West Coast SIMsters?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mark Branch
Miler

Re: West Coast SIMsters?

Post by Mark Branch »

Graham Washington 20 miles from Emerald Downs..and its a beautiful day
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

moved to Seattle from Southern California back in August.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mellisa Rae
Sprinter

Post by Mellisa Rae »

I'm a Washingtonian. I keep moving from city to city but eventually I'll settle down somewhere. I'm moving to Camano Island in a few days, but live in Oak Harbor at the moment. I have this thing with islands :/
Camano View Farms
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Both of the new two year old fillies should hit emerald downs this year, so I'll let everyone know when they are running and offer an open invitation to come down and join us in the paddock and stables. Once racing opens (and I've renewed my paperwork, lol) if anyone wants to go up for breakfast, morning works, and see the stables, let me know!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I live in Bellevue...it's been a couple seasons since we took the kids down to Emerald.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Oregon Bred here. :D
My home base is just north of Portland but currently I am down in the valley going to college.

Gigi, I would kill to take you up on that invite, but Emerald is just a little far for me to visit. :(
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Ali, how far north of Portland? I'm from Vancouver U.S.A (not canada)
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Well, north-west of Portland. I'm from the St. Helens area (no not on the volcano :lol: ).

You have no idea how many times I tell people I am from St. Helens, Oregon and the look at me and say "Oh, you live on Mt. St. Helens? How much ash did you get from the eruption?" :roll:
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I know exactly where that is. I used to run barrels over there almost every weekend.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

At Strobels? I miss that parking lot. The best I have ever seen at a private barn.
The footing was always a little deep for my taste, but then I'm not a gamer.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Ali Hedgestone wrote:At Strobels? I miss that parking lot. The best I have ever seen at a private barn.
The footing was always a little deep for my taste, but then I'm not a gamer.
Yes, but unless she's changed it in the 2-3 years I've been there, there basically is no parking lot (not sure what depth of ground has to do with gaming since she maybe has only 3 gaming shows there a year compared to barrel races nearly every weekend during most seasons).
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

By parking lot I mean large gravel area in front of the barn. Or at least it used to be gravel, it's been over 4 years since I've been there. Compared to many other barns in the area the parking area there is huge and you can actually turn a trailer around easily.

To me barrel racing is grouped in with gaming. Not that I have anything against gaming or barrel racing, it just never was for me. My horses would get to bored with it and the draft I have wouldn't have a chance. :lol: As for the footing, I've been told that the deeper it is the better 'grip' horses can get. Not that I necessarily believe it, but it's what I have heard. The last time I rode there the footing (dirt) was a couple of inches deep when it was harrowed.

Do you still ride Melissa?
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Yes, but I don't have any rideable horses at home. My only rideable horse is down in Texas with me.