The Daily Steeplechaser

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

The Daily Steeplechaser

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I figure since "All About All Weather" has their own thread, we may as well make our own.

To be added:
Stallion Categories
- Expiring Stallions : these horses will be pensioned soon
- Stallions with Proof : these horses are 9-12 with at least 4 foals already winning chases
- Could be Famous : these are new on the roster!
Research

Links/Interviews
Four Score 100---Introducing Some Young Stars of Chasing
Stallions of Y32: Producers of Naturals

SC Articles for Y32
Aka Assassin Looks to Reclaim Steward's Cup Steeplechase
Ruzzo Sending the Girls to the Game in SC Steeplechase

-----------

Expiring Stallions:
Aesthetic : $10,000
Awake As I Am : $75,000
Battlenote : $15,000
Cowboy Mac : $25,000
Hurry Up And Wait : $20,000
Leap of Faith : $30,000
Son of Light : $10,000
Star Conquest : $10,000
Sun Tzu : $15,000
Yeats : GP 2,000

Stallions With Proof
Broadsword : $10,000
Offshore Excursion : $15,000
One Man : $7,500
Scientist : $25,000

Could Be Famous:
Elfstedentocht : $5,000
Fosbury : $10,000
Greatest Chase : $5,000
High Flyin Guy : $2,500
Jete : $35,000
Manayunk : $10,000
Mine Those Stars : $7,500
Otia : $2,500
Pigeon Island : $20,000
Smash Into Me : $7,500
Song For Ten : $10,000
Supanova : $5,000
Tikka to Ride : $10,000
Unclench Your Fist: $3,000
Unlikely Heir : $10,000

I'll add more later.
--------------

Feel free to talk about your plans, who are you avoiding, results.. etc.
Last edited by Chani Ruzzo 11 years ago, edited 35 times in total.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: The Daily Steeplechaser

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Very cool idea Chani-here's my donation to the cause...

Son of Light has 3 winners chasing and is getting some great hypos from Liza, our illustrious bloodstock agent.
For $10k, how can you go wrong?
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Some more could be famous
Pigeon Island $30,000
Unlikely Heir $10,000 sired a pair of A hypomates for me.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

yeah lol Gary the reason I rarely breed outside my own studs is the many A hypo mates I get.. I have a problem using younger stallions that are over priced. (I understand by saying this I bash my own horse but he's special in his own way.) There is such a great market of older stallions at a lower price, it doesn't make any sense to me to send a mare to the unproven guys.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Greatest Chase $5,000

Doesn't have anything old enough yet, but like Gary's horses, I have a bunch of A with him. Hopefully they win eventually. Lol. :P
Gateway Farms
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

I am stuck this year with losing Butch I have to breed my mares to an outside stallion. I do have O'hare Star Jumper retiring this year but I don't know what kind of stallion he will be. But I won't spend over $10,000 on a stud fee with the exception of Shadowless who produced a good hypo with my Original Tough Guy mare. At least I know I have a chance to earn that stud fee back by running the horse on flat before going to chasing.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

If I retire any of these horses to stud, would people use them? If not I'll just use them privately and won't stand them.
Surgeon Forever - i may just geld him
Otia - multiple and G1 winner over fences
High Flying Guy - stake winner
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I'd be very interested in people listing stallions they get multiple As from. I'm breeding a few horses each year which are being bred for both flat and chase, so I'd love to know of the sires capable of siring both. Breeding a horse that can run for 8 seasons (possibly) seems like a cool thing to aim for.

Trafalgar and Shadowless are two I know off the top of my head. I *think* Do Something might be able to sire chasers as well. Anyone else?
AT STUD
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Abraham Lincoln is the miler stud that throws As.. I know Offshore Excursion depending on the mare's chase ability can throw As too.
Danielle Tilley
Miler

Post by Danielle Tilley »

Supanova - got me a few A 's and for 5,000 i thought it was a bargin.
Danni :)
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

I have a yearling that hypo'd B on the flat and A for 'chasing but galloped HTT. His sire is Trafalgar. I was hoping for an 8 season horse. I will try this combo again unless I find something better.

Frayed hypo'd B- flat,B+ 'chasing with one of my mares.
I got a couple of B's from Pax Britannica.

I don't have stellar mares, one is good on the flat and potential for chasing and I haven't even checked the other.

I have bred both of my steeplechasing mares already and I used Konstantine's Bay(B+), Jete(A).
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I'm having a 50% off sale on all my stallions, this weekend only.. enjoy!
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Abraham Lincoln gave me the best combo nicks for my small band of dual turf flat/chasers. Others were also giving me A- chasing nicks as well, but Abe was giving me the A- chase with the additional B+ for flat.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Are there any standout turf sprint/steeplechase stallions? I have an old mare with a slightly strange pedigree (Star Studded produced anything, the dam and DS went long, but she and her offspring are sprinty) who's produced three six-figure earners; a winning turf sprinter/6-time stakeswinning (including a G2) chaser, a stakeswinning turf sprinter/2x stakes-placed, 2x allowance-winning chaser, and a stakeswinning turf sprinter/natural jumper with a wings gallop.

The latter two were from B-/A- (flat/chase) nicks, and I've found two other B-/A- nicks with Snug and Saint Nicholas (and C/As to Jete and Abraham Lincoln, so I think she's more sprinter than miler) but I was wondering if there was a top-shelf steeplechase sire with turf sprinting ability who I've missed.

She's old enough that her next foal is probably her last, so I'd hate to miss a B/A nick.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

Michael I was curious and hypo'ed her with work shoes(not sure what kind of comments he has in terms of chaser ability) and got Anna “Liza” Doolittle Says:
"I will give you a letter grade (A+ down to C) for both flat and steeplechase racing. Here is my analysis of a mating between 'Work Shoes' and 'Rapier'.

On flat: B-
Steeplechaser: B+" (I do realise that this b+ isn't an a :) )
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY