Breeding Help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I have decided to retire this horse and breed from her. I'm just wondering what stallions you would send to her. I dont have much money, I would like a stallion under $10000 at the very most

Thanks in advance
Peter
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

oops forgot to post the horse. Here she is:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=17505' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=17505</a>

Thanks
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Examining last year's two-year old crop, generally considered a good barometer of what crosses are reasonably successful in the SIM these days, its apparent that a lot of people have found success with mares tracing to Fusaichi Pegasus hwen they've bred to stallions tracing to either Deputy Minister or Seattle Slew.

The specific stallions that have been used in a lot of these breedings (Tremendous, Desert Warrior, Canoe, Ghostzapper, Mineshaft) are a little bit out of your price range right now, but places to look might be at other less expensive sources of Deputy Minister blood. You can find this in stallions like Tribunal (Deputy Minister), Midas Eyes (Touch Gold), Medallist (Touch Gold), or Ten Most Wanted (Deputy Commander). Your mare seems to have a relatively speed oriented pedigree (Kona Gold and Dispute thorugh the female family), thus making the first three in that list more appealing than Ten Most Wanted, who is geared a little bit more towards stamina.

If you opt to go towards Seattle Slew blood, there are any number of routes that you could take. There are a number of potentially talented and cheap sons of A.P. Indy out there, including cheap but proven options like Malibu Moon. That would create 3x3 inbreeding to Mr. Prospector; if you don't like that option a horse like Declan's Moon can bump the inbreeding a little bit further back. Other options that I really like include Big Country, Doneraile Court, A P Valentine, Full Mandate (Brings in both Seattle Slew and Deputy Minister as an added bonus!), Lava Man, Sinister Minister, Simpatico, Silver Train, or Tapit. Thats by no means an exhaustive list, but its got a lot of names on it that could give you some interesting starting points to do some looking around.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I am not the most patient person and I bred her before I saw this response. Well I chose a stallion called Anthem. I based it on the race performances of horses like Fusaichi Dream and Storm a Fortress who have Sirelines tracing back to Silver Charm. Looking back, their dam is Fusaichi Storm which could have been bred with anything to make a good horse.
Well any feedback on my mating would be appreciated and I'll keep this thread in mind for next season
Peter