And the winner is.....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

And the winner is.....

Post by Mike Eaton »

Tough to decide. Let's see why.

Chani and Fanta signed up for Simvivor season 1 with only 8 other people both with the desire to win. Chani an early favorite showed why throughout with her outgoing personality, involvement, creativity, and the focus of never losing to anyone. Going into battle almost every time if not every time her team lost and coming out a survivor it really proved that she would deserve the title. Through all her challenges she proved why she was the one to beat and on the way gained friends and competitive enemies because Chani is known to be the biggest competitor. She would never lose. .

Fanta on the other hand, kept to herself which caused her to avoid most battles as know one had a reason to vote her in. She got all her things completed and done well so her team was happy and she was not one that was to be voted in challenges just to pray she would lose the battle because at the beginning she was not one of the favorites. This kind of led her into the top four and since then as a solo she proved she could keep up and when paired with chani showed she was just as competitve. Two very different strategies. One quite one fearless.

In my opinion Chani really showed strength winning all battles. She really did everything I wanted the game to do by causing a little fun drama and just making everyone want to take her down. Fun stuff! Was that strategy to make the game dramatic and real wrong? Did Fanta make the right choice by not only being strong when called upon but not causing any issues so battles were not her calling? In a 12 to 10 vote the public believed Chani really deserved the victory going by the whole season. I felt Fanta being such a surprise and being ere against such a strong player as Chani is really inspiring.

This challenge the finalist were asked to create a team. Chani called upon Justin, Leo, and Iggy. After a rough personal busy week Chani really needed a team there and had supporting words. Words however are not better then actions. The players were asked to participate in at least one thing and I felt by summary this did not happen. Iggy deserves a gold star for starring in Chani's video, and doing the major amount of the flyer. Also recruiting the players was done mostly by him. I hope he comes back next season because people need him must do so!

Fanta called upon Clinton, Gigi, and Joe and to a surprise all participated and dominated. They recruited 9 players for next season to Chani's 3. The whole task was to get players to join and they blew me away. With a flawless summary all players really impressed me and I hope all three decide to come back. Gigi with her letter from her previous battle, desire, and this challenged message to me I felt like she really deserved a pat on the back and a kick into you better do season 2. The teams seemed pretty even at first but I felt Fanta's team impressed me most, and she chose the right people to back her.

The commercial. Chani had Iggy do the commercial and for me it was decent. It is bold to put yourself on camera and share with the world and I felt doing this you deserved the gold star you got earlier. I am camera shy. The quality was basically not really what you would see on Tv though. Fanta's team pitched an original idea that I loved and then had to change it due to audio problems. It was disappointing not to get idea #1 but as a really commercial I would not see there final really on tv either but for what we were doing I thought it was decent. With a close vote Chani got the public pick, however I thought to represent simvivor Fanta's would be a little better suit for this kind of recruiting.

They also needed to make a flyer. Chani's was really made by Iggy and edited by Chani and it was kind of plain but professional. I liked the pictures and how really it looked and if it was going to be printed out and handed out as a flyer on the street it would do the trick. However, if the flyer was going to be posted in a bullitin Fantas really would catch the eye. Very creative idea and colorful. It would really get people to see what it was. Depending what I wanted I feel this could go either way.

Finally I asked the previous contestants to send in votes and reasoning and to my surprise the voting came out completely equal. One players though really caught my eyes and inspired me. Taking everything in this final challenge and the whole season with words like "always helpful, supportive, and plays with a great positive attitude" to describe a player that made it this far and to see that the person would really use the prize the most , I have decided by everything mostly my opinion on who should get the win and be season 1 winner is .... FANTA. Congrats, I look up to your great job and keeping up with everything and really admire Chani's competitiveness but I feel Fanta you deserve this and did just as well to get here.

Chani, really you did so well and deserve it to but I felt Fanta just banged this final task out a little better and did just as good in a different likeable way. HEr team really did it for her here. I really hope you return next season with 1/9 odds.

Thanks everyone who participated in being in this season or just watching. Sign up for season 2 now! I will; take sign ups until Dec 16. Season 2 will start during break being bigger and better!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: And the winner is.....

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Congrats to Fanta!
And a HUGE thanks to you Mike for putting this on - it was a BLAST and I can't wait for the next round!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Congrats Fanta! You did a great job!

Thanks a million for running this Mike, it was great fun!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Congrats Fanta!!!!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

You guys are epic! Thank you so, so much!

I couldn't have made it this far without my team backing me each step of the way from the original Team Hotwalkers to Gigi, Clinton, and Joe.! I wish everyone a fun and exciting Season 2!

And Mike, thanks soo much for bringing this incredible game to the SIM! Here's hoping that Season 2 is just as thrilling!
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee