Suggestions For Haute Danse(Lear Fan-Nureyev)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am searching for a stallion to cross Haute Danse to. She is a Lear Fan-Nureyev which is an excellent cross it seems in real life.
I was looking at Elusive Quality who is sired by Gone West(in real life there appears to be a decent nick between Gone West and Lear Fan). If I used this cross it would bring in 2 crosses to Northern Dancer and 2 crosses to Mr. Prospector(sorry don't understand the 2 x2 cross lingo etc). My concern is whether or now he can produce turf in the sim(in real life he has produced both turf and dirt)as this mare is turf.

Other options I am looking at are Artie Schiller or Medaglia d'Oro. I am also open to other stallions that are turfy as well.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, anyone willing to break down in simple terms the meanings of 2 x 2 cross or 2 x 3 cross please do so.

Thanks,
Tammy Fox
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

To answer your second question:

2 x 2 and 3 x 3 refer to which generation the cross shows up. For example, Mr. Prospector, in real life, was bred to one of his daughters. That cross is 1 x 2 to Mr. Prospector (he is in the 1st generation, as the sire, and the second generation as the grandsire).

2 x 2 means that the horse is the sire of both your horse's sire, and your horse's dam (or is the dam of both your horse's sire and your horse's dam).

3 x 3 breeding (meaning the horse shows up twice in the third generation, or appears twice as a great-grandparent of your horse) still can be a little close. In real life, you'll see 3 x 4 (horse is both a great grandparent and a great greatgrandparent), or 4 x 4 or 4 x 5 (or if the horse appears three times, it might appear 4 x 5 x 5).

Hope that helps!

Laura
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I'll use one of your own horses to explain the numbers.

Let's look at Canal. He is 2x5 to Storm Cat. This means that Storm Cat appears both in the second generation of his sire's side (hence the "2" listed first) and then the 5th generation on his dam's side (through Future Hero). A horse's parents are considered generation one, then so on.

As for Haute Danse, I think a nice, turfy sire with A.P. Indy will do the trick. Colour Chart, her granddam, produced a BC Juvenile Fillies winner when crossed with him, and though that was on dirt, A.P. Indy does have turf influences, and the outcross could still work out well for you on turf.

I think Exit would make a solid choice. He's unproven, but due to lack of mates, and he's a full-brother to Banner. He's also got that A.P. Indy blood through War Song. There's a lot to like about him, and I don't doubt he'll be a strong turf sire when he finally gets some attention. I suppose Atlas will work too, but he works most of the time, doesn't he? :lol:
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Ah, you beat me to it. :P
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Exit would indeed like a girlfriend. :)
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Also looking at Castle, Give Applause, and Runaway for her.