One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Frances Krell wrote:
Julie Kluesener wrote:3. List the amount of entries in a race in it's title (much like the "Race Full" tag). That way it's easier to enter smaller races or find unfilled races.
I second this!
Thirding!

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Frances Krell
Turf Router

Post by Frances Krell »

Alysse Peverell wrote:I'd like a filter for track conditions.
I really like that idea, too.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Kevin Hern wrote:I vote for autopopulating the notes field with training (gallop comments specifically, with corresponding season/week noted instead of date) and horse whisperer comments so you don't have add them manually when you gallop the horse or ask the whisperer about weather preference.
This, please, totally, yes.

Also, speaking of those "Are you sure you really want to do this?" confirmation clicky boxes... could they please, please confirm what it is that you're trying to do? If I'm not sure whether I clicked "Ask the Vet" or "Geld this Horse", how can I know if I really want to do it or not? Would love them to be specific. Pretty please. With sugar on top. Also, gumdrops.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I like virtually all the ideas. After re-reading the original post and the expected scope of "one small thing"... I vote for track condition when filtering for races to enter. I've found myself wishing for that quite often.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I like the track condition filter idea but would love to add a filter for what week and day you want your horse to run in.

Rachel :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Here's something: can we make it easier to record breeding grades? I'd love to be able to go from Anna's analysis immediately back to the mare's notes so I can record the purchased cross results. As it is, we have to click "go back to hypo mating, click the hypo mate button again, and then click on the mare and enter "Rodolphus: A-". If we could skip those steps I might kiss the person who made it possible.

I wouldn't HAVE to, but I'd want to
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I would really like to be able to sort Arabians in my training barn by age, since there are both yearlings and 2yos in there.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Kyasuriin Matsumoto wrote:Runners only and Non-Runners only sort in search! (just like maiden, winner, stakes winner section, only added whether the horse has even started in a race)
THIS! 100% this...
Kevin Hern wrote:I vote for autopopulating the notes field with training (gallop comments specifically, with corresponding season/week noted instead of date) and horse whisperer comments so you don't have add them manually when you gallop the horse or ask the whisperer about weather preference.

ETA: Also autopopulating hypomating grades in the notes field....and autopopulating anything else I'm forgetting to add here because I'm too lazy to edit this post again.
I don't think this counts as a small thing. I definitely want it though. However, I would give autopopulated things their own little tab. I'd include vettings, horse whispering, gallops, bloodstock agent comments (for the mares) and bloodstock hypomate grades. Probably other things too, but mostly those. Like Ara, I wouldn't want them in the notes section. They need their own spot.
Laura Smith wrote:Also, speaking of those "Are you sure you really want to do this?" confirmation clicky boxes... could they please, please confirm what it is that you're trying to do? If I'm not sure whether I clicked "Ask the Vet" or "Geld this Horse", how can I know if I really want to do it or not? Would love them to be specific. Pretty please. With sugar on top. Also, gumdrops.
I'll be greedy and ask for this too.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tiff Severson
Classic Contender

Post by Tiff Severson »

Ara Davies wrote:How about a page that shows ALL the workouts for all horses we own for the entire year. Sometimes I want to see which of my yearlings has had the fastest works for the year or whatever and being able only to check them week by week is really frustrating. Filterable (age, gender, and surf/dist preference) and sortable of course. Also if there could be a column for equipment there it would be really useful.
I would love this feature.

I'm not a fan of the autofilling of comments. Just a personal thing for me since I tend to use my own method for this. Plus since the horse can change over time I would rather not see a note of HTT and then WOW (please please let that happen to me). I'd get confuddled.
Now Standing:Coach CalMulti-Surface with strong AW and Turf times in yearlings. 15,001k [/u] Quitting Time AW Miler with short route lineage 11,000 k
Give Me The MoneyStandardbred Pacer $1,500
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I agree for the autopopulating! Make my life so much easier haha

The weather conditions would be nice as well :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

The ability to search for a range of ages on the search page, rather than just one. For instance, so I can search for 1yo and 2yo fillies of a particular stud. Right now if I put anything in past one number it ignores that field and I get all ages.

Would also be great, as a SIMperior member, to have a search filter for horse type (similar to the new filter in the stud book). That way I can actually search and see which all-weather runners a dirt stallion has, rather than just a number (and then have to open every progeny page to figure out who those winners are).
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Tiff Severson wrote:I'm not a fan of the autofilling of comments. Just a personal thing for me since I tend to use my own method for this. Plus since the horse can change over time I would rather not see a note of HTT and then WOW (please please let that happen to me). I'd get confuddled.
That is why I suggest giving autofilled comments their own tab. That way people who don't want to use them can just ignore it and use the notes page as they always have. Comments tab wouldn't be public either, so I can't see any problems.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Would also be great, as a SIMperior member, to have a search filter for horse type (similar to the new filter in the stud book). That way I can actually search and see which all-weather runners a dirt stallion has, rather than just a number (and then have to open every progeny page to figure out who those winners are).
I think what I was thinking about before brain lock was similar to this.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I would be fine with the autopopulating the notes thing if they were on a separate tab, yes. It's just that I have the notes section for each horse organized in a certain way so I can tell certain things at a glance, and having to go through and reformat and edit it every single time I did anything with the horse would be annoying.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Steeplechase broodmare search selection!!!
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.