Week 4 Results!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ian N wrote: It feels so good to have a 2 yo on the upper half of the rankings board... <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28497&' target='_blank'>Ultraviolet</a> pulled off a 2nd place in another stakes after a 3rd week one. Thank you for letting me buy this horse from you Laura, she makes me happy and has the coolest name.
:D No prob, glad she's doing so well for you!

Pretty good week! Let There Be Light won -- I was honestly pretty worried about him vs. Snoopy Dancing, but all was well. He'll get some R&R in Brazil until week 8's Gran Premio Piratininga. :)

Hmm, what else...had my first 'chaser winner (a Yes It's True half-bro to What A Song...wouldn't have guessed he was the steeplechase type, LOL); one of my babies won first out but was claimed away -- really regretting putting her in for a tag now. I have one baby left from that mare and she'll stay firmly planted in my barn, thank you very much. :P
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

6: 1/0/0/1

Pretty poor week Golden Indian finally won again, my 2 yr olds are all dying on me but ill persevere Wanderful got a 4th place atleast its better then last week :)
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

One of my worst weeks in a long time :( - Oh well; I had a lot of horses running that this was their last chance to show something, before being sold, retired or pensioned.

So, since little income, no looking at the sales page for me this week!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

OMG I had a two year old win a stakes FIRST TIME OUT!!!! Thats a first ever for me!

SPIRITED won the Trevor Denman stakes in SAF!!! I am sooooo excited!!! YAY! He will now go to a farm and await the Gold Medallion stakes...maybe!

Christmas Eve (Thank you Ara!) won first time out in Japan! I heard the competition is harder there so im stoked about that cause she beat a full field!

Couple thirds, couple fourths....ill list them later! But I was SOOOO excited about those two! YAY!!!!
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Congrats, Janey!

On the other hand, I had the worst week (placings and earnings wise) in a long long time. :D But since I went through a similar slump last year at the same couple weeks, I have faith I can pull through! hehe. =D I'm going back through to re-evaluate my barn and etc.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Worst.

Week.

Ever.

Seriously, my runners were better the first week I was in the Sim, which was week three of year 17. This week would be my first week since then without a single win.

On a side note, someone has to explain to me the trick to actually winning the shake for a claim. I am like oh-fer year 18 on trying to claim horses.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Janey Adams wrote: OMG I had a two year old win a stakes FIRST TIME OUT!!!! Thats a first ever for me!

SPIRITED won the Trevor Denman stakes in SAF!!! I am sooooo excited!!! YAY! He will now go to a farm and await the Gold Medallion stakes...maybe!
Janey,

I forgot to say, $84,000 was only the first of ten installments ;)

btw - this is the only Invincible Spirit offspring currently of racing age. :)

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Pretty good week for me.

Maiden winners were my homebreds Fairytale (Performing Magic x Storm Cat mare), All That's Left (Tremendous x Loki Flame mare), Renaissance City (Sinndar x Pulpit mare), and Solongandgoodnight (Glitterman x The Edge of Night mare)

Allowance winners include my homebreds Six Signs (Give Applause x Six Perfections), Call to War (Heart's Cry x Danzig mare)

Criminal, a Villain baby I picked up for $600,000, made his second start in a stakes race and won yet again. He wasn't supposed to run this week, but that race's field was largely terrible so I stuck him in there.

Dreamthaticanfly won the Bayakoa Stakes just by a head. I was nervous about running her so short- I know A Crown Awaits sires precocious babies though and the field wasn't spectacular save the late entry that came in second, so I tried it. The long term goal, of course, for this filly is the Estrellas Juvenile Fillies.

Firestorm did as expected and won again in Puerto Rico. He is now on a plane to the closest farm to Churchill Downs. Look out! :D

Seven Wonders won her 4 y/o debut by a length over Calais in Germany. If she can keep her good form all year, look for her in the BC again. I'm still deciding which to send, her or her brother... but we'll see.

Sparkle City maintained her unbeaten streak for sprints "easily". I love this filly.

Two other notable stakes things: Miles Apart was second in Australia- I was worried about Chart and apparently I should have been worried about Transcontinental! It's back to 2 miles from here on out. Step Aside was second to The Wilding AGAIN. I have a feeling they're on the same schedule too. Maybe we'll do better with a change in distance... I hope.

In other news.... I'm getting sick of a lot of horses that won't win, so look for quite a few new additions to the sales page late this afternoon.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Stacy Sli
Classic Contender

Post by Stacy Sli »

my stats for the year: Trainer Stats for Year 18: 28 : 4 - 3 - 4 Win-14.3% OTB-39.3%

I think that it was a pretty good week for me this week.
11-2-2-0 I had Speed me and Don't hurt me break their maidens. (I liked last week alittle more as I had stakes placings :D ) But all in all I will Take it!!
Standing millionare Scientist (FRA) Earnings: $1,073,140
Total Points: 659
AW Points: 317
'Chasing Points: 342
Total Stats: 33: 16-12-3
'Chasing: 14: 8-5-1
Sire: Colorado Dam: Agronomist
Stud Fee: $25,000
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

My record for the week: 11-2-3-2, $96,800

Highlights include: Rise to the Test won in her 3YO debut (I was so nervous for her and now I'm so excited! :D ), the Premio Andreina in Rome, Phantom Flames finishing third in the City of Gold Stakes and Crystal Summons finishing third in the Telograph Stakes. I also had a homebred two year old win in decent time, but she was claimed, so it's kinda bittersweet. Good luck with her, Randall Graves. My steeplechasers finished 2nd and fourth in their first races, so maybe it seems like they might be taking to it ok.

Disappointments: North Shore, Ambassador and Corso all finished off the board (waaay off the board). North Shore and Ambassador are both steeplechasers now and I am going to spend a lot of time puzzling over Corso. It would appear that maybe I started him off on the wrong surface...Something to tinker with, I guess.
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Just an AWFUL week - had two get 3rd, but that's just about it. Ran 11... not very good! :(

This is the first week in a long time where I *barely* broke my board. :(
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Todd Boender
Two Year Old

Post by Todd Boender »

I got my first winner this week. The horse's name is Shenandoah, he is a 3 year old colt. I bought him from Amy Schmidt for $8,000. Thanks Amy. This website is the best. Thanks to all the people involved with with it.

Todd Boender
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

My record: 25-3-6-1. So not too bad, but not that great xD

I got my first homebred maiden winner of this year! Laughingtattherain [which sounds suspiciously like 'laughterintherain, whom I didn't know existed when I named this filly, sorry!] won a maiden 'easily', which makes me rather happy. A bunch of my two-year-olds also got seconds, some of which surprised me, considering their not-great breeding.

I won a steeplechase, and got a place as well!

And I'm going to say what said and let you guys know that if you ever want to get rid of any retired or pensioned horses that I bred, just send 'em back over to me. I'll stick 'em in a farm somewhere to live out the rest of their SIMlife.
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

well I broke my own maiden status this week with my first win ... My on the board percentage is climbing a bit.. but I still have the "new player blues" with many of my horses being cast off's, wanna-be's and never were's.... I thought I might do some prospecting and pick up some 2 year olds..well I should have left that to the veterans because my small 2yr old stable has had a rough go of it... well all it takes is one good horse to get me over the hump...and thank you all for your excellent posts.. they are fun to read

-rob
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

A so-so week. Only one win, but a bunch of on-the-board finishes. That's a lot better than my one win and no on the boards in weeks past. Cando was third in a stakes race which seriously surprised me, especially since I almost scratched him! My winner beat a really small field, but it's a win. His second in a row. And now he's out of conditions, bah!