A Few Races That Need Filling

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

In week 7 there are two 2 year old stakes that need filled! I really want them to go so if you have any babies, you could pick up a check or some blacktype!

Week 7 Japan: 7 furlongs. Turf. "Keio Hai Nisai Stakes." 2 year olds. Stakes. Purse $150,000 - Grade 3 Entry Fee $1,500......This race only has 2 entries so far.

Week 7 New Zealand: Race 8 - 6 furlongs. Turf. "Northland Breeders' Stakes." 2 year olds. Colts and Geldings. Stakes. Purse $50,000 Entry Fee $500....This race has 1 entry!

As I said before if you have anything that can run it would be a good chance to pick up a nice check!
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Wanted to add that the ENTIRE card at Thistledown needs horses. There are a whopping 3 horses in 7 races, including just one entrant in the $100,000 Ohio Derby.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I have had such a bad week with my dog being sick and me being sick I still havent finished entering my week 7 and only done week 8 for my chasers. Normally I have everyone entered for the new week opening by sunday so I will see if I have any that can go in those races.

EDIT

I have one 2yo in New Zeland but he raced week 4, I dont think I have ever raced a 2yo without 4weeks of rest. Has anyone ever raced their 2yo w/ only 2weeks rest and did they do ok? my gut feeling is not to do it, but if it needs filled...

Manhattan Star
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28692' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=28692</a>

edit again

actually it will run now there are 3 horses entered but still wondering about the question
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

As a practical matter, a stakes will go, even if there is only one entrant (there was a walkover last season in a stakes). That said, while the stakes don't need filling, for all the newer/poorer players with filler or claiming level horses, there's a bunch of races this week where your horse could pick up a decent check. The only caveat I would add is, if you fill a near-empty stakes now, check it closer to the actual race time to make sure it still is a good earning opportunity and didn't fill up with a ton of stakes caliber horses in the interim.

Angela, if your 2yo raced in Week 4, I think you'd be okay with Week 7. I've done that with some of my 2yos (when there is a good opportunity for them, they are racing back at the same track and had farm rest) and done just fine. The norm for my 2yos is to run back in Week 8, but if there is a good opportunity a week earlier (if it was two weeks' earlier, I'd say forget it at this point in the 2yo season, no matter how tempting), go for it.