A Lovely Pet

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I'm considering breeding this mare to a dirt router type. I'm not really sure, though:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=20162' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=20162</a>

I'm thinking I should find a stallion who's had success with horses who run 10-12 furlongs.

Anyone have suggestions?
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Based on the success of Pantera and Thunder Beast, I'd be looking at A.P. Indy or another Slew line stallion. I'm not sure that Devil's Bag necessarily wants 10-12 - in the old SIM one of his daughters produced several good turf sprinters, but I'd say based on the limited sample in the new SIM, I'd go with looking for a dirt router - 1 mile to 1 1/4 miles, and preferably one with Slew blood in him.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Devil's Bag seems kinda turfy in the SIM. At least that's what I find. The best horse from Flying Pastor, Five Circles (through damsire of Worldly Manor),is a Dirt runner, BUT he sires Turf as well. And so far the only person to try the Five Circles Devils Bag cross is Laura Smith and it's a Yearling so who knows what will happen there. Of course i might have a bad example as I own a filly with DB as her BM sire and she's Rock Hard Ten's only Dirt winner. She is also more of a Sprinter. But that could be the Kris S line in her.

Since Lovely Pet was never raced it's harder to tell what she is. Her Loki D 3yo has yet to win. And Might like the turf. Loki D won on the turf. Although he's only got 4 winners on turf and 42 on dirt, you never know.

The best Devil's Bag on the DM side is Hedancesdiscopants (Atticus) who could run on both surfaces, but seems to sire turf. Thunder BEast (A.P. Indy) runs well on dirt and is a stakes winner, but he's got Damascus as a great dam Sire and that's dirt.

There is a Hap filly that runs well on turf, sprinting. But she is a 1/2 to Hedancesdiscopants.

Dave seems to have success with the A.P. indy cross and dirt. So if you want dirt a son or indy himself might be the way to go. You've got Jump Start who has 3 winners on dirt and stands for only $1,000. Aptitude has 1 winner on dirt and stands for $2,500. Big Country has a winner on each surface, and stands for $5,000 (which might be good in case she is a turf mare. Dance With Ravens at $5,000, has 1 winner on dirt with a very limited crop. Does Brianna own a bad stallion?? I don't think so... LOL Anyway, he has a possibility of turf as well with Danzig on the bottom. Full Mandate is $2. He's got 2 winners on dirt from another small crop. His damsire of Deputy Minister has been hot in the SIM right now. Malibu Moon is at $5,000 and has multiple dirt winenrs and 1 on the turf. Mineshaft is at $75,000 and has 10 winners on the dirt. Personally i'm mad at him cause my Mineshaft sucked. LOL and she was 3/4 to bernardini too! LOL But others have had luck with him obviously. Rock Slide is at $2,000 and has 2 winners on the dirt. Stephen Got Even has yet to have a winner, but he's only $1,200. Lastup is Suave who only has 4 foals right now, but he's only $500 too.

Wow I wrote a lot. Anyway, i don't know if any of that is helpful. But usually I plan my breedings by seeing what's worked with what lines in the past. being a SIMperior account holder helps me a lot cause i can see winners on ewach surface and view the rankings. I've got 30 mares left to breed but i'm waiting until the end of the year so I can see hwo's retired.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

While Sunday Silence (Halo) line stallions have been very turf-oriented in the SIM since its reopening, Halo lined mares are considerably different: I've noticed them winning on dirt almost twice as often as they win on turf, so your initial impression as it relates to surface seems reasonable.

Your mare is also a half sister to Victory Ride, a talented dirt sprinter in real life who had the unfortunate luck to be bred to Black Light, who is looking more and more like a total bust as a sire, so its difficult to judge very much from that cross. Aldeberan doesn't seem like much of an improvement, as he hasn't been setting the world on fire, and thats all you'll get from Victory Ride's offspring. What might be more interesting is to work with the very fact that Victory Ride was talented, so a Mr. Prospector/Seeking The Gold cross might work. Additionally, there have been a couple of interesting Seattle Slew/Halo crosses (specifically horses like Love Of Mine, Corona, and Courageinthedark), so if you feel like waiting for California to retire, he'd bring in both A.P. Indy and Seeking The Gold.

Mineshaft is expensive, but does give you the A.P. Indy/Mr. Prospector cross that I've been talking about, and you get the same thing from Bernardini, Malibu Moon, Rock Slide, and Big Country. The Loki Dynasty foal isn't half bad, so there might be something to be said for looking for a Silver Charm/Seattle Slew cross, which you can find in horses like Edict, Lightninginabottle, Konstantine, etc.