Steward's Cup Stars of Tomorrow Program Poll

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What to do about W16 Thursday?

Do nothing, races run without calls at the normal time
38%
Move the results to the M-W-F time of 8 pm Pacific with calls
62%

Total votes: 115

Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Steward's Cup Stars of Tomorrow Program Poll

Post by Amy Bahama »

I say do nothing, just run the races. This stretching it out over days and days is such overkill.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

well here it goes i was trying to bite my tongue ! I just can't do it I hated when you divided the two year old races off the main day to start with !
Now you are talking about not giving us racecalls for them as well ! I for one would not have a problem with this if i did not consider this gamer a Job/source of income for you but fact is it is ! and i feel as a player one of the nice and my personal favorite inprovements you have made to this game is the live race calls i find it adds more feeling to the game for me!

I know this will get flamed by alot of people and the mighty sim racing god will make me go 0 for 20 in the races but i am being honest its your job so do it !

I dont care what day of the week or even what time you do it !
or even if it is you doing it maybe find a guest race caller like a dave or eric or bratt who ever!

I think most people would agree that derby day your Daybreaks and the stewards cup day are a huge part of the fun in this game you personal provide for us!

I think to many people are worried about offending you and are trying to be too nice!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Julie Kluesener wrote:I usually get tired of race calls within an hour, so I voted for the former. Why not just do what you want to do? Calls are way too much work just to make some of us happy about our fake horses.
I actually love doing the calls when it's not a 14-16 hour day, so I dont mind doing them. My main concern is jerking the rug out from under people who are used to the early Thursday schedule or may have planned the day around the earlier time (you'd be surprised... or maybe you wouldn't!). Thus the poll - otherwise I'd just happily move them later and do the calls like any other year, just later. But it looks like the poll leans that way anyway.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Eh, he does have a point.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

The fact is, i like the celebration time when Em is doing the calls. Mind you with all the sc races, its a lot for her to do. I just really like the feel of the festive time on the sim. I enjoy the stories she writes heading up to the big days.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Skippy Bowen wrote:well here it goes i was trying to bite my tongue ! I just can't do it I hated when you divided the two year old races off the main day to start with !
Now you are talking about not giving us racecalls for them as well ! I for one would not have a problem with this if i did not consider this gamer a Job/source of income for you but fact is it is ! and i feel as a player one of the nice and my personal favorite inprovements you have made to this game is the live race calls i find it adds more feeling to the game for me!

I know this will get flamed by alot of people and the mighty sim racing god will make me go 0 for 20 in the races but i am being honest its your job so do it !

I dont care what day of the week or even what time you do it !
or even if it is you doing it maybe find a guest race caller like a dave or eric or bratt who ever!

I think most people would agree that derby day your Daybreaks and the stewards cup day are a huge part of the fun in this game you personal provide for us!

I think to many people are worried about offending you and are trying to be too nice!
I'm sorry you didn't understand the original post. I am down with giving people calls, it's what I want to do. But the point of the poll is to make sure enough people want them badly enough to change the time of the results. Looks like 2/3rds are in favor, so that's good for you and me. Bad for the 1/3rd who want the original time or don't care.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Well, I voted A, but if it makes you happy Emily, carry on!