Season 2 Official Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Mike Eaton »

I will say being a game it should be fun but being a competition in a survival setting you would not have fun but have a competitive drive to win. I did not extend the deadline because it was to short which it may have been however people got it done, but because a few people lost internet because of the storm. I would expect it may take up to an hour each coming up with ideas and maybe the same time to record your part. If I did not have deadlines this would go on for almost a whole sim year. I will take in consideration the amount of work vs play and time and try to work it out for the future. Sorry and thanks.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Results will be up within the next day max two
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

before I post some harsh eliminations and who goes into battle later today anyone want to message me about how bad or good their teamate was?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Results- Soooo Skippy and Ashley no effort = eliminated. Gigi had small efforts as I got messages with ideas she submitted and the desire to do something but with no submission will automatically be in battle this week.

Now on to the challenge....

I thought....

Ranked 1 for me.... Nan and Vinny. Nan you were funny, into it, and I loved everything you did with it. This is what I wanted to say and you got it done in great time. Vinny you got yours done, was a bit dry for me but I can tell you tried. Nan blew everyone away so I had to give the team 1st.

Ranked 2 for me..... Not that the material was better it may have been a tiny bit worse but Maddy and Iggy got second for me due to the great realness of the video and to see both on screen together was great. Basic improv that had me smile because of the realness...it was true fun. I actually was upset about how well these two seemed to do together....grr lol

Ranked 3 for me ....Clinton and Emily. Did Emily participate. Clinton was one of those got with issues this week to get extended but where was Emily. Happy birthday to her? The material was decent not as good as nan a little better then Vinny's no teamwork seen really hurt you here for me.

This is what Fanta said....

Nan and Vinny, perfect teamwork. I loved how they formed a cohesive unit. Kudos guys, you made me smile =D Nan, your noir bit had me rolling on the floor and Vinny... the Anger emotion with making up your bed was simply awesome. I was sold on the anger. Ranked 1

Ranked 2 giving the benefit of the doubt to Emily ... Clinton: Your creativity continues to astound me. The Bear Grillz was drop dead hilarious. Especially with the use of words like: ghetto and packin. I laughed so hard I woke my dad up (who was sleeping, two rooms away from my room). The Sasquatch segment was also incredible, it reminded me of the Blair Witch Project... with one exception: it was waayyyy better.

Iggy and Maddy: I really liked how you two were able to chat back and forth and actually have it on a split screen for the final video. It really made it much easier to follow. On the humor side of things, to me it was lacking just a bit in comparison to the others. Your teamwork with each other; however, was a great thing to see.

Chani followed with

Iggy and Maddie..
I loved the teamwork! You could see that although this was a challenging task, they rose to the occasion and really communicated so much that they were feeding off one another. The videos had me in stitches over the blunders and successes. The question game seemed to give the most trouble it went on for a long time... very well done.

Clinton
I think you did well with J.J. As an ECE student I love having serious convos with kids. I love how your wife did your homework. Who needs competitors when you have a scheming wife? Thankfully I have never been in the mens room at the game, so I never had to deal with someone talking to me face to face while taking a *. Although a very disturbing scenario, if you had just spoken up a bit clearly, it was hard to follow, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more. Bear Grillz skit was very fun to watch, not as humorous, but definitely unique. Enjoyed the solo attempts.

Nan and Vincent
Nan was wonderfully funny, very well done, each skit was creative and you could see that she went the extra mile. With Vincent, you can see that they communicated well as a team, but I found that the quality in his audio was off. I couldn't hear him half the time, he was stationary in a lot of the performances. When has their been a chair in an elevator? In improve, if you don't have it, at least make the situation look real. In the end after the making the bed routine which was really well done, I couldn't be bothered to finish watching Vincents videos.. I had to stop each one before the ending cause I got bored or had difficulty understanding what he was saying.. oops.

Didnt rank them unless I missed it.....

So the order of finish is...

1. NAN and Vinny
2. Maddy and Iggy
3. Clinton and Emily....

So because Chani didnt rank completly.... Clinton if you say Emily did not participate she will auto go into battle. IF she did you both will. Otherwise Nan and Vinny you get the choice to put either Maddy or Iggy in the battle if you wish to..you dont have to... All this information is due to me by Sunday at 12pm est.

So far in battle....

Gigi
Emily
Maybe Clinton.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Vinny has decided he can not continue. In the battle is GIGI EMILY and the winning team decided MADDY should give it a go. Only 1 will be eliminated. The battle request that by WED at 3pm est time you have a more creative visualization of your opinion on simvivor then your fellow competitors. Good luck!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Okay, here's mine! Points for being first, Mike???
For those of you on your lunch breaks with nothing to do, here's a little racing puzzle! The answers to each clue are a racehorse worthy of taking a little moment to remember and celebrate, and the first letters of each horse's name will spell out another horse - one of the best ever - and my opinion of Simvivor! Can you get them all???

_____ Belmont winner the year I was born; not the only astronomically important event that year!
_____ Gagner ici a été laborieux!
_____ Literally, the great, great, great….grandaddy of ‘em all!
_____ Sponsors were lucky with this Grand National winner!
_____ This ‘Darley-ng’ king’s son returned to the land of his ancestors, and no, it wasn’t Canada
_____ She went under three times, but each time came up a winner
_____ This all-American winner made it look like child’s play

_____ This Bohemian lost his prize for a wrong turn, but it was a sweet outcome for the runner up.
_____ Hopefully living in Oregon’s wine country won’t erode this Derby winner’s performance in the shed.
_____ Even with a Black Eye, this filly puts on a smile regardless
_____ This unusual Triple Crown winner went on to conquer the world
_____ This jughead smashed all the barriers, even literally
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Entry #52
I was able to steal a piece of scrap paper off of Iggy for this entry. Team mates are cool, but seriously go use a leaf or something if you’re looking for toilet paper. Paper is way too precious; I think I would have lost my mind by now if I wasn’t able to write…

I can’t believe I’ve lasted this long. I’ve been here…a month? Grief it feels like years. This island feels like it’s getting smaller by the second. Too bad Nan and Vinny won the shower challenge this week; I could really use some shampoo and soap. My scalp has been itching something fierce and the grim has become caked in all my bodily crevices. I think I’ve got fleas too. That’s alright, the million dollars will be worth it.

How many people are left? Vinny had to drop out due to a bad case of the shingles. Emily disappeared this week. I heard what sounded like a very hungry jaguar a few days ago; I hope she’s not cat food stuck up in a tree somewhere. Gigi started talking out loud, even when she wasn’t asleep. I fear she won’t last long as well. I’m voting for Iggy to stay as long as possible; he’s been my closest “friend” from the beginning and I’d hate to see him go. Clinton was placed on another team. I’d almost forgotten he was still here. And then there’s Nan. Hmmm… maybe I could slip some rancid into her food. Except most of our food is rancid to begin with.

Uh oh. I hear the hunting party. Time to put down the pencil. Must collect more firewood before I give the others good cause to vote me off...

ETA: I was going to come up with a witty comic, but after several doodles turned out looking nothing like doodles, I defaulted to a journal entry. At least I've got something turned in?
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

So emily is out for not participating. I will say the challenge and info to come will most likely be up Saturday. Def not earlier. Have a good next few days with each other....
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Who is left...

Clinton - Even though he has not came out on top the last few challenges, his single handed work ethic will help him out with the next challenge or two. Plus he did well season 1.

Gigi- Watch the innocent ones ...they win these things ( see Fanta ). Was on season 1 keeping quit but getting by season 2. No ones enemy as far as I know.

Iggy- The final season 1 that is left ( 3 out of 5 ) to talk about here. Always on top of things, and shows great dedication. Did most of Chani's final work so he will know how to get the finale done if he gets there.

Maddy- Keep throwing her darts and she is like the matrix doing some crazy stunts around obstacles. People seemed to have targeted her a threat from week 1 yet she is still here. The question is weather or not she has the time or will the island ware her out.

Nan- Also a new comer. I am glad Nan is here as I never really communicated with Nan through the sim ever. The judges were GREATLY impressed with the last performance and may even call it the performance of the year. Quite in the game, skilled on the Island. A great chance at this.

Again see you Saturday final 5.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

So lucky you guys a program somehow floated on shore so for this weeks challenge you will have the time to handicap this week. The three race links below are the races you must handicap. Once someone has chosen a horse no one else can pick that horse. So the quicker you post your picks the better. The scores will be avg based on position your horse came in. You finish 1st 1st 7th you avg 3rd. The worst score will be automatically be put into battle. The best score will get to choice who else goes to battle. Basic challenge here. Good luck.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=241239

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=241454

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=241238

IF someone picks the winner in all three races = the first person to pick has a big advantage.....you will not only be safe this week but also next week=sail into the final 3.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Race 1: Here Comes the Sun
Race 2: 'Ello Boys
Race 3: Never Going to Cry

As an added bonus, I challenge the other players to put your money on your picks! Maybe someone can walk away with a nice little cash present.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

1. Streetfire
2. Resplendance
3. The Keeper
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

1. Ignite My Power
2. A Moment A Love
3. Awakeandburning
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

No Nonsense
Orange Sky
Awakeandready
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

1.Dramatic Actress (NO CHANCE)
2.Danzzling Heights
3.Jamaican Patois

I wish I would have seen this sooner. Blah.......UGLY PICKS. I might as well get myself ready for this upcoming battle.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000