Season 2 Official Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Re: Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Sally's Sweetie suddenly slides standward seeking supper, cutting off Black Mamba Jama severely in the process.
Vincent Barratt
Sprinter

Post by Vincent Barratt »

Black Mamba Spice raised her body by 1/3 and propelled herself into an easy lead 14mph, Yellow Race Mountains felt inferior as he saw his match glide across the terrain, but he would not quit and soon found his rhythm, left to right, left to right.
Vincent Barratt
Sprinter

Post by Vincent Barratt »

Mud flats, Black Mamba hated mud flats, using her keeled belly scales all she could do was grope, Yellow Race Mountains went past side winding, pulling tongues.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Team Zosimos, here is our story so far

As dawn breaks at Slither Downs at the first Saturday in June, all the the snakes slithering in the Poison Derby are awaiting their daily ration of chopped mice. One of them was Dusty Diamond a Diamondback Rattler whose proved himself as one of the best slitherers there is winning the Fountain of Sclaes a G2 and the Bloody Derby a G1.

Dusty Diamond's biggest rival and also known as one of fastest snakes in the world is Black Mamba Jama.

Black Mamba Jama is most famous for being disqualified from his win the GI Slither Cup Juvenile after eating a fellow contestant during the race

Unknown to many, the contestant eaten by Black Mamba Jama was brother of Dusty Diamond.
Dusty Diamond knows that revenge is best served after his victory in this race. He slithers up the rail passing Garden Marvin and little red head as he does.

In a shocker, Sally's Sweetie slips into the second slot, closely followed by Dusty Diamond and Ricky's Rattler.

But wait, what's this?

Black Mamba Jama is slithering up on the outside, Sally's Sweetie is in his senses!

Sally's Sweetie suddenly slides standward seeking supper, cutting off Black Mamba Jama severely in the process.
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

The crowd gasps at the sight, and there is a flurry of confetti as outraged bettors tear up their tickets; Garden Marvin had been the heavy favorite! The majority of the field checks sharply in their own surprise, though Little Redhead bravely slithers on.
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

On the rail, In Your Pocket takes advantage of the pileup and wriggles up quickly. The tiny snake -- the runt of his clutch -- becomes Little Red Head's newest competitor for the lead, followed in turn by Ouroboros, Jormungandr, and Yummy Apple, with Balls And Sack still laboring at the back of the pack.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

in your pocket sheds his extra weight and leaves his baby skin behind and takes the lead as they turn for home.
Last edited by Xander Zone 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

yummy apple spits out last night mouse and ducks down a hole and slashes out a tongue in front at the wire all the others still in slither awe of this move begin to coil around yummy apple and!!!
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Team At The Wire seems to be the only team that understands the instructions I guess the rest of you are screwed.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

The two snakes lunged ahead---neither willing to give up an inch-- alternating the lead, it looks like the Yellow Race Mountains, the ordinary snake from the mountains of Arkansas may pull off the upset in this match-up.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Our final story... it's not much, but:

With the yellow bellied racer, Yellow Race Mountains, out of the Ozarks of Arkansas as the slight underdog while surprising the world with his speed and the favored black mamba, Black Mamba Spice, from the African country of Botswana lining up, the crowd is quietly looking on, as they're lining up for the highly anticipated duel between two of the world's top ranked snakes.

Black Mamba Spice raised her body by 1/3 and propelled herself into an easy lead 14mph, Yellow Race Mountains felt inferior as he saw his match glide across the terrain, but he would not quit and soon found his rhythm, left to right, left to right. Mud flats, Black Mamba hated mud flats, using her keeled belly scales all she could do was grope, Yellow Race Mountains went past side winding, pulling tongues.

The two snakes lunged ahead---neither willing to give up an inch-- alternating the lead, it looks like the Yellow Race Mountains, the ordinary snake from the mountains of Arkansas may pull off the upset in this match-up.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Team Zosimos-

Your entries are supposed to be 1 sentence per entry. You get one sentence going down the list, and one sentence going back up. That means you shouldn't be writing more than 2 sentences for the entire contest!!!
Shayna Cross
Classic Contender

Post by Shayna Cross »

and worried trainers watched as the team of Mongooses (specially trained to break up fights among the snakes, and rewarded by eating the snake that inistigated it) moved in to hustle Tasty Apple to the winners enclosure, a glass box type area the snake could go into so the owners and press could get close without being bitten by any poisonous snakes.
"The Horse is a mirror to your soul...
and sometimes you might not like what you see in the mirror."
-Brannaman

The Studs
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

The press fight, pushing eachother around to get to Tasty Apple's owner, once they got to where she was standing they relized she was gone, along with tasty apple and everyone else. one of the people from the press looks at their watch and relizes they had been fighting for over 20 min. feeling like idiots they leave.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

We're done! I really enjoyed this one!

They are under starter's orders for the inaugural wiggling of the Grand Snakenational at Scalestree, a beautiful old track not far from Slitherpool - tension is in the air, and the starter is having trouble getting all his snakes in a row before he can drop the flag and the race can begin! It takes a few minutes to get all of the snakes in line; when they are all in line the race begins!

The wooden mouse takes off on the inner rail as the two speedsnakes, Garden Marvin and Little Red Head, take the early lead! Garden Marvin and Little Redhead slither into the first turn with Balls and Sack taking up the rear; without warning a guarding owl swoops down and grasps Garden Marvin in his talons. The crowd gasps at the sight, and there is a flurry of confetti as outraged bettors tear up their tickets (Garden Marvin had been the heavy favorite!); the majority of the field checks sharply in their own surprise, though Little Redhead bravely slithers on. On the rail, In Your Pocket takes advantage of the pileup and wriggles up quickly. The tiny snake -- the runt of his clutch -- becomes Little Red Head's newest competitor for the lead, followed in turn by Ouroboros, Jormungandr, and Yummy Apple, with Balls And Sack still laboring at the back of the pack.

In Your Pocket sheds his extra weight and leaves his baby skin behind and takes the lead as they turn for home. Yummy Apple spits out last night's mouse, ducks down a hole and slashes out a tongue in front at the wire - all the others still in slither awe of this move begin to coil around Yummy Apple!!! Worried trainers watched as the team of mongooses (specially trained to break up fights among the snakes, and rewarded by eating the snake that instigated it) moved in to hustle Tasty Apple to the winners enclosure, a glass box type area the snake could go into so the owners and press could get close without being bitten by any poisonous snakes. The press fight, pushing each other around to get to Tasty Apple's owner; once they got to where she was standing they realized she was gone, along with Tasty Apple and everyone else - one of the people from the press looks at their watch and realizes they had been fighting for over 20 minutes, so feeling like idiots they leave.

The story doesn't end there however - Tasty Apple's owner is soon found bound and gagged in her tack room, and an ominous ransom note is found clawed into Tasty Apple's stable door...
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.