Help! :o)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

Hello,

I hope everyone is having fun so far this racing year.. Heiressthunderfirm finished 1st her first time out this racing year (Year 18 Week 2) at 1 1/4 miles. This is only her 2nd win and what I need to know is this.. Where should I take her next? SHould I just go for a NW3 race or start her into the stakes races? I was thinking about entering her in a G3 race but wasn't sure if I sould hold off and go for an allowance race or just move up to the NW3 races. I just don't want to put her in a race where she'll be "in over her head" and have no chance at winning. Any help is appeciated :)

here is her page: <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31358' target='_blank'>Heiressthunderfirm</a>
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Well, she's doing very well with long distance turf, so you're going to want to find a turf race at least 1 1/8 miles long. If you can find a NW3 that fits that, she'd be perfect for it. An open allowance would probably be fine for her too. Otherwise, you can attempt a stakes race with her.

Stakes races can be very competitive, or easier to win than an allowance, in some cases. You really just need to examine the field. Typically, races in South America are a little easier to win, but again, you need to check out the fields.

I wouldn't think about racing her until Week 5, though. She seems like a nice filly. Good luck with her!
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

Thanks for the information. I am definitely going to rest her for awhile before I race her again, as I've already had one injury with her (100% my fault) and don't want to ruin her, since she is doing so well. I'll check the fields out for weeks 5 and 6 to see what races are available for one and also what horses are going to be in them. I definitely don't want to take her out of the country just yet as I really want to get her established and keep her going in the right direction. Although, I may take her out of the country later in the racing year depending on what races are available in her "class". I'll try to find a NW3 if I can, but may opt for the Grade III stakes if I can't find anything worth running allowance or NW3 wise.

Anyway, thanks for the advice again, and hopefully she'll turn out to be a really good example of the Affirmed and Thunder Gulch bloodline :D
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.