Week 4 Results!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

13: 2-2-1 $222,350

Content Broke her Maiden!!!!
Idle Thoughts won the Tara's Touch S.!!!!!!
Dream Win 2nd in teh UAE Derby!!!

Lots of 4ths and 5ths and off the boards too.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Up to 12 stakes wins and 12 juvy wins on the year. 10 wins and a disproprotionate number of places and shows (16 and 27). Highlights this week include Jitterbug and Camera Obscura winning baby stakes races.

Curio and Democracy ran nice place results in the UAE Oaks and Arkansas Derby while seeming to want longer.

-Daryl
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I was 8:3-0-2 for the week. All my wins were 2yos, so...not bad, I suppose!

My Lost in the Fog 2yo (Blaze of Lightning, o/o Touchstone [by Tri Star]) won, which isn't surprising when you look at how LitF's babies have been running!

My $20k International Stud bargain won for me in Germany, and my favorite 2yo Is Wanting Enough took a win over 2 others (lol) in an allowance in Germany. Hey, I'll take undefeated any way I can get it!
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Yami won his stakes by his largest margin and fastest speed yet!

How the Story Ends broke her maiden!

My fillers did super better then expect! buh?
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

River of Silence got me my first ever stakes win this week, he won the Sandown Handicap Hurdle. I dearly love this horse cause he's turned into something of a four legged ATM for me; i'd be so broke if I hadn't of picked him up lmao. But seriously, a very exciting moment for me :)

Outside of him no one really did anything except Veto, who managed a second but was claimed. Good luck with her Jonathan Bolt!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

6 winners highlighting almost 49% on the board from 35 starters. Biggest win, obviously, was Japanese Champion 2yo Tondeiru making his 3yo debut in the Keisei Hai. Very pleased with his easy win. Cruise Control romped in his 5yo debut. Never Fear continues to improve and, like her sire, is apparently a big fan of Italy. Started my first 2yos of the year and came away with two homebred winners - Retrospect (Best - Blurred Vision) and Earthbound (Runaway - Cambiocorsa), who's one of my favorites. And then there's Bainbridge Forever - my first 'chasing winner, who romped by ten. Plus, he's by Duskinthemeadow, so that's especially exciting.

Another 2yo was second, Secret (Em's Always Busy - Au Exotique), to a potential freak. Three of my favorites, Izou, Jazz, and Shock and Faith also brought home seconds. Times Change was a notable third.

Next week's another exciting one for me, with Empire, Colors Bright, and Surpassing all making their first starts of the year.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I had an incredible week! 11 : 4 - 1 - 2. Con kicked off her 3yo campaign with a beautiful win over a very tough field (IMHO). Off to the Oaks with her, where she will face ...an even scarier field. :lol: As always, I take no credit for her, Bri is responsible for breeding such a lovely filly! Bri also bred Inspired Song, who found an NW2 to her liking and won happily. Persian Cat, a filly with a nice female family but dodgy race record somehow broke her maiden. I retired her on that good note. Finally, Chiffon broke her maiden first time out like her older sister did. I love this one's breeding and name.

Afraid to Cry got 2nd in her maiden debut, and the "tried hard" in her running line makes me love her. First Obsession got third, which is cool - I didn't expect him to win, he'll want more ground to really be happy. Always Will tried his best and his best happened to be third - no shame at all. I'llbethereforyou and Southern Cross are very tough horses! :)

I have like 23 horses running next week, gah! And week 6 is absolutely insane as well. I don't know how you guys manage so many horses.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

It feels so good to have a 2 yo on the upper half of the rankings board... <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28497&' target='_blank'>Ultraviolet</a> pulled off a 2nd place in another stakes after a 3rd week one. Thank you for letting me buy this horse from you Laura, she makes me happy and has the coolest name.

Overall a better week with a lot of OTBs.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Oh well !!! :(

3 wins!

still trying to break the $100,000 barrier

stats: 150 : 7 - 7 - 14 Win-4.7% OTB-18.7%

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

well my 1st cah who I thought would like more distance sucked lol

my 2 yr old finished 3rd but wants more distance oh well lol
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Ingrid
Sprinter

Post by Ingrid »

Ah, nothing great. Arnel flunked in his race, which he should have won, and I think it may have been the addition of the figure-8, which he's never worn before (all he's had in his past races was the lasix). I think I'll return to just the lasix in his next race and hopefully the old Arnel will return.

On the plus side, I got my first steeplechase winner! Raider, molasses on the flat, broke his maiden (for the flat AND jumps, lol), and next time out he may try an allowance. Not sure yet, though. Looks like I'm going to have a better year this year with the steeplechasers rather than the flat runners. 3 runner ups and 1 win, while I can't say the same for the flat runners (my pwechious wittle Link won his race, and I think I've had a couple of claiming wins, but that's it)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Predictably, it was my three year old fillies that carried this day once again, though the colts started feeling left out and decided that they'd chip in and do their part this week!

Enjoy won the UAE Oaks "powerfully" to establish herself as the 3rd best three year old filly in the rankings, and while she'll be bypassing the Oaks in favor of a little R&R after a few hard races in Dubai, Robe's 3 length easy win in the Fair Grounds Oaks earned that filly a ticket to Churchill and the Kentucky Oaks. Edict's half sister seems to really enjoy being a 3yo, and I'm looking forward to a rematch with Con. As for the other three year old fillies, Tendency ran 2nd in the Ashland (behind Con!), while Trap was 3rd in the Davona Dale. Refuse To Land took down an allowance race and looks as though she should be a pretty nifty filly for me this year.

The colts were feeling a bit left out, and so Caveman took the Louisiana Derby by 2 lengths (I'm glad I got out of the way of Derby Report at Aqueduct; he looked like a monster!), and Epic won the Arkansas Derby "easily" by 2 1/2 lengths. Both have punched their tickets to Louisville. Meanwhile, Explode was a well beaten 2nd to Echo Iced, but that's one SPEEDY colt that beat him, Tint was 2nd to Tondeiru, and Sublime checked in 3rd in the Santa Anita Derby.

A few other random winners rounded out this week; what I lacked in quantity was certainly made up for by quality!
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Rose Hepburn wrote: River of Silence got me my first ever stakes win this week, he won the Sandown Handicap Hurdle. I dearly love this horse cause he's turned into something of a four legged ATM for me; i'd be so broke if I hadn't of picked him up lmao. But seriously, a very exciting moment for me :)

Outside of him no one really did anything except Veto, who managed a second but was claimed. Good luck with her Jonathan Bolt!
Rose...I love you to death...but can I have my horse back????

HAHAHA j/k

I bred River, and have been trying to hunt down all of the old horses I bred to give them good homes. I only wish I had snagged him first. Hey, if you ever want to retire him, I'll give him a good home.

Take good care of my boy.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I had my best week ever...6: 0-2-3
However, I'm still looking for my first win. Closest was losing by a nose
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

California defeated Kiddo in the Big Cap, Derby Report won the Wood Memorial by six. That's enough right there. But, Desert Legend won her Oaks prep, Thief of Hearts won the UAE Derby (but exited with a quarter crack, a minor thing in the grand scheme of things since he was getting a break after Dubai anyway), and Cherish the Moment was a game second in the Santa Anita Derby.

I also had a bunch of winners, including juvy winners Tickertape Parade (End Result x Racing Heart), Juddmonte (King's Best x Heat Haze), Command (El Corredor x Reign), Capulet (Unforgettable Max x Serenading) and Diamond (Too Much Bling x The Heart to Live).

And best of luck to Composer's connections, who won a stakes with him!