What Has Been Your Best Sales Page Purchase

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Since Em has been putting some delicious morsels on the sales page I figured I would see who was everyone's favorite sales page purchase so far

I honestly can't pick out my favorite sales page purchase:

I have gotten numerous excellent quality horses off the sales page that I otherwise would have never been able to afford on the sim

My Best Bargain has to be

It's Okay To Love: This filly is from a stellar female family of turfers and is half-sibling to such great ones as Its Okay To Cry, It's Okay To Smile.
This is a filly who went for 7.5 million at a Trial By Summer Yearling Auction and I only paid $50,000 for her which I consider a bargain whether she wins or loses on the track she will definintly make a nice addition to my broodmare band when it is time.

Next Up Would Be

Soliloquy who is A Solstice son. He has already won a stakes race for me and already made back his $75,000 purchase price.

Other favorites include Touch a half-sibling to that classy turf mare Lovesongsafterdark, Anguilla a half-sibling to another talented turf colt Crew, Canal an Antigua colt, and Tearstreaked and Tearsfromtheheart who are half-siblings to my talented although now retired turf mare Moved To Tears

I was also able to pick up some promising broodmare prospects with 2 Fiji daughters, and a full sibling to one of my favorite stallions Tulloch.

All, I got to say is I am extremely happy with my sales page purchases.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I paid $1 for Cypher the note and he eanred $700 in his next start. LOL He's a piece of crap but good for filling up short fields. ;)

I got a nice 4 year old colt the other day. He had 2 wins from 3 starts and looked like a dirt horse that can go longer. So i ran him in the Big Cap and he got 5th! Paid 20k for him. He's eanred back 10k already! woot!

I think i bought Star of Emblem for $200 and she won a claiming race for me and earned $7200. She's by Our Emblem o/o a FuPeg mare, so I thought she'd be good for breeding later too.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

TammyFox wrote: Anguilla a half-sibling to another talented turf colt Crew, Canal an Antigua colt, and Tearstreaked and Tearsfromtheheart who are half-siblings to my talented although now retired turf mare Moved To Tears

I was also able to pick up some promising broodmare prospects with 2 Fiji daughters, and a full sibling to one of my favorite stallions Tulloch.

All, I got to say is I am extremely happy with my sales page purchases.
so you are the one picking up all of my fiji offspring!! lol :P
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

LaDonna King wrote: so you are the one picking up all of my fiji offspring!! lol :P
Yeah and I am gonna stay away from those Fiji offspring! lol :)
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

lol...i love my fiji babies!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I bought a colt named Try Outs for $100, and he's won both of his starts for me so far, and still hasn't been stretched beyond a mile. He's a great-grandson on his dam's side, so that's not too bad at all.

I also, got Classic, a handsome three-year-old son of Conduit and Solace, a stakes-winning daughter of Solstice. Snoopy Dancing, a son of Conduit and P Cubed (out of Pike Place Dancer). Forgiveness, a lightly raced, stakes-placed daughter of Priceless Forever and After the Fiasco (out of Surfside). Several nice broodmares. Etc.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Last nite, I did pick up Audacious One, by A.P. Indy out of Platinum Tiara for 5k :) Here's hoping she's a good one :)
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

What can I say, I love love love Fiji. I always wanted one of her offspring but could never afford it. Now if only some Sunline offspring would come on the sales page :D

I am obsessive about turf racers, I already told Em that I needed to join turfer anonymous(LOL)
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

haha, i got lucky and got a nice sunline filly out of the auction a couple of weeks ago.

you missed blush on the sale page earlier...i bought her. what can i say, i love fiji too!
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I'm HOPING my best sales page purchase (of the new SIM) is this mare:

<span style='color:blue'>Resonance (Crystal Night - Solstice, by Littlebitotrouble)</span>

Australian Champion Three Year Old Filly, 15 wins in 19 starts, never worst than 2nd (and one of those 2nds was to Atlas!), blah blah blah. Earned almost $4 million. Her parents were both undefeated European Horses of the Year.

I already posted about her baby in the "Foal Announcements" thread. It's a filly by Atlas (duh) named Resonant.

I am way way way excited about this mare and I'm hoping she turns out to be the latest in my series of superstar broodmares.

I am very very very excited about this mare.

I paid $300,000 for her so now I am basically broke but it was fully worth it. :)
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i bought solace, a half sister to your mare....still not sure who i want to send her to. i need a miler for her...
Desiree Bendell
Sprinter

Post by Desiree Bendell »

I've got a few off the boards now that I think I did pretty good getting. I just bought 2 mares today. Intothehandsoffate (Crystal Night x Surely Special) is a winning half sister to my Ecipse winning mare Emotional Moment. Intothehandsoffate is already retired and this year will be her first breeding seasons. Three Of Hearts (Tulloch x Sparkling Star) is an Ecipse Winning mare with over $1mill in earnings. This is her first breeding season as well. I spent $40k for Intothehandsoffate and $35k for Three Of Hearts so I think I got them for dirt cheap.
Otherwise I also bought one 2 y/o, Howlongisthenight (Static x Enthused, Satelite). I paid $60k for her and considering the price that most of the 2 y/o's sell for on the board ($1000-$2000) I figured she is probably worth the cost.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I think mine would be Southern Lights, a 2 year old filly by Star Studded out of Desert Dreamer. Southern Lights's half sister by Flaming Star (a half brother to Star Studded) was a stakes winner. I picked her up for $1,000 and in 3 starts she's made me $32,300. Her last race was the Tenacity Stakes against Calais, and her running line was "Broke explosively, dueled, game to the end, dead heat." Not BAD! Oh, and just to clarify, Calais's winning margin was 1 length, so it wasn't really a deat heat. She's a nice addition to my stable, since I'm gradually switching to turf (hoping to develop a niche in that division). Southern Lights will be getting a nice rest until week 8 or 9.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500