Sharp Minister

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I would say she is a dirt mare, especially given her 2 y/o's performance last out. I mean, Sharpen Up is in a lot of turf pedigrees... but the Vice Regent I think will be more important. Vice Regent is the sire of Deputy Minister who has thrown a lot of dirt sprint in the game... plus, Captain Steve (who has a winner on dirt) is out of a Vice Regent mare. Not to mention the Vice Regent in Bright Feather and then Albert the Great (who has a handful of winners on dirt). However, both Vice Regent and Deputy Minister seem to be surface versatile in general. So your mare is definitely confusing.

I would search for horses that have crossed well with Deputy Minister (that will probably be the most common source of Vice Regent in the game).

That search led me to an interesting option: Buddha. He's good at siring dirt sprinters but take a look at Enlightened who won dramatically on turf last time out. So, you could try the foal on both surfaces.

There are quite a few options really, but I'll let you sift through the 4-2 year olds out of Deputy Minister mares. If you find a sire that is particularly interesting, post here and I'll try to help any more if I can. :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~