What's New in Year 33

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: What's New in Year 33

Post by The Steward »

Abe Froman wrote:
The Steward wrote:
1. Pensioning of stallions has been turned "off" for future breaks, just like injuries, so if your old guy makes it through the year you no longer have to worry about him becoming infertile during the breeding time. Also, the pensioning script now only happens to 13 year olds and up rather than 11 year olds and up.
While it isn't a big deal as I know his days are doomed, but if we are on break, and stallions shouldn't be pensioned on breaks, why did Dbacks just bite it?
Very broken and didn't even think about it until I saw this post. Will be fixed for 34.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Keith Wall
Derby Contender

Post by Keith Wall »

Similar comments to Abe but Magic met a similar fate yesterday.
Again an event expected in the not too distant future so not a major issue
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Money Honey had the same thing happen to him. Darn it I wanted to send mares right after the year changed to Dbacks, Money Honey and Magic.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I missed on Dbacks for B Ball Sass which I was planning on doing day 1. But I realized when researching QH studs that it's very tough for them to move on to 15 with their fertility intact as that's probably the case with most studs. Only one steady business QH sire did this year so it's risky to wait.

Black Irish scared me being 14 now. So I'll hit him sooner rather than later for sure because he's very nice.

Keith, I'm glad that you stood Magic. You did nicely with him and his last few seasons were very useful because he was able to better show his strength as a broodmare sire which is very useful for AW racing in the long run.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke