One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Miki Montoya
Miler

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Miki Montoya »

Ramey Furney wrote:Check broodmare comments before retiring fillies/mares or the ability to unretire and race them again provided the horse has no offspring.
I second this
I don't know what to put in my signature cos I don't have any clever phrases but I came up with something totally perfect:
Hi.
Angus Clab
Miler

Post by Angus Clab »

Ara Davies wrote:How about a page that shows ALL the workouts for all horses we own for the entire year. Sometimes I want to see which of my yearlings has had the fastest works for the year or whatever and being able only to check them week by week is really frustrating. Filterable (age, gender, and surf/dist preference) and sortable of course. Also if there could be a column for equipment there it would be really useful.
I like this one as well.
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

The Sim is perfect and needn't be changed in any way. You should just relax.

(I'll take a free Stew-bred, thanks)
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

many, many great and useful ideas, but my vote (if possible) is to auto-record comments/"grades" from Liza, Hoss and Mary Weather
I'm just here for the fun of it
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Ditto what Carolyn said, I'll add a couple for sake of conversation-when we get a split race notification can we get a link to the race? Second on our own stable home page under the horse count can we get filters to separate sprinters, milers, routers, dirt, turf, aw, etc...?

Also ditto what Andy said, especially the free Steward bred, lol.

Keep up the great work team!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Ooooooh, I remember the other one I was thinking of...

Is it possible to add "any distance" to the list of horse-types? Like "any sprinter", "any miler" or "any router"? I've got several horses who are multi-surface, but run at a preferred distance. This would help tremendously, since they don't exactly fit into the "any surface" categories.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:Ooooooh, I remember the other one I was thinking of...

Is it possible to add "any distance" to the list of horse-types? Like "any sprinter", "any miler" or "any router"? I've got several horses who are multi-surface, but run at a preferred distance. This would help tremendously, since they don't exactly fit into the "any surface" categories.
This has always been of concern to me, as horses are more often geared towards a particular distance than a particular surface. As in a horse is more likely to want to route on dirt and synthetics rather than sprint and route on dirt.

Oh! I know what I'm trying to say. A horse is more likely to be duel-surfaced rather than duel-distanced.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Making the circuit option for the entry page work for chasers so when I click United States it only shows the chases in the US, etc.
Kim Plausible
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kim Plausible »

All of the ideas are amazing. I can't decide which one to support.

I think I second Jennifer's suggestion of giving horse type to non-Simperior players. This is the biggest complaint I receive from people I recommend the game to, and I think having players stick around makes them more likely to pick Simperior for the other benefits. I couldn't live without speed figures, but they aren't necessary for the game to be pleasant and fun to play.

The 'work all horse types such and such a distance,' though, would be huge. And amazing. I might actually keep/buy more horses.
Send me requests for Feature Race articles!
"Thinking for me rarely ends in fewer than 300 words."
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I don't want to sound negative in this thread which has a lot of positives, but I do want to point out a major issue with the suggestion making horse types a part of regular, non-SIMperior play.

I realize horse-types make managing a stable infinitely better, but I fully support keeping this as part of the membership. SIMperior memberships drive the growth and development of the SIM as a whole, and having horse-types as a special feature certainly keeps those people with memberships paying and adds an excellent incentive for those who don't have one to pay for it. If horse-type was made a general feature, I think it would lessen the appeal of the SIMperior membership by a) not being enticing enough for new players to purchase it and b) diminishing the "special" features that subscribers are already paying for. In other words, you'll get both "I don't need any extra features because I've already got what I need" and "Why am I paying for a membership with limited extra features when everyone already has access to the largely useful ones?". A reduction in memberships would mean a reduction of revenue, and it would be a sad day indeed if Em ever said "I wish we could do this in the SIM, but we just don't have the funds to accomplish it!"
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Oh, I know. Make the option to make stats private separate from making money private. Cause I would like to make my money private, but still show my stats.
Gateway Farms
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

My suggestion....
When you click "find races for this horse" I would live for the list of available races to be able to be filtered by distance from where the horse is currently located. That way, if I wanted to enter a horse in tomorrow's races, I could quickly see if there were any races within a short distance without having to look through hundred oh other races half way around the world.
Jason Jones II
Two Year Old

Post by Jason Jones II »

I argee with Ladonna.

I think the whole Race entry screen needs to be re worked. I think the distance and money need to be shown
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

LaDonna - you can filter the find races for this horse by circuit, which I think should cover what you are looking for. If the horse is in the US, you can filter either by United States or by a subcircuit (so if the horse is in New York you can filter by either United States or by New York). I use this all the time when I'm deciding whether to run a horse back on two weeks' rest and don't want to ship the horse far. Hope that helps!
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Right, but lets say I have a horse in new Zealand and there are no races in new Zealand or Australia that week, with some counties being lumped crazily in circuits, I have no clue which circuit to look for next, so to be able to filter by distance would be really nice.