Select Yearling Sale

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

And now... you can call this over kill. :lol: I am desperate for money. So, I'm going to offer you 10 of the yearlings I fully intended to keep. I believe each of these holds extremely high potential, so I am going to want decent money for all of them.

Please place bids below on this thread. Each bid must be at least $5,000 more than the last. Please don’t buy for the purpose of immediately reselling. And, if you fail to purchase the horse you win in the auction, you will be excluded from ALL FUTURE AUCTIONS that I hold. I will send warnings and stuff, of course, and I can see if you get them- only one person has ever given me a problem before, so I don't expect it to be an issue really... just wanted to add that just in case it happens again.

Auction ends at 6 PM EST (3 PM Pacific) on Saturday, March 24th.

UPDATED AS OF 6 PM EST ON MARCH 24

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horseped. ... seID=34767' target='_blank'>A Quiet Night</a> – filly
A Crown Awaits x Silent Happiness, by Sunday Silence
Sire is red hot, demands a 100k fee. This filly is a half sister to a winner, and not only is she bred to run but her future value in the breeding shed should be taken into account. Bred to be a turf router.
Minimum: $250,000

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31549' target='_blank'>Alone in the Dark</a> – colt
Dance in the Dark x Sky Beam, by Kingmambo
The only two horses of racing age bred with Sunday Silence as the grandsire and Kingmambo and the dam sire are both winners, including TINT who is a dual winner sired by this colt’s sire, Dance in the Dark. This is the second foal from this mare, who is spectacularly bred – she is by Kingmambo and her dam is a full sister to A.P. INDY! I’m expecting a lot of talent. Bred to be a turf router.
Minimum: $200,000

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=30483' target='_blank'>Better Dance Now</a> – colt
Better Talk Now x Histrionics, by Theatrical
Out of only 3 2 y/os, Better Talk Now’s first crop already has a winner. Sire won the Breeder’s Cup Turf. The dam was a winner, too, and she also has a filly (her first foal) who has been so close to winning many times. Bred to be a turf router, already imported to Europe.
Current High Bid: $75,000 Terry Pickhaver

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31545' target='_blank'>Dance in the Show</a> – filly
Dance in the Dark x Admire Dancer, by El Condor Pasa
Excellent source of the rather rare El Condor Pasa blood for future breeding! Dance in the Dark brings in Sunday Silence blood (see Black Condor for why I did that). The dam’s first foal has a 4th place finish over 7 furlongs when he should need more ground. Bred to be a turf router.
Current High Bid: $200,000 - The Steward

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=35282' target='_blank'>Face in the Mirror</a> – filly
Saga x Facebehindascreen, by Sunday Silence
Sire is hot right now. Dam is a stakes winner out of Miss You Love (has progeny earnings of over $1 million and is the dam of Queen’s Plate winner Been Worthwhile). Bred to be a dirt router.
Current High Bid: $205,000 - Emma L.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31177' target='_blank'>Justafacenthecrowd</a> – colt
For What Its Worth – Akward Silence, by A.P. Indy
Sire is very popular, sire of BC Juv. winner I Said Don’t Do It. Dam is a winner and is one of the closest sources of Key to the Mint in the game (he is the mare’s dam sire). Second foal from dam. Bred to be a dirt router.
Current High Bid: $150,000 - Janey Adams

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=34931' target='_blank'>Soft Light</a> – filly
Pincay x Unseen Light, by Blades Hill
Every single foal from this mare is a winner- except for her two year old who was second last out. Those foals include the 6 time winner and stakes winner Invisible and the stakes placed winner Dixie View. The dam is a granddaughter of LAUGHING LOOK (the dam of the multiple millionaire producing Sideways Glance (you know, the dam of Lookit and The Look)). This filly is from the very first crop of the speedy Pincay. Bred to be a dirt sprinter.
Current High Bid: $250,000 - Brit Rea

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31167' target='_blank'>Rhodes Scholar</a> – colt
Perfect Soul x Nesselrode, by Lemon Drop Kid
Dam is a daughter of a full sister to DESERT STORMER. This colt’s only half sibling to race is a winner! Sire has many winners going short. Bred to be a turf sprinter or maybe miler, already imported to Europe.
Current High Bid: $175,000 - Brit Rea

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=34474' target='_blank'>Sparkle N Shine</a> – filly
Herkemayah – Sparkleinthedark, by Worth Fighting For
Dam was a dual winner and is inbred 3x3 to ANGEL FEVER (the dam of Fusaichi Pegasus and the granddam of Worth Fighting For). This filly is tail-female to MY FLAG and her daughter SPARKLING WONDER (dam of multiple stakes winner Sparkle and Fade). That amazing filly Sparkle and Fade is by Trophy- who is also sire of this filly’s sire, Herkemayah- that's why I chose him. Bred to be a dirt router.
Current High Bid: $175,000 - Nikki Sherman

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horseped. ... seID=34794' target='_blank'>Fantastic Four</a> – colt
Xaar x Fantastic Show, by Performing Magic
Sire has 50% winners out of all of his horses of racing age. Dam was a winner. This guy is the first foal from the dam, and he is inbred 3x3 to Gone West. Bred to be a turf miler, already imported to Europe. Has a lot of potential!
Current High Bid: $80,000 - Matt Nelson
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Better Dance Now $50k
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Dance in the Show - 100k
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

Justafacenthecrowd: 150k
Brit Rea

Post by Brit Rea »

soft light 250000
fantastic four 75000
rhodes scholar 175000
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Sparkle N Shine $175,000
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Terry Pickhaver
Miler

Post by Terry Pickhaver »

Better Dance Now $75,000
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

face in the mirror: $150,000
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Ooh, those are awesome yearlings Emily! I have nothing more to add, aside from that...y'all are way out of my price range.

;)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dance in the Show - $200k.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

face in the mirror $200,000
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I'm leaving in just a little bit to go to the hospital- I'm having surgery on my leg... again. So I won't be updating this list until I get back which will be a couple days. Just so you guys know. ;)

But feel free to keep posting your bids!
Matt Nelson
Two Year Old

Post by Matt Nelson »

Fantastic Four $80,000...Hey Em, good luck with the surgery, I hope all goes well and you have a good recovery, chat when you get back from what seems like the 100th hospital visit ;).
Matt
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I'm back guys... and here are some updates I think are worth mentioning:

A Quiet Night's half sister Happy finished second in a maiden race. I think there is talent in this female family, and with A Crown Awaits as the sire it seems hard to go wrong.

Alone in the Dark's half sister Perfectly Wild (his only sibling of racing age) finished 2nd in her 2 y/o debut by 1/2 length. Nice.

Justafacenthecrowd's only sibling Silence And Beauty finished 3rd in her debut in a race less than a mile long (and she is a dirt router). That's a good start.

I think that's all there is to update about.

:)
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

but are you feeling ok?
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.