Week 3

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Week 3: 56-4-11-17

Trainer Stats for Year 18: 172 : 17 - 39 - 49 Win-9.9% OTB-61.0%
Stakes Wins: 0 I Maiden Wins: 11 I 2 Year Old Wins: 5

No breakdowns.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Bleh, thats all you need to know

1 horse impressed me in Darla, she was 2nd, my one ray of light in a disastrous week, maybe step her up again next time

I earned 3k just enough to cover boarding
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

well it was a so so week 3 horses came home with pay check only 1 horse won

Dancer's Secret won a close one at Santa Anita by a quarter of a length, she finished strong which I liked

Cat Wells my other debut filly did not have the greatest of races and finished 5th

the other horse that made me money was fighting with fury who finished 4th in a maiden at aqueduct, going to shorten his distance up next time

winnings for this week were $8,960 plus 1350 in breeders rewards

so for week 3 5: 1-0-0 a 20 per cent win and otb percentage

overall: Trainer Stats for Year 18: 13 : 3 - 0 - 3 Win-23.1% OTB-46.2%
Stakes Wins: 0 I Maiden Wins: 2 I 2 Year Old Wins: 0

overall an average week but I don't feel disappointed
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

WOOOO! I had an AWESOME week, highlighed by pair of G1 wins by Vernacular and the old man, Whileaworldsleeps. Majesty came back in tremendous fashion to beat a really nice field in Dubai. Wheely Special lives for the NY-bred program and took the Broadway. All three of my sponsored races went (thanks, all!) and my horses didn't disappoint, with all three winning - So Far Gone as "much the best" by 5 1/2 and Early Morning "powerfully" by 12 (Red Lights was the third). Three of my favorite 3yos won - Blindsided and Melankomas, FINALLY, along with Remorse. Dark Blue made it 11 winners. Breakthrough and Rhymeswithorange were both second in stakes races... Bossa Nova and Brooklyn Baby were third in stakes races. And, no report of my week would be complete without mentioning the absurdly consisent Outer Edge, who was actually third for once, and Capone who's just the man.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

3 wins! Maiden, NW3, and stakes! Shall We Dance makes his turf record 9 : 3 - 6 - 0 with an allowance win in Australia. Silly boy. Itsokaytobelieve broke her maiden easily, and Spoof dominated her stakes race! LOVE her. :wub:
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

55: 10-16-13 this week for 18.2% winners and 70.9% OTB.

The highlight of the week was Image coming home a winner in the New Orleans Handicap; its nice to have him solidly on track again this year. Other bright sports of the week included Heartbreak Heals winning a stakes in Milan on turf, and then three more stakes wins by my dirt fillies; repeat stakes winners in Queen and Living Legacy with On The Way Up checking in as a brand new G1 stakes winner.

Two year old wins for me came with Deep Space (Fuji Kiseki x Juliya Space [Storm Cat]), Minus The Mojo (Songandaprayer x Cheerful Smile [Sunday Silence]) and Vatican City (Mingun x Ceremony [Cigar]).
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

One second and two fourth places from 26 runners! :(

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Another flat out pathetic week.. these horses were doing rather well last year... I am stumped. My only concilation is that my filly Shinigamigirl beat Acapulco... after I had teased Joelene she better watch out.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

What? Eric won 3yo filly races? But... but... he's so weak in that division!
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Super exciting week for me. 5 stakes wins! And many other wins.

I ran 1-2 in the Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Sprint with my fantastic filly Blue Light Special the winner. I can't wait to breed her at the end of the year. Her babies will really go zoom!

Five Islands caused me to make a strange squeaking sound. She won in her debut, the Whirl Charmant Stakes, easily by 5.

Hearts Afire won the Canon Gold Cup "easily" over a packed field of talented horses. What can I say, she loves 2 miles... that's why she will be staying in South Africa all year.

Rainbow Bright took the Jagermeister Stakes. She's such a good filly.

Tokyo took the Okinawa Cherry Blossom Stakes. I was hoping he'd win.

Bloodshed broke his maiden with the additional ground he got in Germany. I've said it a million times, but Shirocco babies just really need distance... and once they get it- every single one of mine has won (3 of his 6 winners... can you tell I heart him :) ).

Justgottabelieve me won an allowance race in Hong Kong by 5 over another horse of mine, Dreamscapes. Turf routers are so my favorite.

October Moon simply floored me. He won his debut by 6 1/2 lengths. NOT expecting that! weeee!

I could talk about all my close seconds, but I think I've done enough writing. :ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

BEST WEEK EVER!
Not becuase of anything my horses did on the track though. Better Talk Now has his first winner in Better Talk Kawaii! I'm so excited for my boy, hopefully more will follow shortly :D

As for racing, my baby Lauren's Precenct put in a good second, Trail Guide got another third and several others have sent me back to the drawing board. It's hard to be dissapointed in those results with Blackie's foal winning :D
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

On the other end of the spectrum, here's my week:

5: 1 1 0

I had a hard time placing horses this week--I have a lot of long runners and I'm pretty stubborn about giving everyone at least two weeks off. Add that to the fact that I'm still VERY green and I'm pleased.

Trilogy, an experienced gelding I got from Laura Ferguson (Fighting With Wit X Intellivore X Event of the Year) cruised to a stakes win at Trial Park, edging co-favorite Loki Eclipse in the newbie battle.

My other board finish was a CAH named Brian's Mom, who finished second in a crowded field at Bay Meadows in her debut. Pentium's experience was too much to overcome but I am pleased nonetheless.

My other three entries this week were basically Hail Marys - I wasn't expecting much, and I wasn't disappointed. Running Almost Real in a stakes race was overly ambitious, as the poor guy just got gelded AND he hasn't broken his maiden yet. To my defense, the race he was slated for wasn't going to run and I got impatient.

As I sit here pondering things, I wonder what effect CAHs have in the game as opposed to SIM years past, and now that the practice is being sunset, what lingering effect will they have. I'm assuming several players will have at least a really good broodmare or two.

I'm sure I'll have something brilliant to say when I write another column this weekend. Since my O.C. post got a resounding yawn from the faithful, I'll try to keep my Autumn Reeser comments to a minimum (have you SEEN this woman? hot hot hot hot ok enough :))
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

That's great - I thought Trilogy would be a good fit for Trial Park!

I sent out a ton of runners (and just put several horses up on the newbie sales page, I try to cull 5 to 10 horses each results day) this week.

Highlight of the week was Del Mar winning the Florida Derby over a pretty classy field. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Beatofmyheart had a nice return to the races in the Sunshine Millions - next year, these stakes are going to be a heck of a lot tougher, but I'll take it while I can. Case in point would be Dance Faster - I think her only other win has come against state breds, but it was good enough for a 10 length stakes win. That said, like last time, I'm skeptical about how this translates into open company.

Las Vegas won the Rebel Stakes, and Sceptre some stakes at Turf Paradise. Lokite Tragedy was a game second to Image at the Fair Grounds, and keeps postponing retirement with efforts like those. Leftmydreamsbehind, a half-brother to my beloved Racing Heart, won a stakes in Hong Kong, and the last stakes win of the week belongs to Dance Together, who I think I'm finally figuring out.

All in all, a good week.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I about had a heart attack when I checked my results. I had 3 winners this week and 2 were completely unexspected! I was VERY pleased with some other placings that were not winners because several of my horses improved in their running. That made me just as happy.

One of my horses won his first time out in Steeplechasing! Always Blamed won a maiden race, I am very pleased as I tried so hard with him last year on regular races and I am super glad to see him excell at last.

My wonderfull filly Barred won her stakes race that I had sponsered for her. I am so proud of her- she has given me my first stakes win(even if I sponsered it lol) She now has 4 wins in a row. B)

Onthewingsofarumor won a maiden claiming race, vs a small feild but Im still happy, its a win! And I had really done alot of reaserch on distances so, I think this helped point me along.

Really A Pegasus turned in a nice 2nd place in "Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf." and brought home a nice paycheck.

Condor Coronado came in 2nd in the stakes race I had sposered for him, too long of a layoff I think, but hes back now, he brought home a paycheck too.

I need to stopp running all my best horses in the same week and spread them out. The weeks they all run I do well, but in the in between weeks, not so nice. But then again I had some nice surprises this week.

Thanks for everyone who helped me!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

1-0-1-0

Konpaku was my only runner this week and he finished 2nd to a sprinter in a Maiden at Oaklawn. I will send him to a farm a run him at a mile his next start in around 4-5 weeks.