Y32 Break Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Y32 Break Contest

Post by The Steward »

The break contest is back and the racing and one-time breeding of three Steward-breds is up for grabs. Before we get to the contest, let's get to the prizes and rules!

Prize 1: Malibu SS, a 2yo of Y33 by Tychonic out of Chevelle
Prize 2: Shahir'ra, a yearling of Y33 by Frayed out of Sieve
Prize 3: Cookie, a yearling of Y33 by Oversized Heart out of Socks

Note: All horses come with equipment "checked," insurance and other instructions. You will race them through their 3 year old seasons and then retire them and breed them once before sending them back to the Steward.

Rules: ONE entry per person. Your entry must comprise the "answers" to ALL THREE parts of the contest in one email. You MUST use the "Contact Us" form on the bottom of every page and be logged in under your own stable name. Entries MUST be submitted before Tuesday, May 22nd at noon PT. The results will be tabulated and the winners announced/prizes handed out by the end of the week. The first-place winner (whoever gets the most points) will get to pick first from the three prizes, then the second place finisher, etc.

And Now for the Actual Contest!
Part 1 - Trivia
http://www.simhorseracing.com/contest/trivia.php

Part 2 - Puzzle
http://www.simhorseracing.com/contest/puzzle.php

Part 3 - Slogan
Our current "slogan" is "It's Not the Horses That Are Real, It's the Emotions" (credit Jon Xett). Come up with a new slogan to correspond with the launch of SIM 5.0 in September.

Scoring Part 1 is worth 20 points, 2 per question. You will be scored on the number you get correct.
Part 2 is worth 20 points. If you miss the answer to the puzzle, you will be "out."
Part 3 is worth 20 points. A panel of 4 SIMHorseRacing.com employees (who do not play the SIM and are not the Steward) will rate your slogan between 1-20 on how likely we will be to use it. That will get added to your point total. You will receive your score after the contest is over.

Whoever gets the most points wins. In the (likely) event of a tie, there will be a video-recorded drawing of names from a (SIM) hat as the tiebreaker.

Notes: All three prizes are Grade 1-worthy, but we can't guarantee big wins. Don't share your answers with others, as you probably would prefer to win the horse yourself, yeah? Best of luck!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Y32 Break Contest

Post by The Steward »

Little one word change to the puzzle... it was off slightly but I fell asleep before I could fix it!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

First time I've tried one of these break contests.

I seriously think booby prizes are in order.

Bottles of aspirin.
Maybe some sun-shades (to block out that horrible bright light of the 60 watt bulb overhead. 8) )

*side thought: Isn't alcohol suppose to be involved before one gets symptoms that need help like that?

-----
Stormy :wink:
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jarrn Shikage
Derby Contender

Post by Jarrn Shikage »

I think I might be reading this wrong, but does Question 22 [part 2] have one or two answers?
Just Look - STB Trotter - $2k
~11:7-3-0
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

My head might be hurting but on the puzzle for Part 26. Do you want just the set aside answers along with the answers to Parts 1 and 3? Or do you want all 26 answers? I suppose it doesn't matter much either way, but this contest has easily made my head hurt more than every other contest we've done put together.
This is where a creative signature would go.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It's always good to "show your work" in school and in SIM so the teacher doesn't think you're cheating ;-) But not required.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Em i sent you the first part before someone pointed out it should be all together in one. Can you please send that back to me? The car questions, pretty please?
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

I am pretty confident in my answer to the Puzzle Part 2 ... but if you would prefer to check on my work I can resend the entire progression of answers to show I didn't cheat if it ends up you need proof. ;)

can I add that I love these types of things .... almost makes me want to do more SIMLogic puzzles for a future contest. ;)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This contest is closed... thank you everyone who participated (46 SIMsters!!). The winners will be up by Friday afternoon.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I really don't think the current slogan can be beat lol I tried though :D
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Chris Everett wrote:I really don't think the current slogan can be beat lol I tried though :D

I agree...... Mr. Xett said it best with the current slogan.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Oh I feel stupid. I thought it ended today, not yesterday. Oops!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Oops, I didn't send in all the answers to the puzzle *shrugs* I can if you want lol I saved all of it.

And I agree, I don't think there's much beating the current slogan.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was reading the contest questions about Shelby to my brother today, I stopped by the store to visit with him and chat for a bit, and we got talking about cars so that led to this contest. I said, I'm going to test your knowledge on some car stuff.

His reply to the first question.

I said: "Before Carroll Shelby became involved with muscle cars, he had a chicken farm and went bankrupt when they died. What killed the chickens?"

My brother replied, "He killed them" then laughed and finished with...
"They were in the back of his souped up truck, he hit the accelerator and sudden increase in momentum snapped their necks"

:lol:

So, I guess chickens (and long necked people) shouldn't be in high performance vehicles without a head rest. :P

--------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

there's actually a disease called limberneck lol