The Daily Steeplechaser

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: The Daily Steeplechaser

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Just wanted to let the chaser peeps know, I hypoed a "formidable" mare on flat who's greatest strength could be as the dam of chasers with Much and got an A- for chasing....
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I am sure this had been asked a million times but...... What is the top dirt router/chase studs? I have a Sun Raider mare that after 4 very average foals I B/Sed and she got the "Greatest Strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers".

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=107389
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Mum's the Word by Early Endings gave out hypos of A- for quite a few chaser studs.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Louise Bayou wrote:I am sure this had been asked a million times but...... What is the top dirt router/chase studs? I have a Sun Raider mare that after 4 very average foals I B/Sed and she got the "Greatest Strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers".

Father Ralph and Moment of Clarity (I've got more than a few A- hypos for chasing with them). Also, not for this mare, but Desert Majesty has got A- chasing for me. I'll have to look at my notes for the few others.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Louise Bayou wrote:I am sure this had been asked a million times but...... What is the top dirt router/chase studs? I have a Sun Raider mare that after 4 very average foals I B/Sed and she got the "Greatest Strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers".

Mine Those Stars seems one of the better options this mare nick'd B/A to him which means the foal has a good shot at being a natural and might be an okay flat runner.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Thanks guys! I mean I would like to get a foal that could at least break its maiden on the flats then jump.lol Oh and Lisa, I have a 2 year old by Father Ralph...hmm gonna have to jump test her before I decide what to do with her!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

i'm using Mojave to influence my dirt mares if that helps
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I put 4-5 Chaser mares on the sale page, $5k each. Most have A- hypos in their page.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Just an FYI, I just hypoed an Over and Up mare with Born of Summer and got B/A.

On a side note, I also got B+/A- with both Trafalgar and Tattered. Was thinking of going with Born of Summer because he fits into my budget much better; would I be dumb to pass on Trafalgar?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

A few chaser mares up on the sale page.

Garnier-'Garnier' should be a good broodmare, the kind that could surprise you with a nice runner once in a while. Garnier's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!

Multiplier- 'Multiplier' should be a good broodmare, the kind that could surprise you with a nice runner once in a while. Multiplier's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!

Need a Home-Horse 1342178752' should be a good broodmare, the kind that could surprise you with a nice runner once in a while. Horse 1342178752's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!

Miss Femme Fatale-If you had a barnful of broodmares such as 'Miss Femme Fatale', you would have a formidable breeding operation! Miss Femme Fatale's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!

Jump Test-Horse 1335060657' should be a good broodmare, the kind that could surprise you with a nice runner once in a while.
Horse 1335060657's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!" She comes with 4 A- hypos in her page

Abundant Sunshine-If you had a barnful of broodmares such as 'Abundant Sunshine', you would have a formidable breeding operation! Additionally, 'Abundant Sunshine' has potential as the dam of steeplechasers, so if you're interested in pursuing that I give you the green light!
Lee Key Shipyard
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Lee Key Shipyard »

Musical Notes has been retired after his valiant 3rd in the SC. By the brillant sire Perplexity out the stakes winning mare Strong Voice.
Now standing for $10,000
Paints:
Jiggery Pokery -$10,000
Pontiac Chieftain, Moonfly - $7500

Appys:
Oliver Lives On -$2500

Steeplechase:
Stanley, Clouseau - $5000
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Templar - a cheaper Thief stallion option is available now for 1k.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I retired Date, the somewhat erratic mare and she was "formidable with her greatest strength in chasing" so I bred this filly by Trafalgar who Liza called a B+/A cross which hopefully will be good.

Other studs she did A- or better for the chase were:

Shadowless: A

Gibraltar: A-

Tattered: A-

Dullahan: A-

Fallen in Battle: A-

I also bred my Boise mare Lucy Swann who was formidable with a green light. Her female family is Career Performance who's parents are Fog City X Notable Career which makes her Now's half sister. I wasn't into going the dirt routing direction at all.

So I opted to breed this filly by Shadowless who was a B+/A cross.

I also bred this filly by Cowbow Mac and out of Chase Your Dreams mare Shepard Moons. She was a C/A cross and I sold her to Nick Gilmore.

This year of breeding went much better than last as I had some unexpected surprises with mares retiring with chase ability.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

trained my one 3 yr old chaser today Jumper's Dream and it got the natural comment, very happy as this was an experiment lol, so far this mare is 2 for 2 for me in giving me a natural chaser
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY