Dynamic Action

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Matt Heissenbuttel

Post by Matt Heissenbuttel »

I need an opinion from a seasoned player. My horse Dynamic Action

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27056' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=27056</a>

seems to be very promising young colt by Rock Hard Ten. He won first out and I have hm entered back this week in an allowance race at Futurity Park. However, there is also a stakes that he could run in for a larger purse and I think he would run well. Am I being too conservative or is this the correct move? Thanks for the help.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Personally, I wouldn't run him at all this week. You're running him after only 2 weeks of rest- and while that can be done... I don't think it's a good general practice for 2 year olds. Plus, you gave him a workout this week. So, I would not run him the same week you worked him- especially since he is so young... but I wouldn't do that with any horse. I'd run him week 9 or 8.

He is a very nice colt, and I think he'll do even better with more ground. Good luck with him. :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I personally don't think running him this week would be such a stretch; an extra week would be preferable, but isn't an absolute necessity. As far as what level he should be placed into when he runs next, I'd opt for the allowance. With a horse who figured to be a late-bloomer like this one, there's no reason to rush him into stakes company just yet.

There are a lot of speedy turf colts out there that are going to be monsters as two year olds, and its fair to assume that they're going to wind up in the stakes races. Your horse, while he seems to have plenty of ability, wants to go longer and is going to be at a disadvantage to those precocious sprinters for at least another few weeks. I wouldn't be in a rush to face them until you can do it on your terms: at 8f+, and with a fresh horse.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Eric Nalbone wrote: I personally don't think running him this week would be such a stretch; an extra week would be preferable, but isn't an absolute necessity.
Even though he had a workout this week, too? Just seems like pushing it to me. :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~