Week 6 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

What would a week be without my three year old fillies? Robe (Loki Dynasty x Cloak [Tremendous]) is still undefeated since the addition of blinkers, stretching her record to 3: 3-0-0 this year with a win in the Kentucky Oaks. If 11 graded stakes winning 3yo fillies wasn't enough, Big Momma (Rock Of Gibraltar x Bahama Mamma [Tejano Causeway]) became my 12th this year with a going-away 4 1/2 length victory in a G1 stakes in Brazil. Other 3yo fillies to take down races included Globes and Maps (Fuji Kiseki x Cavanaugh Park [Priceless Forever]) in an allowance and Piqued (Five Circles x Exasperated [Ground Zero]) in another allowance.

On the two year old front, I may have found a superfreak in Savvy (Unheard Of x Stars Come Out [Symbol]), who ran 6.5 furlongs faster than any horse has ever managed it, zipping along in 1:13.75. He managed that little piece of work while still breaking outwards, so there might even be a little bit more in there. What's REALLY scary is that he's bred to go long. BC Juvenile... look out.

Morocco (Cat Chat x Xaar [Storm Cat) ran his record to 2: 2-0-0 with an allowance win in Chile, and a filly named New Mexico (Le Dauphin Noir x See You Burn [Tulloch]) one-upped her 2nd place finish from last time out with a win at Futurity Park. Mexico (Ghostzapper x Saint Sammi [Saint Ballado]) followed up his maiden win with a nice 2nd in the Storm and Silence Stakes, and I can't complain too much since he lost to another Ghostzapper!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

All I can Say is ACAPULCO!! Daryl pulled a little last minute switch. So I did too. LOL INstead of the Sheema Classic, he went to the Duty Free and beat Rado by 1/2! I don't think that it can be called ducking when I've got to choose between Fumetsu and Sir William or Rado. LOL

A Storm is Brewing won the G1 SteepleChase, the Gold Cup! yay for him!

Barbaro's Star finally broke her maiden! Her record is now 8-1-2-4!

Boticelli won 2nd time out at Churchill by 3.

Fortimes we shared won 2nd asking by 4 1/2 at Premium Park

River Tam finally broke her maiden going 10f in Puerto Rico.

Aslo had a bunch of 2nds

Chippendale (by Songster) was 2nd, 2nd asking with the addition of Lasix. He was game in the stretch.

Concentration was 2nd in the 10f stakes in Japan. Losing to The Wielding. But beating Tondeiru.

In The Sun was 2nd. Night ran 2nd in his first stakes attempt, after being switched to the Turf. And going looooong! Adn Time To Wake was 2nd in an Allowance.

Cuirassier was 3rd in the St. louis Derby.
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Fleet Admiral, an Ara bred crushed to win his maiden!
Morning Cascade won a G3 in Germany
Rainbow won an allowance in England
Sagamatic finally broke her maiden in a $50k claimer!!

There were some 2nds and thirds there, but Morning Cascade makes me happy.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I bred a number of winners for other people this week:

Look My Best won a stakes for Brianna McKenzie
Carbon won a stakes for Bob Oliva
Souvenir won a stakes for Mac Silver

Fleet Admiral broke his maiden for Michelle Calderoni

Halwa Flame won a claimer for Jonathan Bolt
Glastonbury Tor won a claimer for Peihe Sun (and was claimed by Jarrn Shikage)
Loki Lite won a claimer for Bob Oliva (and was claimed by Tom Mudgett)

Outlander won a steeplechase for Crazy Canuck

Also Look Up came in 2nd in a stakes for Martin Pennington

Congrats, guys!
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

I had a good week! As Ara said, Souvenier won a stakes race! Thank you Ara for the great breeding and a special thanks to Laura F for allowing me the chance to run such a talented colt. Danz Glitter was impressive while breaking her maiden in her second out. Secret Love was awesome in her debut win and wants everyone to know that she has a crush on Lost. Silver Success won his race after two good second place runs, it looks as though all he needed was the f8 and I hope he can now settle down and concentrate and continue to win cuz I really like his pedigree! I also won the claim on Stand On Guard, a filly by Anthem that I am excited about because i have been wanting to add somy Symbol blood to my barn. So all in all i am very happy about my week. I cant wait for the next results! :)
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Mac Silver wrote: Secret Love was awesome in her debut win and wants everyone to know that she has a crush on Lost.
ROCK ON
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I went from a glorious week with a gang of prize winners to nothing but 2nds and 3rds from a whole host of starters. So frustrating.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

J Slotman wrote: I went from a glorious week with a gang of prize winners to nothing but 2nds and 3rds from a whole host of starters. So frustrating.
Ugh. I am in the same boat. Had an awesome week last week, and an awful week this week.

I'd be happy if things settled out to "kind of OK, most of the time". This up and down thing is driving me crazy.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

EmThompson wrote:
J Slotman wrote: I went from a glorious week with a gang of prize winners to nothing but 2nds and 3rds from a whole host of starters.  So frustrating.
Ugh. I am in the same boat. Had an awesome week last week, and an awful week this week.

I'd be happy if things settled out to "kind of OK, most of the time". This up and down thing is driving me crazy.

Complaining about 2nd and 3rd place finishes :blink: :o

Hey, it could be worse.... most of my horses until just recently have finished 11th, 9th, 10th, 12th...almost anywhere but 5th place on up. :ph34r:

Stormy ;)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000