Season 2 Official Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

The last sentence is my last one...in case that isn't obvious, :)
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Blue Cashew wrote:
Iggy Timeeczech wrote:Team Zosimos, here is our story so far

As dawn breaks at Slither Downs at the first Saturday in June, all the the snakes slithering in the Poison Derby are awaiting their daily ration of chopped mice. One of them was Dusty Diamond a Diamondback Rattler whose proved himself as one of the best slitherers there is winning the Fountain of Sclaes a G2 and the Bloody Derby a G1.

Dusty Diamond's biggest rival and also known as one of fastest snakes in the world is Black Mamba Jama.
Black Mamba Jama is most famous for being disqualified from his win the GI Slither Cup Juvenile after eating a fellow contestant during the race

Unknown to many, the contestant eaten by Black Mamba Jama was brother of Dusty Diamond.
Dusty Diamond knows that revenge is best served after his victory in this race. He slithers up the rail passing Garden Marvin and little red head as he does.

In a shocker, Sally's Sweetie slips into the second slot, closely followed by Dusty Diamond and Ricky's Rattler.

But wait, what's this?

Black Mamba Jama is slithering up on the outside, Sally's Sweetie is in his senses!

Sally's Sweetie suddenly slides standward seeking supper, cutting off Black Mamba Jama severely in the process.
"This one for you brother" is what Dusty Diamond said as he siezed the opportunity and slither past Sally's Sweetie and Black Mamba Jama.
The crowd goes wild as Dusty Diamond crosses the wire first!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Dusty Diamond became the 132nd recipient of the Poison Derby Trophy joining such greats as; Ssssecretariat, War Viper, Mine that Snake and others.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Team Zosimos is now finished. Here is our story...

As dawn breaks at Slither Downs at the first Saturday in June, all the the snakes slithering in the Poison Derby are awaiting their daily ration of chopped mice. One of them was Dusty Diamond a Diamondback Rattler whose proved himself as one of the best slitherers there is winning the Fountain of Sclaes a G2 and the Bloody Derby a G1.

Dusty Diamond's biggest rival and also known as one of fastest snakes in the world is Black Mamba Jama.

Black Mamba Jama is most famous for being disqualified from his win the GI Slither Cup Juvenile after eating a fellow contestant during the race

Unknown to many, the contestant eaten by Black Mamba Jama was brother of Dusty Diamond.

Dusty Diamond knows that revenge is best served after his victory in this race. He slithers up the rail passing Garden Marvin and little red head as he does.

In a shocker, Sally's Sweetie slips into the second slot, closely followed by Dusty Diamond and Ricky's Rattler.

But wait, what's this?

Black Mamba Jama is slithering up on the outside, Sally's Sweetie is in his senses!

Sally's Sweetie suddenly slides standward seeking supper, cutting off Black Mamba Jama severely in the process.

"This one for you brother" is what Dusty Diamond said as he siezed the opportunity and slither past Sally's Sweetie and Black Mamba Jama.

The crowd goes wild as Dusty Diamond crosses the wire first!

Dusty Diamond became the 132nd recipient of the Poison Derby Trophy joining such greats as; Ssssecretariat, War Viper, Mine that Snake and others.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Results with judges comments hopfully up by tomorrow or sooner!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

The Results and judges commentary

Mike Said...

Team Zosimos- Your team was jumbled with the rules and some players noticed and I wished you communicated fully before jumping in. Your story was a bit dull for me. It read smooth just material was not great. Good coming up with names though. If you followed the rules you would have gotten second but because it was not fully fixed in the case I have to rank you 3rd.

Team The Grinches- Your story was most entertaining for me. Clever, easy to read, and fun. Good team work. You however messed up with how I wanted things done and even though the story was must the best I have to rank you second for not following the rules. Great job though.

Team At The Wire- Your team was the only one to follow the rules so I rank you first for this. Your story however for only two people was fine but I liked the others a bit better. Good job by the two of you for communication and working together well because you followed the rules you did get first for me.

Fanta said.....

Team Zosimos- Ranked 2nd Their story too was inventive with the parody of such names as "Mine That Snake" "War Viper" "Slither Downs" and the "Fountain of Scales". It too flowed with detail and offered back ground on several of the "competitors" in the story. Very enjoyable.

Team The Grinches- Ranked 1st wrote a story that was highly entertaining and easy to follow. The story just seemed to flow as I read it, plus I really liked the use of mythology in the names of the competitors such as Jormungandr from Norse mythology and Ouroboros. Their story was incredibly detailed and very inventive.

Team At The Wire- Their story was entertaining and it had great detail. It offered suspense at the end, and I enjoyed reading the segments about Black Mamba Spice. Ranked 3rd

Chani said-

Team Zosimos- ranked 3rd "Good story, needed something else to happen at the wire, a surprise or twist. But overall it was okay"

Team The Grinches- Ranked 2nd. "Hilarity ensues. Great story, had a blast reading it with the creativity"

Team At The Wire- "Gutsy short story with only 2 writers. I'm impressed at the work and initiative they took to get the job done under the wire, and as per rule guidelines." Ranked 1st

The results.....

The zosimos was ranked 3rd, 3rd, 2nd to average 2.6666 to finish in 3rd place

The Grinches was ranked 1st, 2nd, 2nd to average 1.6666 to tie but because of the rules finished 2nd

At The Wire was ranked 1st, 1st, 3rd to average 1.6666 to tie for first but because they followed rules finished 1st

So At The Wire you win! Emily however for not participating will have to be in the battle. The Grinches for being second all that is required is Gigi to message me who she wants in the battle. Team zosimos you finished last. I need everyone to send me a message of who they want in the battle by Monday 8pm est. Iggy is in battle being captain and failing. Iggy can nominate someone to automatically be in battle if he wants. Also Madelene gained immunity for letting me know who was and who wasnt doing good.

So lets get back to me ASAP if you need to.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

In Battle this week is....

Emily
Iggy
Francis
Stacy
Cheyenne

2 will be eliminated unless greater then two do not take part.

Task- Post on the forum your biggest threat and why. This will be judged based on creativity. You just must illustrate a name somehow weather you write reasoning, make a story, draw a picture anything. Sure this may be awkward but get over it, the winner of this would. Good luck and have fun. Due by Wed at 3pm est time.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Shayna Cross
Classic Contender

Post by Shayna Cross »

‘Ah. Gotta love this beautiful scenery on the island’. I at on a rock not far from the water, my dark brown hair pulled back in a sharp ponytail…well, as sharp as a ponytail could look. The weather was awesome, the sun far felt warm and soft on my back. I sighed as I look at my bleach white legs, I could use a tan. Sharp voices rose from behind me and I looked over my shoulder at the jungle that concealed the camps from my sight. The voices were to far away to distinguish their owners; they were probably in the one of the farther off camps or the Meeting Place. Other noises filtered on the warm breeze, most of them sounded like they were working on something, other sounded strained and angry. Drama was starting to form already in the camps, not to mention what cold happenings took place when people from opposing camps crossed paths. Their busy voices sadly reminded me why I was here. To win a game, not relax in the sunshine and soak up the all the vitamin D I could. So I lazily stand, grab my backpack and begin to hike back to my camp. As I enter the jungle, I trod down a well worn path, one that led directly toward the camps. The path forked off to one side, and a large banner reading “Zosimos” hung where I could easily see it. The clearing was easy to see from here also, and several people wandered within, talking, shouting and working on small camp tasks. Someone standing in the middle of the hustle and bustle caught my eye. Madeline Gilbert. Her demeanor spelled smart and crafty, the sort of person that could make it far here. Quite frankly, she seemed to be a major obstacle in my path for fame and fortune. Her eyes swung toward me, and met mine. My spine shivered in response. Of course not from fear, it was from the evening chill…Duh.
So, I jogged off down the trail, I soon saw the fork that led off toward my camp, but why go home yet? Why not slip down to the “At the Wire” team and see what they are up to? So that’s what I did. Using all the Ninja skills I knew, I slipped down the path that led to their campsite. I sat where they hopefully couldn’t see me and I assessed the team. Only three people remained on this team, and their campsite was quiet because of it. I spied Emily sitting on a long not far from their camp fire, maybe fixing supper. She was a sweet girl, perhaps to sweet to win this game. Then I saw Ashley. She had a very strong look about her, physically and mentally. She moved her arm to point something out for Emily. Is that a tattoo of a skull on her arm? She had a leadership look about her too. Even a mean streak. She seemed to be a huge obstacle for myself and my Team and myself. Ashley looked my direction and I stood quickly, running back down the path toward my camp.
As I slipped into the “Grinches” camp, a camp that probably had been having the least amount of drama so far. I spied several of my teammates sitting around the fire, warding off the chill and the darkness that was quickly settling over the Island. That’s when I saw who I would have to knock off of the island to win. Her hands over the fire, she talked with rest of the team, serious and collected. I always liked her. I enjoyed talking to her. But compete against her? I mumble her name under my breath when I look at my yearlings gallops and when I sit in the stands watching my horses desperately trying to catch the leaders. I stopped just outside of the firelight, watching her with almost cold eyes. She looked up and waved me over to join the team. I fixed a smile on my face and sat down beside her. Maybe the drama for this team was just getting started.
"The Horse is a mirror to your soul...
and sometimes you might not like what you see in the mirror."
-Brannaman

The Studs
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Iggy takes a few minutes aside to have his "diary" log with the camera:

"So I think I have picked out my stiffest competition. That Ashley Gibson looks pretty tough, she really seems to be a strong leader on her team. When you look at her, you can see the wheels turning in her head. Pretty sure she has her ideal final three all figured out. She had a killer battle submission last week and I think I saw her trying to communicate with several of my teammates over the last couple days. I am also 99% sure she telepathically caused us to mess up this week which lead to us losing........Okay, maybe not the telepathic thing, but the rest of it I am pretty sure of. Though, now that I think of it, she may really have been sneezing and not trying to tell my teammates to lose since I was the captain. And really, she may well have been thinking of the food she would like to eat when she gets of this island. I wonder if her teammates are letting her take some leadership just to make her a target for the rest of us.....Okay, so maybe there really isn't any reason after all, but we will say Ashley Gibson. Yeah, that's the ticket."
Francis Filart
Two Year Old

Post by Francis Filart »

Walking back to the camp as we were told collect twigs for our fire when I heard footsteps coming from my right. I dropped down to the ground and crawled to a nearby bush to conceal myself. As I surveyed the surroundings, there she was picking berries.....it was Ashley. Something about her was very different from he others, she was very pro at this, like she know what she was doing. She would make a very good captain ...... I knew from that point hat I had to watch my back from her. I stayed behind the bush for about 10 more minutes to make sure it was good to go and I headed back to our camp rememberIng who I had to watch.
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

A knock on the polyester fabric of my tent door startled me from slumber. Even though it was only a faint muffle, I was sleeping so lightly, so strenuous had the day's activities been. The night was black and the stars were covered with a heavy blanket of fog. Groggy, I rubbed my eyes and got up, wincing at the dull ache in my back that had been there for many days. I unzipped the tent door, hearing the faint crackle of Velcro in the stillness of the night. My eyes opened wide in surprise as I realized my visitor. It was Gigi, looking menacingly at me. I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could answer, she cut me off with a few venomous words.

"You have no chance of winning this contest. Get back to where you came from," she spat, clenching her fists.

“I have just as much right to be here as you,” I protested sleepily, not feeling much fight in my bones.

“You’re just a newcomer. You shouldn’t even be on this island,” Gigi replied. Her eyes were filled with fire, and I saw that in her clenched fists, there was a wadded up piece of paper. What?

“What do you have in your hand?” I queried, puzzled.

Gigi laughed maniacally, unfolding the paper and waving it in front of my unsuspecting nose.

“It’s a petition to get you off the island. I’m getting everyone to sign it, and they will. No one likes you. No one wants you here.”

“But Ashley…Vinny…” I blubbered, but she cut me off again.

“You let them down in the last contest. They aren’t very happy with you right now. You’re a failure, Emily. Get off the island,” Gigi hissed, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

Anger and a little bit of fear was bubbling in my blood at this point. I was afraid of Gigi, it was true. She was good. Very, very good. She was always on the ball, doing good things for her team and competing with the strength of a thousand SIMsters. She was creative and impulsive, whereas I, the lowly newcomer, had dropped the ball in the last contest. The snake races had gone on without me because of my foolishness. Ashley hadn’t spoken a word to me since then. Neither had Vinny (although I don’t recall he ever had). No, Gigi was my biggest fear and challenge on the island, but I was still surprised at the amount of hatred that she was showing towards me right now.

“I’m staying on this island until I get eliminated, Gigi,” I puffed back at her, my chest swimming with bravado. “You won’t get rid of me this easy.”

“We’ll see about that!” she huffed, shoving the paper back towards my face. “See? I already have three signatures.”

It was too dark to read the names, but, indeed, there were three stains of black ink marking the crumpled, browned paper. My heart fell as she stomped away back to her own team’s camp, head held high in triumph.

Was Gigi really out to get me?
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Francis and Cheyenne were eliminated. Judges voted Emilys best and Iggy's second best. Stacy did not take part which lead to dismissal.

Iggy due to being highly disturbed working with Madelene for her work ethics was moved to team 3 AT The Wire to see if he can help the team survive.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Lol. Good luck Iggy... ;)
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

We are thrilled to have Iggy on our team!
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Captains I assigned due to they need to step up....
Blue
Nan
Emily

Challenge- I hope you have your singing voice ready, I need to hear someone on each team sing. Ive given you a few nights off guessing you would be enjoying by the campfire singing your team anthems. I want you to create a team anthem illustrating your desires to win. The captains must get everyone involved and they must send me a summary of how each person on the team did. Make a song and record it for me and the other judges to listen to by Monday at 4pm est time. If you do not like what someone is doing message me. If captains do not send me a summary they will be eliminated automatically. If they say someone took zero part they will be into battle. Whoever sings for the team will get immunity unless the whole team messages me saying not to.

Good luck!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)