Official Survivor game thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Survivor game thread

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I used to go to this camp that was haunted by many spirits. Natives had used the land before it was bought and sold, never staying in one’s hands for too long until this one particular family came into ownership turning the farm into the camp now known as SimHorse. There was a haunted barn that hosted an evil spirit of a farmer who had died in a tractor accident, but there was also the story of two lovers, the namesake of the camp, which is the one I’m going to share with you tonight.
This is the story of two tribes, the Sims and the Horses. In recent geography it is believed that the Sims lived in the north side of the camp called the Grove, and the Horses lived in the Main Camp area by Lake Wonder. Both lands were inhabited by wildlife but the Horses had the land surrounding the lake. Both tribes worked independently with one another, there is no previous history to suggest there was a warring feud. At the end of the summer harvest, it came to be that the water access in the Sim land had been cut off due to a quarry collapsing; a young brave soldier had volunteered to cross over to the Horse land to seek water. He encountered a Horse woman just along the border of the territory and introduced himself.
“I am Okami” he said, enamoured with the woman’s sweet looks. She looks at him with her large brown eyes and smiles, “My name is Wishing Starfire.” It was at that moment that the Sim man had forgotten the task that he’d been charged with and took the woman into his arms. It had felt like a spirit had guided him to her. Wishing Starfire took his hands and guided him into her territory.

Weeks later they had found each other bound, in what we modern folks call marriage. Okami stayed on the Horse land, living with his new wife and her family. Until one day the whirlwind romance had come to a halt. Okami’s brother Knighted had been discharged the duty in finding his brother and asking the Horse tribe for water access. What he found was the unexpected. His brother wrapped in the arms of the Horse tribe, it infuriated him. Knighted ran back to the Sim tribe and told them of the traitorous brother.
The Sims banded together to start a war, they demanded to have Okami’s forelock and were determined to take over the Horse tribe’s land. The Horse tribe got wind of these actions and began to turn on Okami and Wishing Starfire. Horse began fighting on two fronts, with the Sims and internally with their new friend. How could he do this to them? The Horses didn’t want to send their beloved couple into the fray and banished them beyond their territory, better they have a better chance elsewhere than what they knew would await them.
Wishing Starfire and Okami walked along the lake and eventually settled under a rocky cliff to shelter them from the weather hazards of the autumn rain. Little did our friends know that this was most likely the most fatal decision they could have made. The winds picked up, the rain pelted, just enough to loosen the dirt and stones to allow the overhang of rocks come crashing down over the bodies of the lovers. Unbeknown to the tribes they warred on for years, until generations forgot why they were fighting and it became a custom, but for three weeks in the calm of summer turning to autumn, a hush falls over the land. Two wandering spirits bring warmth, a glow and pause to events, no one knows why they are compelled to stop but out of habit, they return.

Fast forwarding to a few hundred years children who now attend this camp are occasionally possessed by the wandering spirits of the Sim and Horse tribes. No one can explain it, but for a week out of every year since the land has been handed off for generations, the people get possessed by the spirits of Sim and Horse Tribes. Nowadays the children are split into groups and fight for their tribe. No one can determine the winner, but at least we know that the fights are brief and the spirit of the lost lovers have managed to diminish the anger, the war, and bring peace to the end of each battle.

This story is sooo inspired it's being made into a movie: See trailer below
http://www.facebook.com/v/10100121447910419
Last edited by Chani Ruzzo 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

So this is hard and I have yet to make a decision if simsters would like they can message me whose they think is better to help me out thanks~ Good job both of you
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

This has been really tough result of this battle will be up tomorrow night.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

So this was very hard. What I went by was a rubric about what I asked for... Camp Fire.... Creative...Entertaining....then asked for public help....

Clinton- Your story was comical and clever. I liked it. I thought making one of the most popular stories into a horse story and pulling it off making it work was great. However, creative wise, you did good changing the vampires into horses, but you took the same story. Camp Fire wise any story could go and yours would be funny, but I think the classical camp fire story is usually freaky scary and dark. Yours was very entertaining funny, I loved the pictures, and I could tell you really tried. In this competition it is easy to see you have been trying hard and I felt you were the favorite to win this from day one and I think your competitors agree.

Chani- Your story was suprisingly well done. I say suprise just because I saw Clintons before yours and thought his was awesome and thought you were screwed, but you put great effort into giving him the run for the marshmellos. You completly made up a story and it was creative, you used horses and made it into a interesting, and I do not know if its just how I read the story, but drawn out to be longer I see it having great potential to make the little kiddos nervous. Classical camp fire story, and done creativly. I spaced out alot in the reading though, some more comical writings would have gained me interest. Like Clinton you are a competitor and throughout this competition you have been challenged throughout and yet are still in the final four. It was close, but with the final piece of te rubric being voting you dominated clinton. Your desire to win showed and in this tough battle you took the favorite to win down by a nose. Congrats, you did well.

So, Clinton I am sorry to say after a great run and effort you have been eliminated. I really hope you sign up for next season because you did so well you deserve to get another chance.

Speaking of second chances, when most of you did not know I had a "catch" going on... a twist... a turn... a wildcard compeition. Throughout this competition I have been taking notes of what players have said to me and done and based on this picked three players that were eliminated that I felt deserved a second chance. Those players were Miki, Iggy, and Leo. When asked to complete a challenge Miki and Iggy competed Leo never aswered so was eliminated. Iggy won the competition which means Iggy now gets a second chance.

This week there is four players, but there will be a double elimination. You will compete as a team in a big tough challenge and the team that loses will automatically be eliminated. This will leave two people to compete in the final and for the big prize of $1 million dollars.

Semi-Finals
Chani
Iggy
Fanta
Gigi

Teams

Hotwalkers
Fanta
Chani

Yanomamo
Iggy
Gigi

Challenge will be up sometime tomorrow.

Good luck!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

So this is the Semi-Finals = long, and intense. Here is the challenge....

There will be 5 sections of this.... basically 5 challenges put into one!
Each section will be given a total possible points earned and the team with the best overall grade will win and go straight to the finals.
The five sections include

Letter
Quiz
Word Hunt
Dynamic picture
Final Survey

LETTER Worth 40 points

In letter you must write a letter of recommendation for your partner. Why should they win the prize? There is a rubric that will be kept private until the grading. You should know there is 4 sections each worth 10 points on the rubric. The final grade will be your teams average on the letter.

Quiz Worth 40 points

Each team mate will be sent a quiz. They should get help from the other team mate to complete their quiz. This will be graded based on -Speed 1st done = 20 pts 2nd- 10
-Correctness= 10 questions in each quiz each worth 1 point= 20 points

Word Hunt Worth 15 points

This section each person will get a clue which will lead to a word. The words together will lead to a horse name ( like we did before )
Graded on Speed 1st done = 5 points 2nd done = 0 points
Correctness- 10 points

Dynamic Picture Worth 50 points

Each person creates a picture based on a theme that your team decided.
Will be judged based on
-Creativity Worth 10 points
-Speed 1st team done = 10 points 2nd= 0
-duo ( How the pictures work together as a team ) worth 20 points
-Votes most votes = 5 points
-Which at a glimpse is better = 5 points

Final Survey Worth 40 points- which will be based on the team average
Each player write a to me in private if they liked playing or not 1-10 ( 10 being best ) completion of this is worth 5 points
Reccomendation ( At least one, more than one will give you more points ) each recommendation is worth 2 points for a max of 10 each player
Time- 1st gets 10 2nd gets 5 3rd 1 and 4th 0

When your team is fully completed one person must private message me letting me know your team has sent me everything and if they really have not nothing after this message will be graded. By sending me this message letting me know you are complete your team will earn 5 points. First team complete will get 10 points.

All together your team could earn 200 points which would be a 100% team with the best final score will sail to the finals. GOOD LUCK!

Mike
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Why we need a "Chase the Van" Button

Drawn by Fanta and Chani

Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Our team is done!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

The story of Team Yanomamo...

In the beginning, there was confusion and a frenzied anticipation of what was to come, but everyone was excited to be on the island, and to be together as a team. That Team Yanomamo would produce the winner was not in question; it was as plain as black and white.

And sure enough, in the peace and serenity of the final day, as the sun set on Simvivor Island, it would be two Yanomamos left alone on the Island...but who would be the last survivor?

"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

We are also now done. Awesome job with the last bit Gigi. Thanks for doing things so quickly after you got off of work!!!!
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Team Yanomamo and Team Hotwalkers have now both completed this epic challenge and epic it was! I thought this would have taken longer to complete but nope, these teams did it so fast = why they made the semi finals. Sadly one teams efforts were great but not as great as the others. I commend the losing team for their effort and encourage both to sign up for next season because their efforts lead them to being a strong contender next season. The break down....

Team Yanomamo
Event points earned

Quiz 29
Letter 38 <<<< Gigi's letter was AMAZING
word hunt 10
Picture 33
Survey 40
Completion bonus 5
Total: 155
Time killed you in some of the cases

Team Hotwalkers
Quiz 39
Letter 30
Word Hunt 15
Picture 41
Survey 16
Total 156

As you can tell this was super super super close. I wish I could make all four of you in the finals but then what would be the point of this great effort. CONGRATS Chani and Fanta you have made the finale! Gigi and Iggy nice try very close.

Chani and Fanta stay tuned for the finale..... !

Next... You will see Chani and Fanta torture themselves with helpers in a challenge they wish they did not have to do. Will they fail under the toughest task of the competition or will their desires for the prize and the win over take that.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

FINALE

Post by Mike Eaton »

FINALE

Fanta
Vs
Chani

Choose three previous contestants in which will assist you in the biggest challenge of your simvivor career. These three you must message asking to be on your team and let them know if they accept helping you they must email me letting me know so ASAP.

Each player must come up with at least an idea that you use in the challenge, or they may also be in the commercial you will be making; yes a commercial or they may just help with recruiting or the flyer you will create. A summary of how each player helped will need to be sent by you. These players will also be interviewed by me after the final tasks.

So the tasks pretty much were given away. Each of you must create a flyer that will help recruit people to participate in next season. You will be judged based on the looks and creativity or your flyer. You will also score points based on the number of people you recruit for next season. To get the points the people must sign up and say that they were recruited by you so you get credit.

Next you will create a commercial. The commercial may be a radio commercial or video commercial with the goal of gaining interest in season 2. I have received multiple messages saying how people just like viewing this which came to a surprise for me. It was a joy to because most were new players. It would be great to also get new players to join for season two because this game really gets you to know people better. So promote people to watch and get them wanting to take part next season! This will be judged on the realness, how entertaining, overall feed back, and it will also gain you recruitment points if you get people to join based on this. You may also use the peoples names already signed up to perk up some interest. Previous contestants giving it another go, blog king joining in, crazy Gibson will give it a go etc,etc,etc.

I will also put up two polls asking for votes for you guys. Who the public ( not previous contestants) think should win based on just this task and then another for overall who deserves it more. Do not worry if you lose this it is not the final say.

Every Participate that you played with this season will be interviewed asking basically who they think should be the victor and why. I hope you gained some friends on this journey…. You may need them here.

Winner will be decided by me and me only. Everything listed here will help me in my decision. Just have fun with it and good luck!

You must complete everything by December 12, 2011
Winner will be announced by December 14, 2011
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I love all the recruiting so far leads to a big fun season 2
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Here is the final posts

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/ ... 4iqdde.jpg

That is team Fanta flyer/ team chani's flyer is only viable to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hL4wstpYA

Team fantas video is above

http://youtu.be/gc2ohIgOkpI

That is team chanis video.

So go watch and vote now on a new poll which you like better. And sign up for season 2! The 8 other players who participated season 1 please send me your vote via pm who you think should win!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

the flyer