Steward's Year 32 Derby Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Steward's Year 32 Derby Contest

Post by The Steward »

The best-bred and fastest-working juveniles in the game have all been unleashed on the SIM, and they have posted high speed figures and excessive winning margins. What does this have to do with the Year 32 Louisville Derby?

Well, in Year 28, 70% of the 20 runners had broken their maidens by Week 10 Friday, and 80% by Week 11 Friday. In Year 29, 80% of the runners had won by Week 10 Friday, and 90% by Week 11 Friday. That means we can guess that nearly all of next year's Derby field is already out there somewhere. There are already 1,000+ juveniles that have won this year. Can you pick out the 20 that will make it to the Derby?

Think of this as a year-out Triple Crown Trail where you pick all 20 horses. You must make your selections by Saturday, November 26 at noon Pacific.

EMAIL (use the contact us link on every SIM page!!!) me with your 20 Derby horses in alphabetical order for NEXT year. For every horse you have on your list that ends up in the race, you will get a point. Whoever gets the most points, there is a pot of 50,000 Game Points waiting. It will be divided amongst multiple winners if there are any.

Don't forget to check out fillies and horses entered for Week 12!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward's Year 32 Derby Contest

Post by The Steward »

Bill Outsilver is the official winner of the contest! His entry was

Accomplished
Championship Day
Dance With Me Then
Day to Celebrate
Lessard
Loki Don‚t Mess
Medicine
Messiah
Night Fury
Rising Stars
She Loves Me Not
Sides of War
Sorcerer
Stay Inside
Stay Shining
Sun Devil
The Birthright
The Lorax
Wizardry
Zuni Song

which gives him 13 Derby starters. Great job!

Matt Wilson finished second with 12, and Kelley Wachter had 11 but she also had 21 horses so that was void.

Interestingly, of the (very few) 22 entries, 17 of them had San Diego Padre, so he wasn't a surprise last year!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Congratulations, Bill! Nice win!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Apparently I can't count... :oops: I remember being back and forth on a few, maybe that's where I slipped up . Oh well. Look forward to doing it again!

Congrats Bill!
Bill Outsilver
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bill Outsilver »

Wow! Thanks everyone. Appreciate the contest Steward! A little embarrassed I was one of the few that didn't have the actual winner. He was one of my final cuts to get it down to 20.
Winged Tortoise Stables proudly stands:
Dirt Router Safe Passage, stud fee $20k and dirt miler/dirt router Mohaymen , stud fee $30k
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Congrats!