Queen's Plate Poll

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Should We have Trivia at Plate dinner?

Poll ended at 12 years ago

Heck yeah! We are all kids at heart and want to win amazing prizes
63%
No, I agree with Mr. Zone, I'm just there to hang
25%
Eh. whatever goes
13%

Total votes: 16

Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Queen's Plate Poll

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Allrighty!

I had a very interesting conversation with Mr.Zone and I was wondering if people wanted to see the return of SIM/REAL racing trivia. He thinks that SIM dinners are for adults and we don't need gimmicks. Honestly if we are going to be talking about fake horses why not have a chance to win some cool ones? Last year we had a post draw for a Headshot, 3 millionaire mare leases, Yearlings, Game Points and SIM Cash Galore.

What's your say? Are we too old for fun?
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Re: Queen's Plate Poll

Post by Ara Davies »

Um considering that everyone on here is playing a GAME, it's hard to say that anyone is too adult for fun :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

that's what I thought ;)

PS: If anyone wants to donate prizes message me in the game
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I thought our dinner party last year was fun and well done. The prizes didn't dominate and I don't think anyone was short of conversation...Mr Zone must have been at a different party, lol.
Justin Turner
Turf Router

Post by Justin Turner »

i just go for the food 8)
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I recall Mr Zone was busy at a few other tables last year.............

He's probably like Sgt. Schultz: "I know nothing!"
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Lucas Davenport wrote:I recall Mr Zone was busy at a few other tables last year.............

He's probably like Sgt. Schultz: "I know nothing!"
I recall that as well, lol
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Channi u ask me I said no I have nothing planned . Then u got all about oh I have to top last year and so I on I said I enjoy the dinner and don't need the extras tO have fUn.

For someone that may not even make it I find this funny!!

Also guess what plate weekend is the busiest time of the year for me not only will I have 5-10 runner that weekend I have a plate barn party to plan ,owners to entertain and just overall work!
So do I have time to plan games no ! But hey let's play pin the tail on awake as I am and smash the giant piñata that looks like East and call it a night!

Feel free to plan games I just don't have the time to do it ! I will make time for any sim player that wants to come to the backstretch and watch horses train when they are here also will make sure all sim players can get on to the backside after the plate to be part of the parties and maybe meet the plate winner !
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Zone, my dear, whether or not I show up I am at least making an effort to make simtrivia on the Saturday interesting and very much a ball. Besides I asked if you were going to try to top last year. It looks like there may have been a misunderstanding in the texts.

So far for all interested - Prizes:
500k SIMcash to be given away
20k Game Points
Stud Breedings
Brood Leases
Headshot
Yearlings
and more!

edited to say: "and more!"
Last edited by Chani Ruzzo 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I am making a effort to set aside my time on my he ll week for the sim ,my effort is getting them to see real horses not just fake game ones!
I do not understand why you want to make such a big deal of this its great you are planningthe games that is what you are good at that is what you should do !
I am good at or can get them all access to horses and such so that is what i will do! SIMHORSERACING=people gettting together and having fun should not be about hey he does not want to do this or i can do this its should be about a group of people having fun in anyway they want and enjoying each others company!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Long range forecast calls for RAIN!

Now I feel bad for saying last year I wanted it to rain so the crowd wouldn't be so bad.. :)

But it does help me plan my outfit..
Justin Turner
Turf Router

Post by Justin Turner »

shorts and a tshirt bri
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

Today the weather forecast for Next Sunday is 80 and sunny! no rain Bri!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

...and being Canada, regretfully, our weather does tend to change...a lot. lol
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I'm much more happy with the current forecast of not hot and not raining! Sooo glad we are getting this scorcher out of the way before Sunday!