Candy Stripes

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

Candy Stripes, Sire of Invasor, Dies in Argentina
Candy Stripes, sire of 2006 Horse of the Year Invasor, died Feb. 28 at Haras Carampagne in San Antonio de Areco in Argentina because of colic. The son of Blushing Groom was 25.

Candy Stripes not only sired Argentine-bred Invasor, who won last year's Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) and also was champion older male, but additional North American graded stakes winners Criollito, Different, Leroidesanimaux, Lundy's Liability, Sweetest Thing, and Victory Stripes.

Leroidesanimaux, a multiple grade I winner, earned an Eclipse Award as best turf male of 2005, and Sweetest Thing was a Canadian turf champion distaffer. Different also was a multiple grade I winner.

Bred in Kentucky by Allen Cowen, Candy Stripes raced in France, winning two of six races and running second in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I). He was returned to North America in 1986, then was sent to Argentina two years later. Following a good deal of success south of the equator, he was imported to the U.S. in 1997 to stand at the Taylor family's Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky. He shuttled to Argentina during that time and later ended up back in that South American country.

Candy Stripes, who is out of the Lyphard mare Bubble Company, sired 59 stakes winners and the earners of $28.8 million. As a broodmare sire, he is represented by U.S. grade I winner Candy Ride.

Candy Stripes' death came shortly after the pensioning of another son of Blushing Groom, 28-year-old Runaway Groom, from stallion duty.
Link:: <a href='http://breeding.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=37792' target='_blank'>http://breeding.bloodhorse.com/viewstor ... d=37792</a>

Awww...
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

:( RIP.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

RIP Candy Stripes
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

RIP Enjoy your life in horsey heaven.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

For some reason I thought he was already dead...probably because an article or two I had read on Invasor labelled Candy Stripes as "late."
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.