Barbaro

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I just have to say, I think that guy is so handsome. I haven't seen a bad picture of him yet. And he runs pretty darn good, too.

He looks like Albert the Great! And I love that guy too. I hope he does well in the Derby. :)
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

very pretty boy...
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

WOOOOOO! :lol:

Very nice run.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Now that was DARN impressive! I am now sold on Barbaro lol!
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Congratulations Barbaro! Good luck in the Preakness. Handsome boy.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Prison rules the first time by the crowd. Barbaro to his knees, then up and a pretty big set of bumps with the inside horses. The backstretch racing view from above and in front was pretty crazy. Just makes you appreciate the jocks as they try to pick their way through, or safely drop back to let the faster go on by.

Brother Derek sure didn't get the trip he wanted. Well, maybe a smaller field will help him from behing in the 6+ lanes next time out :)

Still, Barbaro was impressive and made good use of a nice trip. LIke I edited into another post, I am quite glad that I didn't put money on this race.

Congrats to the connections, the images of Matz and family sure beat seeing the crying Santos brats from a few years back.

Daryl
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

That was a great trip he had! I feel stupid for taking him off my active horse list in the RTTR thingy, oh well I had 7 potentials and only could pick 5. So I bumped out Barbaro and Bluegrass Cat, stupid me! :lol:

I am begining to wonder if the letter "o" is going to play a role in next years Derby winner. Giacomo, Barbaro, and next year ____o? Something to ponder.

Congrats to a very worthy contender and good luck with the triple crown!! :)
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Right after the Derby finished, the main Kentucky Derby site put up a big "Congratulations to Barbaro!!" headline with a picture of...

...A.P. Warrior.

They did fix it a few minutes later but it gave me a good chuckle.

Anyways, a big WOOT for the first Derby winner I've picked since 2000! And no I didn't pick him because he's the favorite, I've been following him since he ran down here in January. Although I didn't expect him to do so well on dirt until a few weeks ago. :)

If he were my horse in the SIM, you all KNOW I would be sending him to England for their Derby and not pointing him towards the Preakness and Belmont, right?
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

He WAS beautiful on the turf. I really didn't believe it when they aimed him toward the Triple Crown trail, and now he actually WON the Derby!? It's nuts. He's so handsome, though. I think he's my favorite Derby horse in the past couple years.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Ara Davies wrote: Right after the Derby finished, the main Kentucky Derby site put up a big "Congratulations to Barbaro!!" headline with a picture of...

...A.P. Warrior.
Anyone watching Breakfast from Churchill Downs notice that in the 2:02 rundown of the field by Randy Moss, the clip of Cause to Believe was most certainly NOT CTB and, far more likely, was Wait A While?
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I missed that show (sleeping) but I'd think that would be a fairly obvious mistake since Cause to Believe has a very recognizable (and very ugly) gray spot in the middle of his forehead. He's like Skip Away when he was racing...I wanted to tell them to cover up his head.

Nothing against the horse, but ye gods, what ugly markings on his face.

Oh, and after the Derby someone in a chat room for another game I'm on suddenly announced "Barbaro has a heart on his head!" I laughed since this person had no way of knowing how I obsess over hearts on heads. *pats closeup picture of Medaglia's head-heart hanging on her wall*
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Hey, I think Cause to Believe is cute! And he was so relaxed in the paddock both days I saw him. I wanted to poke him to make sure he was still awake. But yes, cute. This is why I bet him to show instead of my original choice of Steppenwolfer. Bad choice on my part.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Here is a link to interesting article:

<a href='http://www.democratandchronicle.com/app ... 007/SPORTS' target='_blank'>Giacomo Barbero</a>

How cool is that??? ;)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I just read that article it's great! the kid has no clue though. LOL
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

'nuff said.

Btw... photo was taken by ME... all copywrite laws do apply.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.