Name My Foals - Year 3

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Name My Foals - Year 3

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This popular contest is back for the third year running! Note that there are a few rule changes, so if you have participated before, please take a look below before submitting names.

I hate naming horses. I know some people like naming horses. If so, this contest is for you!

Naming Spreadsheet Here

Rules & Notes

1. Submit ALL names via in-game PM. This will prevent other players from using the names you suggest before I have a chance to look at them and consider the names.
2. I will be pickier this year than in past years, since this contest is starting earlier than before. Please don't take offense if I don't choose your name(s); this game is all in fun!
3. You will be paid out winnings as soon as the contest is over, after yearling gallops next year (Year 33).
4. You may still submit names without specific pedigrees in mind, but those will only pay $500 this year (see below).
5. This year's spreadsheet includes more information about the foals than ever before. You can try to focus on naming particular foals based on sibling gallops and dam ratings.

Ways to Get Money

1. Submit a name for a specific foal, and the name is accepted by me (or I choose to use that name for a different foal) --> $1,000
2. Submit a name as part of a list of suggestions, and I use that name for one of my foals --> $500
3. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 32 gallops "Wings" or "Great" in first Year 33 gallop --> $500*
4. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 32 gallops "Wow" or "Stakes" in first Year 33 gallop --> $5,000*
5. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 32 gallops "Scary" or "Special" in first Year 33 gallop --> $10,000*
6. The person who has the largest "bankroll" from this contest will "win" a bonus --> $50,000

*If for some reason gallop comments change for next season, I reserve the right to adjust these prize figures to reflect the equivalent gallop comments.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: Name My Foals - Year 3

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I've finally had a chance to go through the names that were submitted so far, and the link in the original post should reflect the accepted names. Please continue to suggest names via in-game PM!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I just wanted to let those of you who have submitted names know that I will be going through them in the next few days. I've been really busy and haven't had time to take a look at the submissions. In the meantime, please feel free to keep submitting names!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm updating the Naming Spreadsheet now, and am all caught up! Everyone who has participated is fairly close together in the contest, so keep those submissions coming!
Inspiration Stud
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

I may well be missing something on the spreadsheet, but I only see the totals for those who have submitted and not any info about the foals. I did a search for your foals and found them that way, but the intro talked about more information. Just curious.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

There are tabs at the bottom of the document to click on which will take you to each type of foal group.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Iggy sent in some GREAT names, and came roaring up to second place in the contest! Keep submitting your names!
Inspiration Stud
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Wow, sweet, I guess even though I made it harder on myself by not using your spreadsheet correctly, the names worked well!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Just went through and named a bunch more! Keep those submissions coming, and keep checking the spreadsheet (or search my name in the game) for new foals, too, as I still have at least 50 left to breed!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

And Zero Smith moves into third place!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated again!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Zero moves into second!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated! This sure is a squeaker for first!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated! Just 45 unnamed foals left, and everyone is still in the race! Keep sending in names, and the real fun starts when gallops begin and bonuses start being handed out!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

22 left to name!
Inspiration Stud