Gibraltar

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Gibraltar

Post by Erin Sanderson »

It could be the Fab Five in the Brisbane Derby. Plus another very, very nice colt. Shaping up to be an amazing race that I think I will be honored to be a part of, win, lose, or draw.

So far, Pictish Warrior and Pride of Atlantis have joined Monster and Gibraltar. Where Rob Roy is going, I'm not sure, but he's still stabled in Australia. (Yes, those are my "Fab Five", five of the best looking turf route three-year-olds in the world.)

And I can't forget Bolderdash. He was fourth in the Hail the Queen behind monstrous performances from Monster, Gibraltar, and Rob Roy, but he's really a very nice colt that's knocking on the door and won powerfully in his last prep.

Is Week 4 Friday here yet? This is going to be exciting!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

And there is Rob Roy. The Fab Five has arrived! This is going to be an amazing race...I might just have to write an article in its honor.

ETA: Yup, I did write an article. Now, whether or not I was too late to get it out before Friday is up in the air.

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Like I predicted, amazing race. Congratulations to Monster for another big win.

Gibraltar was a very strong third, running a speed figure of 89 this time. I think we might seek other options on different circuits for the remainder of the year, however, instead of trying to knock heads with Monster all season.

Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

looking forward to a good race in japan,gibraltar will be a massive test for my fellow,give me some idea about going for the london derby wk9.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Good luck Dave! Worlds Colliding is turning into a really nice colt and I'm looking forward to a rematch :)

Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

thanks Erin,if i manage to finish within a length of gibraltar i'll be more than happy,then we can team up and do a job on MONSTER....LOL.
good luck xx
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Well, we'll see if Gibraltar goes in the Nakayama or waits for a week 8 race. I'm going to be vetting him every couple of days and after week 6 Monday, if I don't like where he is, he will scratch and go in the Japanese 2,000 Guineas. At the moment, I'm sort of leaning toward doing that with the long ship and tough race and two week break.

Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

Same here,worlds will only run if he's 100%,good luck with gibraltar.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

We'll definitely be seeing Worlds Colliding again in the Nakayama! G-man just vetted "dappled and happy", so he is ready to go.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

After a long ship, two monstrous races in a row, and a stumble at the start, Gibraltar still managed to eke out a nose win in the Nakayama Turf over a very classy colt named Down in the Sand with a 75 SF!

G-man will likely be staying in Japan. At this point, I'm leaning toward resting him and waiting for the Japanese Derby, then running in the St. Leger and Japan Cup to end the season.

Dave Mackay1
Classic Contender

Post by Dave Mackay1 »

big congrat's on gibraltars win,sorry i had to pull mine out was'nt 100% when i vetted him,gonna rest him and go for the london derby.you must be really pleased with you're fellow weldone.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Thanks Dave, good luck in London :) Gibraltar will be staying in Japan and going for the Japanese Derby!

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Might I add that Gibraltar's headshot looks very awesome on his webpage? Thanks again to the artist!

http://firstfaithtbds.freehostia.com/sim/gibraltar.html

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Gibraltar is vetting very well and just had a gallop to keep him sharp for the Japanese Derby. I am looking forward to a possible matchup with Bradley Davis's awesome Smoke Red Sun!

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Is it Friday yet? Seriously, I hated having to wait four weeks between races with this guy again! I'm just anxious to see him run :)