filly sired by him for whom I have high hopes.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Bradley Davis wrote: I also love his bargain stud fee, and the fact that I have a nice wow filly sired by him for whom I have high hopes.
I hope you're talking about Stardust's half sister. :wink:

And speaking of Stardust, she has to be my favorite. Not only because she is the best horse I've bred and is a bit of a freak, she is the only thing that has made me even slightly happy since my cat passed away.
Last edited by Lisa Strummer 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

First and foremost for me will always be Foremost : )

She's not the best broodmare out there.
She also didn't win a bunch of stake races.

I have other horses who've won more money, and even one that has won a SC race but for me, Foremost still outshines those horses.

When I joined this game back in 2008, new members got to breed one CAH (create a horse).
Some here would call her an 'old style CAH'. I believe she was one of the last of that batch before The Steward stopped the CAHs for a short time and then came back with it in a different structure.

I still remember the day I created her, because I spent the day before looking at pedigrees here on the Sim and trying to figure out what I wanted to create.

I wanted Secretariat in the pedigree...but I also wanted Sadler's Wells and Darshaan - and thought those two might produce a nice turf horse...and I wasn't finding anything I liked for creating a dirt runner...but I still wanted Secretariat in the mix.

So, I ended up requesting Sadler's Wells as the Sire with Darshaan as the dam sire - and I put Secretariat in the back of the pedigree. I thought if he was throwing more dirt than turf runners...then at least that far back into pedigree it wouldn't mess things up too much...and I would still get a descendant of one of the horses I admired so much.

Back then you had to submit your list of sires to the Steward and wait until she bred the CAH with your choice of stallions in the pedigree and sent it to you. : )

I named my CAH, Foremost...because she was the first horse I bred here (or at least chose the breeding for), and also because I was hoping for a horse that would be first and foremost in front of the pack at the end of each race. : )

For a beginner Sim player, she was a sweet horse to own.

She made me a little money in almost every race ran, and kept my stable in the green - she was very forgiving of some of the newbie mistakes I made too. : )

After retiring she produced a number of really nice foals.
I have used the word 'for' as the first 3 letters in all of Foremost's babies. Her best ones so far have been
Fortuitious - earned $668,640 before she retired
Foreward - earned $507,250 before he retired
Forgave - is 4 years old and still racing...so far she's earned $708,900 and may be my first million dollar earner out of Foremost. :D
Her yearling, Foreshadows has a 'stakes' quality gallop :D
I named her last foal, Foresight and of course hope he does well to.
In all, so far, Foremost's offspring has earned a total of $1,956,380 for my stable.

When Foremost turned 12...and every year after that...I can't express how I use to dread breeding season. Every year I kept expecting to see the message 'your mare died while foaling'. But she held out until that totally Awesome feature was implemented that allowed a person to save an older mare from death upon a bad foaling feature was implemented

She gave birth to her last baby at the ripe old age of 17 and is now enjoying life in what has been her home for about 13 years now, the pastures at the farm, Riverstone, Germany.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Fishing the Keys, without a doubt, for me.

A $1k New Player purchase, he was totally awesome to campaign. My first millionaire and Steward's Cup winner! What's not to love!!!

Thanks for the cool contest Laura, you rock!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Battlenote - http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=74391

I was very down because I had been in the SIM for a handful of years already and had yet to have a big horse. Battlenote didn't cost me anything SIM wise, I paid 3k GP for him and yet he turned out to be one of the best things ever for my barn. He brought so much joy back into the game for me and I really felt like maybe I was finally starting to figure the game out. He definitely was one of the reasons that I didn't quit, because I know I sure wanted to! I'm going to be so sad when he pensions :( My best SIM experiences all involve him or after him... the sim in general, my first G1, my first stakes win (I believe), my first stallion, led me to loving AW, made me want to go into the sim chatroom to talk to people about him, etc. Yep. I owe it all to Battlenote!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I would have to say that my favorite sim horse(from my barn) would have to be Helen Keller http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=94226

she was my first 'big' horse, she won me my first SC race the Juvy Fillies Turf, with her half brother winning me my 2nd and only other SC race, and I believe she was my first tb simmy winner, and she really is the one who got me into the turf miler part of the sim
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

My favorite horse is of course Lady Leap Alot. http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=149338

She was the first horse I owned that won me my first race. She is a Grade 3 stakes steeplechase winner and she was totally awesome. I am kind of mad I didnt continue to race her but I believe that she was tired of jumping. She is baby. She has three foals right now and next year I will get to see how great of a broodmare she is. Her first foal will be trained to jump yay. She is an awesome horse and I will always love her forever.
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

My favorite horse is Manatee. http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=47279
She is the first horse I bred, first homebred stakes winner, first G1 winner, and first Steward's Cup runner. She was never worse than second except for her last race. She ran in the Year 22 and 23 SC Filly & Mare Turf races and ran 2nd and 3rd. Also I won a headshot contest so she has a very pretty headshot. She's 12 this year and I am nervous about breeding her. I had no idea when I bred Manatee that she would be such a nice racehorse, but it was a pleasant surprise. Manatee won 4 straight stakes races as a 3yo and was my first SIMMY nominee, being nominated for American Turf Female in Year 22.
Seagrass Farm
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Hammer. I love his attitude! Plus he's fast, successful, and handsome!
http://www.simhorseracing.com/featurera ... cleID=9748
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Danny Warren
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Danny Warren »

Hard to decide as I have quite a few, but I'll mention Winterblack.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=141826

As a very new player, with not many horses, I stumbled across him on the sales page for $1 and figured that I wouldn't lose much even if he never did any good.
But he won his next 2 starts, one of them the Gr.3 Danish Derby, which was my first graded win ever and in 13 starts for me turned that $1 into just over $100,000 !
So he's a special horse to me for doing that and just confirmed what I always believed that you don't need to spend millions to get a nice horse.