Headed to Kentucky

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Headed to Kentucky

Post by The Steward »

I'm off to Kentucky and will technically be back on Monday the 7th but I'll be kind of out of action until Week 16 Thursday. I'm going to try to get on as much as possible while gone to do articles and AJ horses and the like, but I've never had much luck with it in the past while there! Anyway, if I don't respond in a timely manner, that's why, and the regulars are watching the forum.

No need to reply, just wanted to let y'all know!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Headed to Kentucky

Post by Dan Gordon »

I'm actually in Louisville for business now but have to leave before the Derby (darn work!). I do love this town. The Louisville Slugger museum is one of the best museums in the world (they actually make the bats for the big leaguers right in front of you). It's funny how this town transforms for the Derby. Can you think of any other sport where people who don't know Union Rags from Dirty Rags come flying in a private jet to watch a race for two minutes? Also funny how many of the locals won't go as it is like going to Times Square on New Year's Eve as a New Yorker. People say the Infield crowd is a young drunken mess (not that there is anything wrong with that). What's cool are the ancillary things in the town that started last weekend. Three paddleboats race on the Ohio River on Wednesday. The Oaks day is everybody's favorite day here, it seems. And the funnest thing is everybody keeps greeting each other with "Have a great Derby week!". Funny stuff.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Dan Gordon wrote:I'm actually in Louisville for business now but have to leave before the Derby (darn work!). I do love this town. The Louisville Slugger museum is one of the best museums in the world (they actually make the bats for the big leaguers right in front of you). It's funny how this town transforms for the Derby. Can you think of any other sport where people who don't know Union Rags from Dirty Rags come flying in a private jet to watch a race for two minutes? Also funny how many of the locals won't go as it is like going to Times Square on New Year's Eve as a New Yorker. People say the Infield crowd is a young drunken mess (not that there is anything wrong with that). What's cool are the ancillary things in the town that started last weekend. Three paddleboats race on the Ohio River on Wednesday. The Oaks day is everybody's favorite day here, it seems. And the funnest thing is everybody keeps greeting each other with "Have a great Derby week!". Funny stuff.
Work? It's Derby Week! Around the office none of us have the urge to do much, in fact half the office is off work for Thursday and Friday, and none of them are going to Derby... just the Oaks... Dan, I *LOVE* the Derby Festival. So many parties...
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Fogell McLovin
Miler

Post by Fogell McLovin »

Dan Gordon wrote:I'm actually in Louisville for business now but have to leave before the Derby (darn work!). I do love this town. The Louisville Slugger museum is one of the best museums in the world (they actually make the bats for the big leaguers right in front of you). It's funny how this town transforms for the Derby. Can you think of any other sport where people who don't know Union Rags from Dirty Rags come flying in a private jet to watch a race for two minutes? Also funny how many of the locals won't go as it is like going to Times Square on New Year's Eve as a New Yorker. People say the Infield crowd is a young drunken mess (not that there is anything wrong with that). What's cool are the ancillary things in the town that started last weekend. Three paddleboats race on the Ohio River on Wednesday. The Oaks day is everybody's favorite day here, it seems. And the funnest thing is everybody keeps greeting each other with "Have a great Derby week!". Funny stuff.
We took a trip through that neck of the woods... there is an "arms museum" right accross the street from the LS musuem. Was fantastic. We took a drive to the Patton museum as well (it was boys choose where we go one day... girls the next :) ). Considered hitting the LS museum but ran outta time.