Week 6 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

Actually with no wins this week from 8 starters I had a week of ups and downs. But still in my head a good one!

MONTSTROKED whom some may have thought was in over his head in the 2000 Guineas was 2nd to Everest who is a monster. He beat a Grade 1 winner in running second as well! I was THRILLED with his effort!!! YAY for Montstroked!

MITE BE WORTH IT ran 5th. I am baffled by his performance as I thought that he used to really good and now he is kind of tailing off. Any help or suggestions on this one would be appreciated!

IMPACT MY LIFE is still just a maiden but he did run 2nd by a half length. He has never been worse than 4th for me in the 3 starts that I have had him. I feel a maiden win coming on next time out..I hope!

BEGONE who is a HUGE favorite of mine in the barn (She has the same name as my real and first racehorse :D) ran 3rd. She is a nice filly in my opinion and always brings home a check!

Next week is a Big week with ALOT of entries (for me anyway) and a lot of my horses are in stakes. Soooo...........Big week!
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Riverside is such a consistent filly! Those small stakes down in SoAm really suit her as she won another Gr3. :)

That's said, I had 5 total winners this week! A bunch of my horses got claimed but I'm glad to see the class drops really worked out! And I made profits off all of them. =] A Certain Idea and Glastonbury Tor, two well-bred horses, won their claimers and were claimed. But Bring 'Em Out and Caliph won their claimers and weren't, and since Caliph was my first winner in this game I am very relieved. I want to keep him forever but he wasn't running well in allowances. Claiming Crown here we come!
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Peihe, Bring 'Em Out was the filly I was talking about last night in the chat. Good luck with her. ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Oh ok thanks! :D Glad to see she was liked by someone other than me!
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Bleh. Another extremely mediocre week.

:(

Oh well.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Well, this week was all about Del Mar. It's been the lows (the death of his dam earlier this week) and the highs (his win) all in a single SIM week. I'm very, very nervous about the shorter than usual turnaround time, since the Preakness will be run Wednesday instead of Friday, but we'll see. The whole goal of the one prep in Week 3 was to hopefully keep him fit enough to do well in the Derby, yet leave something in the tank for the Preakness. The first part worked; I'll have to see about the second. Derby Report probably peaked one race too soon, and I agonized all week about putting Cherish the Moment on lasix - in watching her race, I probably should have, but I hate doing FTL in a big race. They'll get a little break - if Del Mar loses the Preakness, it won't be to one of my other horses.

Had some nice juvenile winners, including Feature Race, Derby Report's half-sister, and Crocodile Hunter (out of Beam). Of my other winners, Fightoffyourdemons, a recent purchase broke his maiden quite nicely, and I'm rather excited about him.

Lots of stakes placings, including a third in the Oaks with Desert Legend, and finally, it was nice to see that three horses I gave away finished 1-3 in the Trial Park Stakes.

Definitely a memorable week!

Laura
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

A great week for my barn!

Had a win in a steeplechase for Me and I, so I am very excited about his future over fences.

A lovely 2nd for Rising Fog, half sister of my stakes winner Ixtla - stoked!

A PHENOMENAL 2nd for Force Nine, so very very excited! He is AMAZING, I love Illi! :)

Had some blahs too - my three created mares ran and now I am le sadface.

Provence, Lovely Isabella, and Dolce - if anyone has some thoughts on them.
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

3-1-1-0

A very good week, Accmplished won the first leg of the Puerto Rican Triple Crown giving me my first Grade 1 win. Bling Bling was 2nd in a Maiden Claiming race and was claimed. Champ ran 5th, but he needs distance. Overall a VERY good week.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Not sure whether to post this in the Newbie forum or here....but I got my first win in this game this weekend.

Hurray for my 3 year old gelding Overflow - it's his first win too : )

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=18980' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=18980</a>

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelse Mccann
Turf Router

Post by Kelse Mccann »

Stormy Peak wrote: Not sure whether to post this in the Newbie forum or here....but I got my first win in this game this weekend.

Hurray for my 3 year old gelding Overflow - it's his first win too : )

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=18980' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=18980</a>

Stormy
wow he beat a big feild good for you :D
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Kelse Mccann wrote:
wow he beat a big field good for you  :D

I'm pretty pleased...for several reasons.

Overflow was my most expensive purchase. I paid that much for him because he had Alydar in his bloodline and Alydar is bar-none my all time favorite racehorse.

But in the same race, I also had another horse Rivzel...looks like I still need to do some things to figure him out. :ph34r:

This was only his second race with me, but looking at his chart I think his next race might be a turf race and perhaps lasix. He's 6 years old - but only raced 5 times - his first race doesn't show comments. But with the other four races I can see that he's flattened out or was tired in the dirt races...but in the one turf race he ran he had an "even finish"

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

My best place was a forth but I was happy with that and heres why;

Symboli Magellan the colt I wanted to run on dirt? I've finally been getting him on the right surface and he got a 4th in a huge field of maidens.
Now I just have to keep it in my head that he's TURF not dirt!

Scared Angel a mare I'd about given up on got 5th in her race of a full field and that was with some tack adjustments. I'm going to keep the same adjustments and see in another race.

Royal Rumble got 5th in his first chase' and I'm pleased with that

Defcon One a maiden chaser got 5th in the Iroquois

Listentomyheart a single winner placed 5th in the Clasico Clausura

Black Cat Crossing took 6th in a stakes race... I'm going to try him in an allowance next up

Mission To Mars sadly got claimed but it was for $50,000..... a mare whose best placing is a 3rd out of like 14 starts oh well I think I got the better end
Amanda Clark
Sprinter

Post by Amanda Clark »

All I can say is I think I'm going to be grateful that One Fit Mr. hasn't been gelding, in his first outing in the chasing an allowance race that is he won! If he can stay winning he'll be one of the few chasing studs currently

My three other runners didn't do much except for a 5th from Spike.

I think I'm better with steeplechasers.... two of my three wins have been chasers!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

A pretty good week - 9 hit the board out of 24 with lots of 4ths as well -only one win - Native Cry won a nice allowance in Germany. Marquesas came in 2nd in Chile in Laura's sponsored 1 1/2 mile turf maiden - with "gained ground impressively" - so maybe 2 miles next time up. Next week is my big Steeplechase week, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Jonathan Bolt
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jonathan Bolt »

I had a good week with two wins two seconds and five thirds from 16 starters. I only had 2 horses finish lower the 5th.

For the breeding side of my stable it was a great week. Breathtaking now is the mother of a G1 winner in Accmplished. My stallion Mark of Esteem had another good week with a win, a second, and a third from three starters.