Best Broodmare

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

After reading the top broodmares, both still producing and not doing so, I noticed that most people don't have anywhere near the calibur of mares to be put on that list, since there ARE so few. My question is, what mare would you consider to be the best broodmare in your own barn? It doesn't matter if the mare has only sired maiden claimers; go ahead and post! At some point, someone may end up doing articles on these guys, too.

My answer would be Decked (Two Punch-Guest Performer [Well Decorated]). She is the real life dam of my parents' old horse Victory Prospector, so in real life she's not very good (although Puppy did win two races, neither of which were claiming events, before a career-ending injury). However, in the SIM she has two winners from three starters, and her foals have earned over $900,000 (mostly through one foal). Of course, her primary earner is Desert Victory, who has earned $930,000 in winning eight races, including seven stakes races. Her 3yo, Puppy Power, has earned $16,800 in breaking his maiden and compiling a record of 6-1-1-2. The 2yo should theoretically get better with added distance. Interestingly, Puppy Power started out with two 12ths just like his little sister, so hopefully the same will happen.

Now it's your turn!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Six Perfections, without a doubt.

With only $2,163,000 in progeny earnings, she doesn't qualify for those big lists... yet.

3 foals of racing age:
Seven Wonders - Japanese Champ. 2 y/o filly, European Champ. 3 y/o filly. Winner of 8 races in 10 starts- never off the board, even in the Breeder's Cup against males. Millionaire.

Six Signs - South American Champ. 2 y/o colt. Almost a millionaire, should be by the end of the year if all goes well. Winner of 4 races in 5 starts- his one loss was a second place finish to Guitar in a sprint race (my guy is bred to be a miler, and Guitar is a super-freak sprinter).

Five Islands - has only made one start in the Whirl Charmant Stakes which she crushed by 5 lengths. She is bound for the inaugural Breeder's Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf.

Pretty darn good offspring record, no? Can you tell I :wub: her. :D
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

In all honesty, my favorite broodmare is probably Shining Eyes. No millionaires, no G1 winners even, but she was a solid racehorse for me when she ran, and her babies are always nice. Not over the top, just enjoyable to work with. The whole family is a model of consistency. I love her sister Still Searching and her daughter Lacedwithbriliance, too.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Tiara, without even thinking. She's a daughter of one of the best broodmares ever (Royalty, who died all too young). She's young and with only two foals to race, one is a millionaire and one is a stakes winner in the Derby. Her two-year-old, and first filly, is set to debut week 7. *insert stress* Plus, she's pretty!
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

my favorite....fiji. really excellent is right up there with her though...she did produce me 6 millionaires with earnings in excess of 13million. fiji gave me 8 millionaires with earnings in excess of 25million! she gave me 5 racers that won minimum of 500k, 3 racers that earned between 100k-500k, she was truly awesome...and not only did she produce millionaires, several of those millionaires have gone on to produce millionaires...like fiji nights and whenithurtstosmile. she is a producer of producers and i love her dearly.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I'd nominate Sideways Glance - just look through her offspring and then there offspring and so on. Her record doesn't need explaining.

Of the younger one's Emily's Six Perfections seems to be doing ok :P
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Martin Pennington wrote: I'd nominate Sideways Glance - just look through her offspring and then there offspring and so on. Her record doesn't need explaining.

Of the younger one's Emily's Six Perfections seems to be doing ok :P
I wasn't asking for the best broodmare in the SIM though, just the best one in your own barn. ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Well in that case (I really should read more and stop after-work drinks on a friday night) i'd prefer mine to be "least bad broodmare" - it's a tie for the moment between Stunning who has an allowance winner who looks nice and Kitty O'Shea (a RL mare who I backed at 66/1 to win the Oaks, she was 5/1 fav when she broke her pelvis three weeks before the big day :( ) who's just had her first winner - Indian Star.

Also have high hopes for Kauto Relka who's RL son just won the Gold Cup and scooped a £1m bonus - hope her sim progeny can do that too :lol: